Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Was a top win just a bit gutted about the 2 goals at the end. "Mate in UK" killed it with the score predictors but I'd have preferred a clean sheet and maybe 1 more goal.

Very confident we will  score in Rome though.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What a win....Liverpool are the finest attacking side I've seen in years.3

Steady on mate!!  Before you know Pep Guardiola will be calling them the "Mo Salah team"........not that he's a bad loser and all that.

• Haha 2

^Salah has played nearly every game (47 out of 51). It would be interesting though wouldn't it to see how that liverpool team got on over an extended period if Salah was out. Pep or anybody else wouldn't be far wrong if they called Liverpool the 'Mo Salah team' as he is the focal point of their success this season.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Pep or anybody else would be wrong as you should be asking the question about Bobby Firmino, not Salah.

Amazingly crass observation by BB.  So off the mark as it is possible to be.  As you say Firmino has been superb, unlucky not to be in the PL team of the season, Mane has played great and all this after Coutinho was sold!  What BB is missing is that this Liverpool team has a good balance to it, and played to their strengths.  Defensive problem still exist but improving.

Might as well ask the question;  how good would Madrid be with Ronaldo, Barca without Messi, Chelsea without Hazard, United without De Gea:smile: its just a stupid flawed argument.  Any team in the world would be somewhat weakened by losing their best player but its all about how you adapt without them.  (Spurs for example have been given zero credit for adapting very well in Kane's absence purely because people "choose" to believe we didn't adapt)

Another question btw; how good would City be without arab oil money? Sounds like a fair question to me.  

(Note to BB;  you are out of the CL, get over it.  Go and spend another 450m and get Pep to his status of being a 1billion pound spender.)

Oh forgot, when Pep made that comment about us and Kane he just sounded like a childish prick that hadn't done his homework!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Pep or anybody else would be wrong as you should be asking the question about Bobby Firmino, not Salah.

our front 3 have scored 88 goals between them. some one-man team that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Firmino has( i.m.o). improved out of sight this season,  Trigg is just spewing out ,one after another  hyophetical  Boring posts on this Footy Forum  since  L/POOL flogged  M/city in the C/L , in fact they are all still shell shocked ,by that massacre,just read between the lines of their posts, cannot  even be gracious in defeat by a better team over two legs ,had they are shot birds, poor lost souls,

• Like 1

problem with sturridge has never been that he isn't good enough, he's always been a terrifically talented footballer and natural goalscorer. unfortunately the poor lad can't run any more.

and don't think origi is anywhere near the standard for us. he'll be sold this summer.

• Like 1

Just now, owl sees all said:

I'd like to see Origi come back and Sturridge stay away; just not good enough for Liverpool in this golden era.

Its not a golden era yet.  That is unless three months qualifies as an era.  What Liverpool are at present is  extremely good with the potential to win the CL.  Klopp is capable of creating a golden era but before that happens a certain Mr Henry needs to stand up and be counted to strengthen the squad with more depth in quality

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Steady on mate!!  Before you know Pep Guardiola will be calling them the "Mo Salah team"........

Mmmm. You're the one who brought it up, so you must be thinking it. Then you try to put it in people's minds that Pep might say it. Tricky Carms, tricky indeed

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mmmm. You're the one who brought it up, so you must be thinking it. Then you try to put it in people's minds that Pep might say it. Tricky Carms, tricky indeed

you saying bredbury blue is really quite that weak-minded and easily influenced, boj? :smile:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Actually, i really don't think that Pep was called out enough for disrespecting Pochettino by behaving like such a prick.  Hope that explains.

Don't think Pep would have liked being referred to as the bottle job team after your CL exit.  You were not though, perhaps its because others are less arrogant and more respectful?

Edited by carmine

11 minutes ago, StevieH said:

problem with sturridge has never been that he isn't good enough, he's always been a terrifically talented footballer and natural goalscorer. unfortunately the poor lad can't run any more.

and don't think origi is anywhere near the standard for us. he'll be sold this summer.

All Prem' players are 'talented' but Sturridge has fallen short of the mark where ever he has gone; what is it 8 clubs! Liverpool are kicking on and will be in the mix as winners of Prem' next season.

Origi is very hot/cold for me, but I'd like to see him back in this fabulous Red's team for next season. I reckon you could be right though about him being transferred out.

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

All Prem' players are 'talented' but Sturridge has fallen short of the mark where ever he has gone; what is it 8 clubs! Liverpool are kicking on and will be in the mix as winners of Prem' next season.

