Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

well that was quite predictable. team with pace and goalscorer beats team without pace or goalscorer. there's a big rebuilding job on here for klopp in the summer. like that first summer when houllier was manager and he went out and bought hyypia, hamann, henchoz, smicer etc. think there were seven of them and they overhauled the first XI. we need another one of those summers.

• Like 1

well that was quite predictable. team with pace and goalscorer beats team without pace or goalscorer. there's a big rebuilding job on here for klopp in the summer. like that first summer when houllier was manager and he went out and bought hyypia, hamann, henchoz, smicer etc. think there were seven of them and they overhauled the first XI. we need another one of those summers.

i can't see how he can, at this juncture anyway, include Sturbridge in the rebuild. As disappointing as it must be. No doubt he'll start with the back five which is just poor, but looking through the other options in midfield oct, theres a lot of talent already there to work on.

i can't see how he can, at this juncture anyway, include Sturbridge in the rebuild. As disappointing as it must be. No doubt he'll start with the back five which is just poor, but looking through the other options in midfield oct, theres a lot of talent already there to work on.

there's not many i'd go to the mattresses for at the minute mate. keep clyne, henderson, coutinho, firmino. can should become a good player long term but at the moment he's playing too much and we're expecting too much of him. ings, origi, milner decent squad options. the rest i'd probably quite happily ship out.

start by signing two proper leaders to play centre back, two lads who defend first, who win headers, who want you out of their area. same with the goalkeeper, sign one who has some authority and balls to replace this current one who seems to be a combination of all three characters dorothy meets in the wizard of oz. and yes, sturridge is pretty much a write-off now sadly so we really, really need to sign some goals.

• Like 2

there's not many i'd go to the mattresses for at the minute mate. keep clyne, henderson, coutinho, firmino. can should become a good player long term but at the moment he's playing too much and we're expecting too much of him. ings, origi, milner decent squad options. the rest i'd probably quite happily ship out.

start by signing two proper leaders to play centre back, two lads who defend first, who win headers, who want you out of their area. same with the goalkeeper, sign one who has some authority and balls to replace this current one who seems to be a combination of all three characters dorothy meets in the wizard of oz. and yes, sturridge is pretty much a write-off now sadly so we really, really need to sign some goals.

I'd start with Jack Butland and work my way up.

butland looks good but we've been burned down that road before. chris kirkland, scott carson. there's a chance that the lad ter stegen at barcelona is available and if he is we should lash whatever it takes to get him at them. £20m or whatever, just get a top quality keeper in and you've got him for ten years then.

butland looks good but we've been burned down that road before. chris kirkland, scott carson. there's a chance that the lad ter stegen at barcelona is available and if he is we should lash whatever it takes to get him at them. £20m or whatever, just get a top quality keeper in and you've got him for ten years then.

I think you'd also see an immediate improvement in the back four if they had a dominant keeper they trusted.

I think you'd also see an immediate improvement in the back four if they had a dominant keeper they trusted.

unquestionably. the difference when we had pepe reina at his peak for example was huge. the defenders trusted him, always knew he'd come for crosses, dominated his box, so that let them focus on marking their men and pushing up, knowing he'd be sweeping up behind them. with this pussycat mignolet behind them the defence never seem to know whether they are coming or going.

Nice to see a sensible chat on here. I agree with you both in different ways. We need to clear out the dross and not good enoughs. How long can we hope Sturrige will stay fit????????? keeper would improve the defense, and I think some of the current players would then be OK. Lovren has improved, and I think Skirtle is still worth some thing. Clyne is fine and we have flannigan back. Ship moreno he doesn't look interested to me and doesn't give us enough. We have some good midfield players they just don't seem to generate enough cracks at goal ( for themselves or others), and they seem to not be direct enough. I believe in build up, but we need more end product (attempts or through balls, if not goals). Up front we are a mess. I simply never expect us to score anymore.

We need more urgency to get the ball to a player to score, teams simply drop back and make it difficult while we look for openings that should already be there.

Buy a keeper and 2 strikers, tinker with the back line and bring in an experienced centerback (who can command ther line), and give the midfield time to grow over this season and see what happens in closed season.

Just my 2 peneth worth as an aside to people who actually know what they are talking about (Carmine and Stevie)

moreno has proved he just doesn't have a brain. he's infuriatingly stupid. i don't know what it is with us and fullbacks but we haven't half spunked some money on dross over the years.

joe gomez to come back is a plus point for next season. ings was a loss as he was playing well when he got injured. i don't honestly see how we can rely on sturridge any more, he just breaks down every time and dashes your hopes again.

i also keep forgetting we own that waster balotelli.

moreno has proved he just doesn't have a brain. he's infuriatingly stupid. i don't know what it is with us and fullbacks but we haven't half spunked some money on dross over the .

Strange cos after signing when i Saw enrique play for you imo he was good enuf Seemed to me he was victim of rodgers attempts to get better value for money and the cost of consequently not playing him has not only cost you an element of stability but how many have tried ,no doubt expensively , to fill the void?just seems no stability

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

moreno has proved he just doesn't have a brain. he's infuriatingly stupid. i don't know what it is with us and fullbacks but we haven't half spunked some money on dross over the .

