Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

5-0 win at Fleetwood. Goals from Grujic, Woodburn. Firmino(2) and Lucas (honest!) with the goals...Grujic the standout 1st half. Woodburn and Kent in the 2nd.biggrin.png

That Grujic lad look great, I know it was Fleetwood but all the same I'm liking the new signings already.

he is a bloody big unit isn't he? and looks like he can play too. hope he settles into the league quickly.

Might need him at Centre Back the way things are going. Achilles problem has hit Gomez as well as Sakho!sad.png

yeah gutted for gomez man. maybe we recall caulker?

Wigan 0-2 LFC...Ings and Woodburn with the goals. Ejaria, Coutinho, Woodburn and Matip the stand outs. Still only 16, Woodburn already looks a gem. On the downside, Matip went off injured towards the end....and Karius did his first Mignolet impressionbah.gif

Wigan 0-2 LFC...Ings and Woodburn with the goals. Ejaria, Coutinho, Woodburn and Matip the stand outs. Still only 16, Woodburn already looks a gem. On the downside, Matip went off injured towards the end....and Karius did his first Mignolet impressionbah.gif

I was watching but not watching, hard to tear away from The Open, unbelievable round that blink.png

• Like 1

Might need him at Centre Back the way things are going. Achilles problem has hit Gomez as well as Sakho!sad.png

he is a bloody big unit isn't he? and looks like he can play too. hope he settles into the league quickly.

absolutely gutted, was really looking forward to seeing him get his chance. Hopefully Matip is not serious but it certainly confirms we need decent CH not just a temp.

looks a dead ringer for a young michael owen that woodburn. what a cool finish that was.

• Like 1

absolutely gutted, was really looking forward to seeing him get his chance. Hopefully Matip is not serious but it certainly confirms we need decent CH not just a temp.

Looks like we've picked up a guy from Augsburg, Ragnar Klavan. Experienced CB who also plays LB. Apparently knocked the Tricky Blues back last year.smile.png

• Like 1

Very surprised Liverpool let Jordan Ibe go. This lad looked a real weapon.

Me too, but I used to get frustrated with the end product of his runs sometimes. I think he will develope and we will regret the sale.

What's happened with Benteke???

i reckon he's off one way or another. Doesn't seem to fit in with Klopp's plans does he. it'll be interesting to see where he goes and how much Liverpool will get back for him.

Me too, but I used to get frustrated with the end product of his runs sometimes. I think he will develope and we will regret the sale.

There are buy back and sell on clauses included in the dealsmile.pngthumbsup.gif

got ability but his decision making is rubbish and shows no sign of improving any time soon. he might do alright for bournemouth but i don't think he'd have added much to us this season and he'd have just been frustrating again.

got ability but his decision making is rubbish and shows no sign of improving any time soon. he might do alright for bournemouth but i don't think he'd have added much to us this season and he'd have just been frustrating again.

You could be talking about Andros Townsend too.

yeah, true. i'm sure ibe will be a real threat for bournemouth against certain sides but against better teams i don't think he's really shown the nouse to work teams out. sterling has a far better football brain for example and even he's floundering at city, though not playing week in week out probably hasn't helped him.

if the choice is ibe in our squad or wijnaldum in to replace him for about the same money i'll go with the latter every time.

i reckon he's off one way or another. Doesn't seem to fit in with Klopp's plans does he. it'll be interesting to see where he goes and how much Liverpool will get back for him.

They need to get rid of him to get some cash asap to use again. Otherwise they need to think about the supply route they are going to use to him. I said when we bought him he could be a great weapon to change a game, but he needs supply; and he has never really had that.

I think he would be better off at West ham

They need to get rid of him to get some cash asap to use again. Otherwise they need to think about the supply route they are going to use to him. I said when we bought him he could be a great weapon to change a game, but he needs supply; and he has never really had that.

One season wonder club really....but to be fair its your manager's first summer....lot of work needed clearly.

yeah, true. i'm sure ibe will be a real threat for bournemouth against certain sides but against better teams i don't think he's really shown the nouse to work teams out. sterling has a far better football brain for example and even he's floundering at city, though not playing week in week out probably hasn't helped him.

if the choice is ibe in our squad or wijnaldum in to replace him for about the same money i'll go with the latter every time.

Good points. As you say, if the football brain isn't there its just not going to happen.

Sadio Mane was bought as winger and I think Wijnaldum would play on the other flank, so that could be the supply route you are talking about.

Personally I think and hope he is off, but I don't know why LFC would hesitate with Palace if they were desperate to get rid.

Sadio Mane was bought as winger and I think Wijnaldum would play on the other flank, so that could be the supply route you are talking about.

Personally I think and hope he is off, but I don't know why LFC would hesitate with Palace if they were desperate to get rid.

I love it when posters put players in their team that they haven't even bought laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

And if the reported offer was true, it is wayyy more than I expected

for benteke? it's normal this summer with the new TV money. £30m is the new £20m overnight really.

for benteke? it's normal this summer with the new TV money. £30m is the new £20m overnight really.

As per my point on the page prior. It'll be interesting to see what you get back for him. Never personally saw him as a good fit but regardless he hasn't been a success yet in these weird times Liverpool could break even to the tune of 30m on a bit of a flop. Wouldn't that be a coup.

As per my point on the page prior. It'll be interesting to see what you get back for him. Never personally saw him as a good fit but regardless he hasn't been a success yet in these weird times Liverpool could break even to the tune of 30m on a bit of a flop. Wouldn't that be a coup.

it's a bit of a false economy because of the new TV money, but i'll take it. i.e. if we were trying to sign him from villa this summer with the new money in place we'd probably have to pay upwards of £40m or something - they're talking about £65m for lukaku this summer etc and £30m gets man united a centre back who has played only 40 matches in la liga. guess £30m just isn't what it used to be.

I love it when posters put players in their team that they haven't even bought laugh.png

As much as you love hot dogs through the backdoor? giggle.gif