Origi is very hot/cold for me, but I'd like to see him back in this fabulous Red's team for next season. I reckon you could be right though about him being transferred out.

nah nonsense about sturridge mate. 2013/14 he was about as good a striker as there was anywhere in the world, he's a naturally gifted goalscorer and technician. there's never been any doubt at all about his ability and talent, except from people who are just wrong about loads of stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, StevieH said:

nah nonsense about sturridge mate. 2013/14 he was about as good a striker as there was anywhere in the world, he's a naturally gifted goalscorer and technician. there's never been any doubt at all about his ability and talent, except from people who are just wrong about loads of stuff.

Back for Liverpool next season then Stevie? Of course not!

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Back for Liverpool next season then Stevie? Of course not!

no of course not. he's made of glass. but it's a fitness and availability thing rather than ability with danny. feel sorry for him, he just can't stay fit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Salah has played nearly every game (47 out of 51). It would be interesting though wouldn't it to see how that liverpool team got on over an extended period if Salah was out. Pep or anybody else wouldn't be far wrong if they called Liverpool the 'Mo Salah team' as he is the focal point of their success this season.

1. See the usual ‘vultures’ are massing around my posts. I’m usually willing to take Bob’s comments as balanced and sometimes Stevie’s, but if I post “black” then Carmine and E/S HAVE TO post “white” (Wilai I ignore).

So here’s the stats:

• Salah: Premier Played 33 / Goals 31…All games Played 47 / Goals 43
  • Firmino: 34 / 15…48 / 27
  • Mane: 27 / 10…40 / 18
  • Front 3: Premier goals = 56, All goals = 88.
  • Liverpool: Premier goals = 80, All goals = 128

In the Premier Salah has scored 55% ( 31 / 56 ) of Liverpool’s front 3’s goals – FIFTY-FIVE PERCENT!  In all games this season Salah has scored 34% ( 43 / 128 ) of Liverpool’s goals – ONE IN THREE. You can see the importance of Salah to Liverpool. So I repeat my HYPOTHETICAL point that “It would be interesting though wouldn't it to see how that liverpool team got on over an extended period if Salah was out”. Can you imagine if say he’d missed 10 Premier games or the CL games after the group games.  I don't doubt that Firmino also has a major influence but the comment (by Carmine?) was about Salah and not about Firmino.

2. As for Sturridge, very talented player, NOBODY at City wanted him to move on (to Chelsea). Great shame he is permanently injured.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. See the usual ‘vultures’ are massing around my posts. I’m usually willing to take Bob’s comments as balanced and sometimes Stevie’s, but if I post “black” then Carmine and E/S HAVE TO post “white” (Wilai I ignore).

So here’s the stats:

In the Premier Salah has scored 55% ( 31 / 56 ) of Liverpool’s front 3’s goals – FIFTY-FIVE PERCENT!  In all games this season Salah has scored 34% ( 43 / 128 ) of Liverpool’s goals – ONE IN THREE. You can see the importance of Salah to Liverpool. So I repeat my HYPOTHETICAL point that “It would be interesting though wouldn't it to see how that liverpool team got on over an extended period if Salah was out”. Can you imagine if say he’d missed 10 Premier games or the CL games after the group games.  I don't doubt that Firmino also has a major influence but the comment (by Carmine?) was about Salah and not about Firmino.

2. As for Sturridge, very talented player, NOBODY at City wanted him to move on (to Chelsea). Great shame he is permanently injured.

Thought this worth a reply.  Stop talking nonsense.  Hypothetical or not.

Do you think hypothetically that Liverpool have worked out City and would do you again over two legs?  Hypothetically, that is

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Golden era? Steady on there.... they aint won owt yet.

...and their defense is (still) kack.

Not kack, improved, markedly,  but still vulnerable.  You'd still fancy yourselves to score against them but its more about how many you concede.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

The humble beginnings of a golden era then NL. Great attacking teams often have defensive frailties. But as Danny said "If you score more goals than you let in; you might win more games than you lose."

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So here’s the stats:

haha, have a day off lad. you just went the long way round to say "team's best goalscorer scores most goals for them", which is literally applicable to every team.

it isn't that long ago certain whoppers were saying we were a one-man team in philippe coutinho and we sold him in january.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thought this worth a reply.  Stop talking nonsense.  Hypothetical or not.

Do you think hypothetically that Liverpool have worked out City and would do you again over two legs?  Hypothetically, that is

Post that on the City thread and I'll gladly answer it.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

15 clean sheets, second most in EPL

10 clean sheets most in UCL 

Best defensive record in the EPL since VvD signed. 

15 goals to 3 goals against Porto - City and Roma in the knock out stages of UCL 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

15 clean sheets, second most in EPL

10 clean sheets most in UCL 

Best defensive record in the EPL since VvD signed. 

15 goals to 3 goals against Porto - City and Roma in the knock out stages of UCL 

pah, you can prove anything with facts.

• Haha 2