Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

So much energy spent by both sides in the 1st half it's not surprising that whoever stole the impetus was going to carry it through to the end. Liverpool seemed to run out of stuffing after the early equaliser.

Great goal from Sturridge and that was it!

Klopp has lost his last 5 finals that he has been in!

No European nights at Anfailed next season almost makes being in the Europa Cup an achievment.

No excuses for Jurgen from now on in ...get rid of loads and sign loads the next season and team is yours.

• Like 1

First thing we do is get rid of Moreno, I've lost count how many matches that lad has lost us with his inability to be a defender, which for a left back is a pretty significant prerequisite.

If we are honest, an 8th placed EPL team reaching the final of the Europa League is punching above our weight. Jurgen Klopp did a fantastic job with a piss average team, getting us to 2 cup finals in less than a full season in charge.

Only thing that grates, as smokes said, could have killed it off in the first half with missed chances. Also video refereeing would have come on HANDY whistling.gif

• Like 2

What a shame, for me felt the game started to change with the disallowed goal, had sturridge been as awake as seville 2- 0 @ going into half time,,, different story,, i'm hesitant to say the defence fell to sleep for the Seville first,, cos their technique and quickness both of foot and thought got them the goal, but the fact was it was ?? Secs into the game,, exactly the opposite of what was needed. Then there didn't seem to be any threat up front until benteke came on and by then it was almost to late sturridge had dropping 2 deep and didn't pose ANY threat, can't remember the keeper making a save in the second half.

Not so sure about this team punching above its weight football tends to reflect what's deserved and this season you've been a traditional 'cup team' put some wonderful performances in but inconsistency has dogged you and like spurs inexperience showed when experience was most needed.

Still on the bright side looks like all totally behind klopp and the basis of a bloody good team is in place with a few tweeks you'll be competative next year.

Oh 2 things, interesting Seville hadn't won an away game in la lge. And no need for video replay, as per 95% plus decisions the ref got all right.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Am more gutted for me Mrs, she goes back to thailand on sat after being here for six months and I promised her I would take her to the open top buss parade tonight, Ahh well, nevermind..

You can take her shopping in Liverpool One instead ? :)

• Like 1

Tough to watch the second half sad.png

Looked like we all but collapsed to be honest after they equalised... Fair play to them they turned up second half and tactically they had a good plan to play long which was a good way around our pressing and that looked to frustrate us. They also looked a much more physical side than I expected !

Stupid individual mistakes in defence cost us yet again but along with a bit of misfortune at key moments. I thought the Ref was awful (how many handballs did he miss?) I haven't had chance to watch the highlights but one looked a stone wall penalty at first viewing.

Oh well, really frustrating given they way we got to the final with some incredible performances along the way - i thought we would get this one.

The younger lads such as Emre Can will hopefully learn from the loss and with any luck will get to a few more finals in the coming seasons. Seems we are getting our transfer business done early and if we can keep the momentum and belief that Klopp has clearly injected into the club we will hopefully have a good season.

• Like 1

What a shame, for me felt the game started to change with the disallowed goal, had sturridge been as awake as seville 2- 0 @ going into half time,,, different story,, i'm hesitant to say the defence fell to sleep for the Seville first,, cos their technique and quickness both of foot and thought got them the goal, but the fact was it was ?? Secs into the game,, exactly the opposite of what was needed. Then there didn't seem to be any threat up front until benteke came on and by then it was almost to late sturridge had dropping 2 deep and didn't pose ANY threat, can't remember the keeper making a save in the second half.

Not so sure about this team punching above its weight football tends to reflect what's deserved and this season you've been a traditional 'cup team' put some wonderful performances in but inconsistency has dogged you and like spurs inexperience showed when experience was most needed.

Still on the bright side looks like all totally behind klopp and the basis of a bloody good team is in place with a few tweeks you'll be competative next year.

Oh 2 things, interesting Seville hadn't won an away game in la lge. And no need for video replay, as per 95% plus decisions the ref got all right.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought the referee had a good game and all goals were correctly given, Sturridge definitely offside and interfering for Liverpool's disallowed goal. Klopp has been positive since he arrived, but he's biding his time cos he has to work with what he has. I think he will get rid of a few but not as many as some people think. He will definitely already have someone in mind who he wants to bring in. I think Liverpool will do better next season.

what a <deleted> moron Sakho is, he's completely <deleted> us.

Might need to buy a bar of soap Bob (or a mouthwash)biggrin.png

Unless of course UEFA are just bending over for the frogs...given their injuriesthumbsup.gif

what a <deleted> moron Sakho is, he's completely <deleted> us.

