Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

gets passed around a lot, I think it is Klopp's easing of Henderson out the squad. Can was the longest serving player in the team last night, hence the honor. devaluing the "captain" ethos will make it easier to sell Henderson. 

Thats very interesting because i've been thinking that Henderson hasn't been good enough for this side for a while now.

Maybe i'm just old fashioned but i wouldn't give the honor to a player in his current circumstances.  

Anyway chaps, looking forward to our game in the near future with absolutely no idea at all what the outcome might be, only its great importance to us both!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

One of the greatest comedians to ever live....I still watch Larry Sanders...my missus doesn't get it..annoys me...the subtltites....the concept paved the way and inspired so many

it's the reason anybody has heard of ricky gervais.

• Like 1

Knew that 142m was burning a hole in JK's pocket.....just splashed out 200,000 on another Scottish LB:smile:

18 year old from Falkirk named Tony Gallagher. Scottish Youth International. Man U and (allegedly) Barca were also interested. Good to see we can out-bid the big boys when we feel like it!:thumbsup:

Edited by wilai
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, StevieH said:

i hate mignolet. there haven't been too many liverpool players i've ever said that about but i actively despise this lad.

and i really don't understand what the manager is thinking at all continuing to play him. 

Don,t blame the keeper....there are ten others in front of him....:whistling:

looks like another trophyless season for your lot...:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Don,t blame the keeper....there are ten others in front of him....:whistling:

looks like another trophyless season for your lot...:thumbsup:

you obviously don't watch Liverpool much, Mignolet is the worst keeper in the league

Mignolet and t'other one are Liverpool's weak link, not just in their own ability but a goalkeeper's ability spreads confidence or lack of confidence through teammates and supporters - anybody who watches City when Ederson or Bravo play will now which is which extreme. Get a decent keeper and Liverpool are challengers for all competitions (ps. there's a decent young one at Burnl).

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mignolet and t'other one are Liverpool's weak link, not just in their own ability but a goalkeeper's ability spreads confidence or lack of confidence through teammates and supporters - anybody who watches City when Ederson or Bravo play will now which is which extreme. Get a decent keeper and Liverpool are challengers for all competitions (ps. there's a decent young one at Burnl).

They are both shiiiite, and rotating them seems to make them even shiiiiiter.

There will be a new keeper in the summer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nev said:

Needs to spend big on a new central defender before the window closes, also no creativity only a load of fast men running around quickly that will only get you so far.

In the top 4 and last 16 of the CL.  Second highest goal tally in the league, and in any other season we'd be closer points wise to the top team. We are the only team to beat City. You can't achieve that without creativity, we have it. We've just had a couple of horrendous matches. 

I do agree that we could do with another quality attacker this window, seeing as we decided to sell one of the best in the world.

Alas the Master planner will most likely not do anything until the summer. This summer should be the final piece in his jigsaw, all his targets will be in. This is the way he works, he needs exact player, not a substitute. Frustrating as a fan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Disappointed but maybe this winless rum has come at a very good time if we can make something else happen in the transfer market. Been a strong period since that spurs loss so hopefully JK will stop the rot and mix it up a bit.

Seems mental that no one is coming in. Rumoured that there still is, but how likely that is, who knows.

Can see why FSG brought Klopp in, he's not arsed with spending...

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Seems mental that no one is coming in. Rumoured that there still is, but how likely that is, who knows.

Maybe he is but doesn't want to create concerns within his squad?  But yes, the likes of Klopp and Pochettino for that matter are just what the FSG's of this sport are looking forward.

They are short-sighted and i believe disinterested because even a halfwit can see that with a couple of quality buys that would balance your defense with the attack theres a formidible side in the making.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

don't think there's any way we sign anyone else this window. it's the FSG model.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Maybe he is but doesn't want to create concerns within his squad?  But yes, the likes of Klopp and Pochettino for that matter are just what the FSG's of this sport are looking forward.

They are short-sighted and i believe disinterested because even a halfwit can see that with a couple of quality buys that would balance your defense with the attack theres a formidible side in the making.

We always seem to almost get there, and then almost is good enough. After we qualified for the CL in 2014, they brought in Balotelli and Rickie Lambert to take on Europe's best. 

Klopp is definitely all for squad harmony and belief in what he has in his hands. He gives the players 12 months, whoever he goes with at the start of the season, he backs them until the summer. Again perfect for FSG. 

I'm of the opinion that Klopp does have full control now though. FSG don't like bad press, `I reckon they would have spent some money on an attacker to avoid the current distress about not "replacing" Coutinho now!