Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Starting XI v Hertha:  Mignolet; Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno. Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho(C), Origi

Subs:   Grabara, Robertson, Lovren, Flanagan, Ejaria, Henderson, Firmino, Solanke, Sturridge, Salah, Kent.

Buzzing after that match, options, young lads coming back, new signings looking the business. You have to give it to Klopp, aside Klavan, which to be fair was a given last man standing signing, the rest are and do look bang on.

Robertson looked better than Moreno after 2 minutes. 

My boy Gomez is looking like the lad we could see as being a monster at the back.

Coutinho & Salah is looking like Lennon & McCartney 

A fully fit Studge 

And why or why is Solanke a Liverpool player, Chelsea?

Let's hope we can get a few more quality lads over the line before the "transfer window slams shut" we will be good to go!

• Like 1

I note the silence here amongst a lot of fans probably scratching their heads and wondering <deleted> is going on.

Huddersfield have spent 40 million, Everton have spent 90 and we have spent 46. Citeh have spent 210.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/0/much-has-premier-league-club-spent-2017-summer-transfer-window/kyle-walker/

No time to be getting excited with what we have got and instead we should be questioning when we are going to capture some top targets.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I sometimes wonder if R2D2 really is a red scouse fan.

Been awful this transfer window a lot of hot air and the same moans will come out if we do not splash at least 100 million before window closes and we're leaving it a bit late too. Do you really believe mbappe is on our radar I don't even read those reports seems like rubbish. This keita lad and VVD and we will be set but it does not feel like any will happen.

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Been awful this transfer window a lot of hot air and the same moans will come out if we do not splash at least 100 million before window closes and we're leaving it a bit late too. Do you really believe mbappe is on our radar I don't even read those reports seems like rubbish. This keita lad and VVD and we will be set but it does not feel like any will happen.

I think your money men are baulking at the prices same as Levy is.

I don't blame them.

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I think your money men are baulking at the prices same as Levy is.

I don't blame them.

We bid 66M for a 22 year old with one top flight season under his belt and they paid something like 12M for him 12 months ago

And I expect a similar fee will be agreed for VVD.

So that's upwards or 165 M they were willing to spend, just on 3 players.

I don't think the trepidation is as severe as Levy's, but he certainly has justification for it, and you have a good team,  Spurs don't need to go out and spend too much they just need to improve a bit.

From our side, I think it has just been massively miss-managed by the negotiating suits. Giving a statistician one of the most important jobs at one of the biggest clubs in the world that he has no background in looks to me like a massive <deleted> up. We do not negotiate well, or in a proper manner and just piss everyone off with deal with. Both VVD & Kieta would be wearing Red now if it was done swiftly, discreetly and with a succinct strategy. 

In addition to that, Klopp is so stubborn he will not settle for a second best, if the shoe doesn't fit he'll do with what he has. I just hope that includes an alternative CB, winger and CM.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We bid 66M for a 22 year old with one top flight season under his belt and they paid something like 12M for him 12 months ago

And I expect a similar fee will be agreed for VVD.

So that's upwards or 165 M they were willing to spend, just on 3 players.

I don't think the trepidation is as severe as Levy's, but he certainly has justification for it, and you have a good team,  Spurs don't need to go out and spend too much they just need to improve a bit.

From our side, I think it has just been massively miss-managed by the negotiating suits. Giving a statistician one of the most important jobs at one of the biggest clubs in the world that he has no background in looks to me like a massive <deleted> up. We do not negotiate well, or in a proper manner and just piss everyone off with deal with. Both VVD & Kieta would be wearing Red now if it was done swiftly, discreetly and with a succinct strategy. 

In addition to that, Klopp is so stubborn he will not settle for a second best, if the shoe doesn't fit he'll do with what he has. I just hope that includes an alternative CB, winger and CM.

Still time for deals to be done Bob.

For us I'd love to see Mahrez come in as I feel he would offer a different dimension to our attack but he is a lazy player so unlikely.

I hope to hell we don't end up with Barkley who is the next Bentley imho.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie, you've a decent 11 but average subs bench. Example, reckon you'll have problems if you have to rely on Davies while Rose is out; he lacks pace. You need to bring a few in to strengthen than bench and add competition for places.

BB, what's the story on the striker front? Your looking lighter than light?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie, you've a decent 11 but average subs bench. Example, reckon you'll have problems if you have to rely on Davies while Rose is out; he lacks pace. You need to bring a few in to strengthen than bench and add competition for places.

I agree with this.

I'm sure the club is looking to bring in a couple who can make an impact at least as subs since we lack that type of player when injuries hit.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I agree with this.

I'm sure the club is looking to bring in a couple who can make an impact at least as subs since we lack that type of player when injuries hit.

sounds familiar 

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You will probably notice a few more youngsters this season.

Last night a 19 year old treated Frank Ribery like his bitch. A 17 year old put through a sublime pass for DS goal and another 19 year old laid off a perfect pass for another 19 year old to score against FCB (a friendly I know, but still mentally for a kid it's huge).

All four of those lads will be getting a lot more game time this season and they are exciting to watch. TAA, Grujic, Woodburn and Kent. 

i've got really high hopes for grujic. and trent looks like he's going to be a cracking player.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^ A dig at City, who have been playing with up to 7 kids per game in the USA?

7 kids per game. Hoping he is bedding that 200m worth of signings in or do you think him and txiki are already laying the foundations for a poor return on the 200m and will rely on "needs time" the same way he used "still learning" last season...

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

7 kids per game. Hoping he is bedding that 200m worth of signings in or do you think him and txiki are already laying the foundations for a poor return on the 200m and will rely on "needs time" the same way he used "still learning" last season...

Don't over elaborate R2D2. I think like Pep, if they are good enough they will play. Simple.

Couts and Salah given the night off.

Starting XI:  Ward, Flanagan, Gomez, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Woodburn, Mane, Solanke

subs: Karius, Mignolet, Firmino, Origi, Henderson, Grujic, Robertson, Matip, Kent, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold.

11 hours ago, wilai said:

Couts and Salah given the night off.

Starting XI:  Ward, Flanagan, Gomez, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Woodburn, Mane, Solanke

subs: Karius, Mignolet, Firmino, Origi, Henderson, Grujic, Robertson, Matip, Kent, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold.

I couldn't believe how in to it Simeone was, yet his team played that typical boring here to win not play football strategy, bunch dirty bastards too.

Really liking the look of Grujic last night, Ryan Kent again and after watching proper left footed lads playing left-back, it made me realise Milner probably wasn't the best idea for 12 months. He looked well out of place last night.