Might need to buy a bar of soap Bob (or a mouthwash)biggrin.png

Unless of course UEFA are just bending over for the frogs...given their injuriesthumbsup.gif

biggrin.png couldn't believe it...dodgy and fishy as &lt;deleted&gt;. Why would he just accept the ban, and not appeal if it wasn't a banned substance and how the frig could UEFA get it wrong...dodgy and fishy as &lt;deleted&gt; wills

bloody farcical. hope he gets to play at the euros now.

Mamadou Sakho - UEFA decision raises key questions
16:58, 28 MAY 2016 UPDATED 17:24, 28 MAY 2016 BY JOE RIMMER
Liverpool fans have long had an uneasy relationship with UEFA.
And today Reds were openly questioning European football’s governing body after they opted not to extend Mamadou Sakho’s initial ban for doping - and instead investigate whether the substance for which he was charged should even be included on the World Anti Doping Agency’s (WADA) banned list.
The defender is believed to have received the news on Friday evening, while he was on holiday with his family in the Maldives. He will now jet in to Paris on Sunday night.
The 26-year-old has continued to train twice a day and could end up making an unlikely appearance at this summer’s European Championships in his home country, that is if Didier Deschamps decides to include him in his 23-man squad - a situation which seemed unthinkable after the defender was initially charged.
Indeed, as Reds fans were bracing themselves for a one or even two year ban, instead Sakho could be back in action far sooner than expected.
And seeing him in action for his country could rub salt in wounds still fresh from the Europa League final defeat to Sevilla.
Reds fans have questioned Europe's governing body after they decided Sakho's initial ban would not be extended
Was Sakho’s initial ban legit? And if not, why was it allowed?
Eyebrows were raised when Sakho declined to submit a B-Sample to UEFA after the initial charge was raised. Instead, Sakho held his hands up. He had taken the substance, believed to be fat burners, no question. But he had always maintained he hadn’t known that they had contained banned substances - and his defence seemingly found scientific evidence to suggest that they should not even be on the WADA banned list.
If they are proven correct, UEFA could have big questions to answer, as could WADA, and Sakho could perhaps choose to take his defence and go on the attack.
What happens if UEFA decide that the substance WAS on the banned list? Can they return to ban him further?
If UEFA were confident that Sakho was guilty then it would seem strange that they would be happy to allow him to return to action - especially at a showpiece European Championships in his own country.
But technically Sakho could still find himself in hot water further down the line.
UEFA could, in theory, decide that the substance does warrant being on the WADA list - and therefore continue with disciplinary processes against Sakho.
How can a player fail a drugs test, if the substance is not on the banned list?
The substance WAS on the banned list - but Sakho’s defence may have found scientific evidence that it should not be included. UEFA will investigate and make a decision in due course.
Why did Liverpool not contest the charge more vociferously at the time, if this has been Sakho’s defence all along?
The charge was personal to the player, so Liverpool have simply refused to comment until the process is over - and that may not be for some time.
Perhaps Liverpool’s hierarchy decided that it was their best course of action - especially when the club so publicly backed Luis Suarez during the racism case with Patrice Evra, only for Suarez to be found guilty and handed a ban.
Liverpool were criticised for their handling of that case, so it would seem natural that they would chose to keep their counsel until the outcome of this one.
Can the club take any legal action if it is found that Sakho was banned prematurely or unfairly?
Now THAT is the million dollar question.
Who knows what Sakho’s ban cost the club? A European trophy? Perhaps. Several million in earnings for their Premier League placing? Possibly.
Fans will quite rightly speculate as to what Sakho’s ban could have cost the club - but what about what it has cost the man? Plenty of sleep for sure.
After all, the drugs charge will, guilty or not, hang over Sakho for the rest of his career. Rival fans will not let him forget what has happened. Potential suitors could be put off in future.
He will have worried for his career, his reputation and his future.
In truth, it’s impossible to speculate over what Sakho will do if he is found innocent. He may want to draw a line under the affair.
But if not, it could end up being a very uncomfortable situation for UEFA.

• 2 weeks later...

Klopp apparently watched Arg vs Chi with Higuain's brother/agent (not confirmed) but he did leave the game 2 mins after GH was subbed. Promising...until Ayre ballses up the negotiations anyway!thumbsup.gif

CkVFblOUYAAUbWe.jpg

Edited by wilai

Klopp apparently watched Arg vs Chi with Higuain's brother/agent (not confirmed) but he did leave the game 2 mins after GH was subbed. Promising...until Ayre ballses up the negotiations anyway!thumbsup.gif

CkVFblOUYAAUbWe.jpg

I'd be over the moon if we can pull that signing off.