Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, champers said:

BBC report that Liverpool have signed Fabinho from Monaco for £39 million plus £4 in add ons; that is one under the radar.

He is a defensive midfielder seen as a direct replacement for Can. He did not make Brazil's WC squad; Casemiro, Fred, Fernandinho and Paulinho all picked ahead of him.

Good news...means he gets a full pre-season as does Keita:biggrin:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Why bother coming here and writing that, it’s not like we don’t hear news. 

Why didn’t you bother posting on the United thread about your manager being hounded off Instagram by “fans” after you lost the FA Cup final. 

I think your last post referenced Hillsborough and Heysel. 

Sad <deleted> 

I really don't think he sees where he goes wrong.   Hence i wouldn't bother Bob. I remember the Hillsborough reference which was bang out of order.  But, apparently,  what he posts is fine.... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

So anything in the news can't go up on here? Well that's something I've learnt.

Scousers playing the victim card yet AGAIN. Delighted they lost.

"Victim card". Well there's nothing like regurgitating a cheap, inaccurate, snide cliche to make a thicko feel clever.

Sorry for lowering the tone on your thread reds, I do try not to. Honest.

and he's replied already, bless him.

Edited by rott
Felt like it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rott said:

"Victim card". Well there's nothing like regurgitating a cheap, inaccurate, snide cliche to make a thicko feel clever.

But it's not inaccurate at all is it, so who's the 'thicko' Now off you trot.

Always the victims, it's never their fault.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

But it's not inaccurate at all is it, so who's the 'thicko' Now off you trot.

Always the victims, it's never their fault.

These happy hours start early in Pattaya!!?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Reports suggest Liverpool trying to buy the keeper Allison.  from Roma.  Who knows,  but wouldn't the lad from Stoke be more realistic and a lot cheaper?

I think that might have been the idea last week, Butland in. Saturday changed that. 

89M for a keeper but if he stays for 5 years+?

We need a world class keeper if we are going to be serious about challenging, and like most Liverpool fans want an Alisson type to do the job

Edited by BangrakBob

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So now the dust has settled what did you think about the game then?

R2D2 did you get to watch it?

Fair result?

We lost our star man early, it changed the game for Liverpool. 

Our keeper threw the ball in our net twice. 

Not much else to say. 

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We lost our star man early, it changed the game for Liverpool. 

Our keeper threw the ball in our net twice. 

Not much else to say. 

Losing Salah early was the game changer imo, not the keeper.  Up until then Liverpool were more than holding their own.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Thanks to Man U #Twitter for all those compilation vids posted recently....Looks a quality player:thumbsup:

He has the same agent as Mourinho?

Edited by BangrakBob

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

Reports suggest Liverpool trying to buy the keeper Allison.  from Roma.  Who knows,  but wouldn't the lad from Stoke be more realistic and a lot cheaper?

Communication is key. If Allison has a basic grasp of English sign him up. Butland has a bit of a bum rap now based on playing in an all round poor Stoke team. He would be better at Anfield.

I see you have also been linked to AC Milan's Donnarumma. Based on his 2 games against Arsenal, I would leave well alone for now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

Losing Salah early was the game changer imo, not the keeper.  Up until then Liverpool were more than holding their own.  

Losing Salah was immense. Karius imploding put the nail in the coffin.

7 minutes ago, champers said:

Communication is key. If Allison has a basic grasp of English sign him up. Butland has a bit of a bum rap now based on playing in an all round poor Stoke team. He would be better at Anfield.

I see you have also been linked to AC Milan's Donnarumma. Based on his 2 games against Arsenal, I would leave well alone for now.

Butland doesn't inspire much confidence in my book. The English keepers, in general, are rubbish. Being near the top of that heap is nothing to get excited about.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Butland doesn't inspire much confidence in my book. The English keepers, in general, are rubbish. Being near the top of that heap is nothing to get excited about.

De Gea is the best keeper there is by a mile. In his first couple of seasons there were many doubters but Fergie stuck with him, taking a long term view. Can teams afford to develop a keeper now or must they have the finished article?

