Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Glen Hoddle took time off from his exertions on the celebrity golf circuit to offer some pearls of wisdom in the television studio. Half time analysis:" I think City will get back into this, they've got pace right across the back four?!! I reckon 3-3 will be the result". He wasn't on his own. Jim Beglin, on seeing the Liverpool line up, concluded that "Klopp has set up his team to contain City by playing Firmino as a false number nine.( 38 goals for Hoffenheim but I don't have to tell you that)" Don Hutchison nearly fell over himself to agree. Where do they get these idiots from?

What I saw of Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, where they pressed and harried for the whole game, City's line up was tailor made for them. And thanks Klopp for bringing back the dying art of the back heel. We don't see enough of that simple but effective change of direction nowadays.

Sweet one from Neymar to Iniesta last night=goal.

barca were a thing of beauty against madrid. that fourth goal was just taking the piss.

jim beglin is a total and utter embarrassment. the most clueless of the lot.

Beglin so dull with nothing to contribute. His idiot commentator partner who's so excitable and over the top spoils every game.

You're talking about Peter Drury, who has to wipe himself down even talking to himself.

• Like 1

Glen Hoddle took time off from his exertions on the celebrity golf circuit to offer some pearls of wisdom in the television studio. Half time analysis:" I think City will get back into this, they've got pace right across the back four?!! I reckon 3-3 will be the result". He wasn't on his own. Jim Beglin, on seeing the Liverpool line up, concluded that "Klopp has set up his team to contain City by playing Firmino as a false number nine.( 38 goals for Hoffenheim but I don't have to tell you that)" Don Hutchison nearly fell over himself to agree. Where do they get these idiots from?

What I saw of Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, where they pressed and harried for the whole game, City's line up was tailor made for them. And thanks Klopp for bringing back the dying art of the back heel. We don't see enough of that simple but effective change of direction nowadays.

Are you saying that Klopp told them to do more back heels ? laugh.png and there's me thinking that it was off the cuff gigglem.gif

• Like 1

Are you saying that Klopp told them to do more back heels ? laugh.png and there's me thinking that it was off the cuff gigglem.gif

Read my post 22198, wally.

Read my post 22198, wally.

Iv'e read it and what ? so are you saying that Can wouldn't have made that back heel under another manager ?

yes alfie. that's exactly what he was saying. klopp has clearly had the players practising nothing but das heelenversenkickenunde in training for the past couple of weeks.

I could tell that by the amount there was in the game by Liverpool, back heels all over the place biggrin.png

carragher and neville's monday night football analysis of the city match: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f77dz_mnf-man-city-vs-liverpool-analysis_sport

What do think of Carragher as a pundit? I don't rate him but reckon Red Nev always has something worthwhile to say.

EDIT: I mean generally, not specifically in the Daily Motion clip.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

carragher and neville's monday night football analysis of the city match: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f77dz_mnf-man-city-vs-liverpool-analysis_sport

What do think of Carragher as a pundit? I don't rate him but reckon Red Nev always has something worthwhile to say.

EDIT: I mean generally, not specifically in the Daily Motion clip.

]

Gary Neville is generally very good indeed. Its only my opinion but i find Carragher pretty awful to be frank. That was an interesting analysis mindyou but generally speaking i've started losing interest in what JC has to say regards other teams.

However, i'm sure on this thread atleast there will be some vastly differing opinions

carragher is interesting on some stuff, defensive organization and setups etc, but on a lot of other stuff i quite often find him way off. both of them are a hundred times more interesting than the inane dross served up on match of the day mind.

• Like 2

carragher is interesting on some stuff, defensive organization and setups etc, but on a lot of other stuff i quite often find him way off. both of them are a hundred times more interesting than the inane dross served up on match of the day mind.

Actually that a fair call on Carragher regards defensive setups. As for the match day stuff, its just painful.

there are some shocking ex-liverpool players in the media though. danny murphy said some disgraceful stuff on that horrible talksport station on sunday, saying rafa benitez was not a likeable person on merseyside but he knew how to 'work' the liverpool fans by being involved with and donating money to charities like the hillsborough fund and the rhys jones charity. it's a pretty <deleted> sick thing to say that murphy.

• Like 1

yep, quite so mate, think montse is still based on merseyside isn't she? kids are in school there and that.

murphy just sounds vile here. course he didn't point out that rafa benitez donated £96,000 to the hillsborough family support group long after he'd left the club so he was hardly currying favour was he? murphy's a bitter little sh*te.

yep, quite so mate, think montse is still based on merseyside isn't she? kids are in school there and that.

murphy just sounds vile here. course he didn't point out that rafa benitez donated £96,000 to the hillsborough family support group long after he'd left the club so he was hardly currying favour was he? murphy's a bitter little sh*te.

Could be right about the "bitter" thing here because he rarely has anything decent to offer about Spurs either with his punditry! Never misses an opportunity to put us down and its well known his move to WHL wasn't that of a success story.

there are some shocking ex-liverpool players in the media though. danny murphy said some disgraceful stuff on that horrible talksport station on sunday, saying rafa benitez was not a likeable person on merseyside but he knew how to 'work' the liverpool fans by being involved with and donating money to charities like the hillsborough fund and the rhys jones charity. it's a pretty <deleted> sick thing to say that murphy.

what a &lt;deleted&gt;

• Like 2

^Depends on what you want to pay ,city centre is best if you are planning a night out after the match...Shankly Hotel to stay within the theme but loads more available ,premier & travelodge amongst others...City centre about 10 mins in a taxi from Anfield.

Edited by kurtramsbottom
  • Like 1

Not been back for over 10 years, from what I have been told, it has changed massively.

I agree with the other lads, it is close to the centre, so shop around for a budget hotel there and you can't go wrong.

Edited by thaiduncankk