Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

9 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah it's a horrible story this. and if it turns out that the club aren't doing enough to help him and his family while they've given 250k to richard scudamore's golden handshake there will be hell to pay.

The bottom line here is going to be in the millions I suspect in treatment costs.

When the cash runs out in a few months you would certainly hope the club and/or players would step in.

The Italian club as well hopefully.

Such a total waste this for all concerned....utter and total stupidity.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The bottom line here is going to be in the millions I suspect in treatment costs.

When the cash runs out in a few months you would certainly hope the club and/or players would step in.

The Italian club as well hopefully.

Such a total waste this for all concerned....utter and total stupidity.

1.2M euro is the amount I heard was required. Roma gave 50K I think. 

The club should just pay his rehabilitation as an ongoing concern and should have done so without having any publicity or attention drawn to the matter. 

I think the potential precedent is the issue though. 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

1.2M euro is the amount I heard was required. Roma gave 50K I think. 

The club should just pay his rehabilitation as an ongoing concern and should have done so without having any publicity or attention drawn to the matter. 

I think the potential precedent is the issue though. 

Of course the real truth is the criminals should be footing the bill with all they own back in Italy.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Of course the real truth is the criminals should be footing the bill with all they own back in Italy.

Awful situation but it does look from that link you posted that there is going to be and has been a lot of help provided thus far and in the future but I think the family is right to make a bit of noise to ensure they are not forgotten and left to foot the bill themselves. Looks like they have raised around 600k for ongoing care so far via multiple routes. Roma have acted very compassionately by the looks of it and I'd be surprised if LFC don't better what roma do by at least two fold. Very surprised.

After staying up late the night before for the City match, I only watched the first half last night. For the neutral it was an excellent half with full on pressing by both teams and excellent counter attacks. Neymar could do himself some favours with footy fans by stopping throwing himself to the ground and doing the dying frog every time he get's touched. It just looks pathetic and yet the ref's still buy it

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The ref had a mare

PSG players carried on like absolute <deleted>, particularly in the second half. 

Klopp got his tactics wrong, that midfield of yesteryear is not good enough. 

Bring on Napoli, 1-0 at Anfield, piece of piss. 

yeah bit disappointing all over wasn't it bob, our performance, their histrionics, jurgen's set-up. PSG are right sh*thouses but i expect better than that from us.

yeah, beat napoli at home in the last match to go through. since when did we ever do anything easy when we could do it dramatically?

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

yeah bit disappointing all over wasn't it bob, our performance, their histrionics, jurgen's set-up. PSG are right sh*thouses but i expect better than that from us.

I think that Yesterday PSG was merely better than LFC and deserved to win the game, that's all. And dont forget that in Liverpool, Paris lost only at the very last minute. After all, not so bad for "sh*thouses" isn't it ?

I hope LFC will qualify for 1/8, because it's a great team with top players and coach though yesterday not at its best.

cheers,

fred 

3 minutes ago, federico said:

I think that Yesterday PSG was merely better than LFC and deserved to win the game, that's all. And dont forget that in Liverpool, Paris lost only at the very last minute. After all, not so bad for "sh*thouses" isn't it ?

I hope LFC will qualify for 1/8, because it's a great team with top players and coach though yesterday not at its best.

cheers,

fred 

i think with the best part of 500m euros up front PSG should really be better than liverpool and should probably have won by more than 2-1.

neymar's acting leaves a bad taste in the mouth, he's gone from being a bit daft to a complete idiot these days sadly. just not enjoyable to watch because of his antics. veratti should have been sent off as well of course.

i hope PSG get punished for their blatant financial doping and breaching FFP rules, but there you go. ????

bonne chance fred.

15 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i hope PSG get punished for their blatant financial doping and breaching FFP rules, but there you go. ????

bonne chance fred.

why should football industry be the one and only field in which investments are limited ? And i beleive if Klopp had the financial means to enrol Neymar or Mbappé he would do so...

cheers 

3 minutes ago, federico said:

why should football industry be the one and only field in which investments are limited ? And i beleive if Klopp had the financial means to enrol Neymar or Mbappé he would do so...

cheers 

because it's not an industry, it's a sport. the playing field is supposed to be at least relatively level.

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

because it's not an industry, it's a sport. the playing field is supposed to be at least relatively level.

Stevie, come on, don't be naive... amateur football is still a sport, professional football is show business: no business, no show !