I wonder why Danny Ward hasn't come on after his promotion season at Huddersfield?

FWIW I rate Nick Pope at Burnley.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

De Gea is the best keeper there is by a mile. In his first couple of seasons there were many doubters but Fergie stuck with him, taking a long term view. Can teams afford to develop a keeper now or must they have the finished article?

I wonder why Danny Ward hasn't come on after his promotion season at Huddersfield?

FWIW I rate Nick Pope at Burnley.

If you want to compete for the league or major trophies you best have the finished article. No evidence other than what happened to Liverpool needed. Liverpool had success this season despite their keeper situation, not because of it.

I rate Pope as well and Pickford is OK, but if I were serious about finishing top 4 I don't know if I'd put much trust in either of them. Neither is top, top quality.

I see where Atletico Madrid is going to increase Oblak's release clause to $200m.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Incredible, now I’ve just read a Duncan Castles article saying the lad met Klopp and told Jorge to cease all conversations with United, City and PSG.

Imagine Fabinho, Fekir and Kieta behind our front 3. 

amazing this one isn't it? can't remember the last proper "swoop" we did without all the online ITK bellends knowing all about it beforehand. looks a bloody handy player too and exactly what we've been lacking in that role. 

also, since you're mentioning him, that duncan castles is an absolute grade-a whopper isn't he? hard to fathom how he looks himself in the mirror of a morning given the nonsense he spouts. i know from a couple of journo mates that he's a laughing stock in the industry amongst his peers.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Typical 'Poo supporters.

getting to a european cup final really does bring the cowardly bellends and gobsh*tes out of the woodwork doesn't it?

for every idiot who anonymously typed a "death threat" from behind their keyboard while lamenting their continuing lack of personality, friends and penis size, i'll guarantee there were a few thousand prepared to support karius and hope he isn't too traumatised by what happened. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Best goal in a European  cup final? I'd  be very surprised if it was. Overhead kicks go in and look great: miss and look funny.

People  don't  seriously  believe  Ramos intended to inflict injury on Salah do they? Looked to me that Salah hooked arms first and it was just unfortunate the way they locked arms and he landed.

Good opening 15 minutes from Liverpool without threatening. Second half was Real's.

Crazy throw out by Karius - not sure what he then appealed for.

Bale's 2nd will go down as one of the worst goalkeeping errors - been better if kept his hands away and took it full in his face/chest.

Thought Mane was very decent; no one else stood out for me.

Enjoyed watching Modric. Bale turned the game, not Salah going off.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Best goal in a European  cup final? I'd  be very surprised if it was. Overhead kicks go in and look great: miss and look funny.

People  don't  seriously  believe  Ramos intended to inflict injury on Salah do they? Looked to me that Salah hooked arms first and it was just unfortunate the way they locked arms and he landed.

Good opening 15 minutes from Liverpool without threatening. Second half was Real's.

Crazy throw out by Karius - not sure what he then appealed for.

Bale's 2nd will go down as one of the worst goalkeeping errors - been better if kept his hands away and took it full in his face/chest.

Thought Mane was very decent; no one else stood out for me.

Enjoyed watching Modric. Bale turned the game, not Salah going off.

kind of the point though isn't it - it did go in. he managed to hit it so perfectly it even had spin on it so it dipped under the crossbar. quite an incredible goal and a real one in a million.

and if you don't believe ramos knew what he was doing and it was intentional, you just haven't watched him play enough. he even had form for the same thing: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

amazing this one isn't it? can't remember the last proper "swoop" we did without all the online ITK bellends knowing all about it beforehand. looks a bloody handy player too and exactly what we've been lacking in that role. 

also, since you're mentioning him, that duncan castles is an absolute grade-a whopper isn't he? hard to fathom how he looks himself in the mirror of a morning given the nonsense he spouts. i know from a couple of journo mates that he's a laughing stock in the industry amongst his peers.

Haha yeah, I couldn’t believe he published an article with the theme of Klopp and LFC getting one over on United.