Strange cos after signing when i Saw enrique play for you imo he was good enuf Seemed to me he was victim of rodgers attempts to get better value for money and the cost of consequently not playing him has not only cost you an element of stability but how many have tried ,no doubt expensively , to fill the void?just seems no stability

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

no jose enrique is thick as pig shit and lazy with it. he was just a bad signing. like most of our fullbacks over the last, what, twenty years? arbeloa and finnan have been good. fabio aurelio was excellent but made of glass. every leftback we've had since has made john arne riise look capable.

unquestionably. the difference when we had pepe reina at his peak for example was huge. the defenders trusted him, always knew he'd come for crosses, dominated his box, so that let them focus on marking their men and pushing up, knowing he'd be sweeping up behind them. with this pussycat mignolet behind them the defence never seem to know whether they are coming or going.

Enter John Achterberg as GK coach!!! facepalm.gifsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

• Like 1

Kids beat Forest away in FA Youth Cup. 2-1 with Herbie Kane and Adam Phillips getting the goals.biggrin.png Arsenal or Coventry next in 1/4 final.

(Game will be re-run at 5pm today for those who can get LFC TV on their android boxes)

the other teixeira, the one from shakhtar who really, really, really wanted to play for liverpool, has apparently signed for a chinese team for £38m and £200k a week net. china appears to be about to enter the game in a big way and start tossing lots of cash about.

the other teixeira, the one from shakhtar who really, really, really wanted to play for liverpool, has apparently signed for a chinese team for £38m and £200k a week net. china appears to be about to enter the game in a big way and start tossing lots of cash about.

The Russian team, Anzhi Makhachkala, tried the same several years back, offering ridiculous wages.

Roberto Carlos, Samuel Eto, Yuri Zhirkov, not to mention Guus Hiddink as manager, all signed, but within two years the owner decided to cut the annual budget by two thirds, and it all went tits up.

It is OK going for mega wages, but decent players go off the international radar playing at this level.

I am surprised Teixeira went there, given his age and prospects, but nowadays money talks and who am I to argue ?

Give it two to three years, and that club will go the same as Anzhi, once the novelty wears off for the owner.

china appears to be about to enter the game in a big way and start tossing lots of cash about.

Some of their stadiums are massive. I've been to Shanghai a few times and seen one of the stadiums Shanghai SIPG ( from memory Shanghai have 3 clubs) and I think it holds over80,000. My mate lives in Hangzhou, a place most people haven't heard of and their club's stadium is over 52,000 capacity.

not sure mate, the fella that owns alibaba is worth billions and is a huge football fan. more likely to see continued chinese money flowing into ownership of western clubs like, but teixiera and jackson martinez moving to china this week is quite mad.

• Like 1

Been scratching my bonce over why Achterberg has come under attack recently ,then stumbled across an article from Bruce Grobbelaar from December last year were Bruce is more than touting for the Job Achterberg currently holds.I did not read anywhere were Bruce has any first hand knowledge of Achterbergs coaching methods,or anyone else for that matter.I think some here should start a consultancy agency.whistling.gif

^Recently?....Stop scratching mate...Here is some background from a stats guy in 2014......BTW, wouldn't want BG anywhere near the place as a coach.thumbsup.gif

"Next, I saw quite some comments about our keeper coach John Achterberg, so I also run some numbers on him. Since Achterberg has come in (2009), our defence has leaked a lot more goals, which is supported by statistics. But maybe he is a "victim"of our manager, so I compared the one keeper's stats who both worked with and without Achterberg, which is Reina. Reina started performing significantly worse when Achterberg joined as a coach, so it is clear that he does not contribute to improving our keepers."

Fact is, Ochoterena and Valero were top quality coaches. Since Achterberg took over senior coaching, goalkeeping standards at the club have declined remarkably. Tapalovic (who Jurgen knows well) would be my pick as a replacement (although City may take him when Pep moves)!sad.png He is also a Croat which might not sit too well with JK's #2

Edited by wilai

Reina didnt fall on his sword until his dad come out with the statement that he would be joining Barca .After falling out with Rodgers.*

I dont believe a keeper of Reinas standing would be affected by a new coach,there is not much a coach can change that far into a keepers career. good or bad ,you are either a keeper or you are not.If Achterberg is seen as such a burden I have to wonder what Klopp is up to by keeping him.As for the stas guy ,who is he?

Reina didnt fall on his sword until his dad come out with the statement that he would be joining Barca .After falling out with Rodgers.*

I dont believe a keeper of Reinas standing would be affected by a new coach,there is not much a coach can change that far into a keepers career. good or bad ,you are either a keeper or you are not.If Achterberg is seen as such a burden I have to wonder what Klopp is up to by keeping him.As for the stas guy ,who is he?

For once spot on mm, a coach isn't going to make a great player a bad player likewise he ain't going to make a bad player a great ! a coach might make subtle differences to a player but it's natural ability that is the deciding factor on how good a player is.