I don't think UEFA will punish Paris because if they do so, they will be sued at European court of justice  and they know they will loose

cheers,

fred

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Since when is the playing field supposed to be relatively level in sport? Who says so? When has that ever been the case? <deleted> are you talking about?

etc.

Since weight divisions were made in boxing

Since handicaps were given to golfers

Since belts given in Martial arts 

Since age divisions in any form of sport

Since leagues and divisions in football were introduced

Since salary caps were introduced in certain sports

Since drafting of players was introduced in certain sports

Since F1 are looking at cost capping and sharing the commercial agreement wealth from 2021 onwards to create greater competition.

etc etc

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Since F1 are looking at cost capping and sharing the commercial agreement wealth from 2021 onwards to create greater competition.

etc etc

Handicapping in the Sport of Kings.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

etc etc

Hey Mr Sensitive, I thought you weren't going to 'engage' with me any more? Your post is almost poetic, well done.

Unfortunately I could easily bring up FA Cup 3rd round, amateur players being admitted into the Open Championship, etc etc 

One of the reasons we like sport is the uneven playing field, and the chance of an upset.

Anyway, I hope this post hasn't offended you. Just let me know if there's any more periods of history which you'd like to black out.  

Great game to watch as a neutral. 2 good sides going for it hammer and tongs. 

PSG were well worth their lead at half time and should of been more. Second half Liverpool showed what they are about but lacked that cutting edge up front and created very little clear cut chances. 

PSG are an embarrassment with the histrionics and the ref was totally out of his depth. He was even giving a corner for the penalty. 

Let’s hope they click against Napoli. 

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

Thats some post StevieH ????

Professional football is indeed a sport, played by clubs, which are businesses (or any industry), whose aim is to maximise profit and try to win trophies. If you can't handle the reality of that then it's best you stop watching liverpool and take up watching amateur football on Liverpool's equivalent of hough end pitches...think those pitches are relatively level.

Some facking post that!

I'm still trying to fathom why officials are not yet wise to Neymar's antics, especially after they were so well publicized during the world cup.

PSG really are quite appalling and i find them an embarrassment to the game.  Even Leonardo Di Caprio, who was in attendance admitted he wasn't the best actor at the game!

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It appears some would be quite happy with decade long streaks of title wins across Europe so long as its their team winning 5-0 every week.

How utterly tedious that would be.

Just 2 seasons of it in France and it is already as dull as dishwater. Ironically, it is the reason PSG will never win the Champs League. They are not battle hardened enough. There may be one weak team in a Champs League group, not 3 for sure.

Liverpool came close to turning England's top league into a procession in the 80s but things never stand still in England. Who knows what lies ahead?

47 minutes ago, champers said:

Just 2 seasons of it in France and it is already as dull as dishwater. Ironically, it is the reason PSG will never win the Champs League. They are not battle hardened enough. There may be one weak team in a Champs League group, not 3 for sure.

Liverpool came close to turning England's top league into a procession in the 80s but things never stand still in England. Who knows what lies ahead?

Think they have a chance this year if they keep getting refs who let Neymar get away with his acting! Hopefully, at least one will have he cojones to ignore the histrionics or even take action against him.

Tuchel has strengthened them defensively and Alves will be back shortly. Verratti can run midfields ragged if he stays on the pitch. Their front three are probably the most dangerous in Europe. I certainly wouldn't write them off especially as Barca/Real/Bayern do not appear as strong this year.

10 minutes ago, wilai said:

Think they have a chance this year if they keep getting refs who let Neymar get away with his acting! Hopefully, at least one will have he cojones to ignore the histrionics or even take action against him.

Tuchel has strengthened them defensively and Alves will be back shortly. Verratti can run midfields ragged if he stays on the pitch. Their front three are probably the most dangerous in Europe. I certainly wouldn't write them off especially as Barca/Real/Bayern do not appear as strong this year.

Could be a great chance for an English team, City particularly. City could get sidetracked by the Champs League and Liverpool win the EPL? Mind you, if Arsenal keep on improving don't write off their EPL hopes.

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Could be a great chance for an English team, City particularly. City could get sidetracked by the Champs League and Liverpool win the EPL? Mind you, if Arsenal keep on improving don't write off their EPL hopes.

Are you talking about them winning the League or getting top 4 ? 

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Are you talking about them winning the League or getting top 4 ? 

Arsenal could maybe win it. They haven't lost since August. Let's see how they fare against Spurs. Most of their first XI have had the week off.

Archived