Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

it's absolutely realist to say that city should and almost certainly will win the league. they got 100 points last season and are better and stronger this season. they're the best team and squad by a distance. it's why bookies create odds and favourites. it's silly to argue otherwise. i don't think liverpool have "no" chance but it's a slim one of stopping this city side from winning it again.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it's absolutely realist to say that city should and almost certainly will win the league. they got 100 points last season and are better and stronger this season. they're the best team and squad by a distance. it's why bookies create odds and favourites. it's silly to argue otherwise. i don't think liverpool have "no" chance but it's a slim one of stopping this city side from winning it again.

I agree with that assessment. However I don't on your text about bookies. They might put up an initial price, but it's the punters that determine the odds after that.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

No it isn't. It's a "kop" out. Pun intended

By saying you have no chance is purely mind games, trying to make yourself the under dog. Something akin to Moureen's tactics. Play down your chances so if you win it's all happy, happy and if you lose, it's "well I told you so".

Is that similar to you constantly bigging up the opposition in the full knowledge in the full knowledge that the reality is an absurd imbalance in squads and resources?

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I agree with that assessment. However I don't on your text about bookies. They might put up an initial price, but it's the punters that determine the odds after that.

hence use of the word "create". city got 100 points last season, swept all before them, strengthened their squad this summer and their players are a season better and more experienced. so bookies favourites at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We only bought a "bench warmer". You strengthened more than us didn't you?

give over boj. you bought the best attacking player outside of the top four or five clubs for a club record fee.

liverpool finished 25 points behind city. 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No

This, coupled with the remarks and reaction to the Der Spiegal revelations show clear signs you City lads have lost track with reality, which appears to be the buzz word of the past couple of days!  I'm sensing that despite whatever is concluded you will remain in complete denial of your owners doing anything wrong.

STEVEG:
1. "are better and stronger this season"
2. "strengthened their squad this summer and their players are a season better and more experienced"

1. Can only remember buying Mahrez. So best on buying him we are better/stronger? Marginally, if at all.
2. Covered 'strengthening above. Agree all players are a season better and more experienced. But don't all your comments apply to liverpool but even more so as you strengthened with a batch of players.

Honestly can't believe we're having this discussion 11 games in. Two seasons back we were leading after the first 10 games and you were all throwing the towel in and look what happened.

This season can go anyway. Ederson gets injured its game over. David Silva gets injured while kdb out it's game over. Fernandinho gets lengthy injury its game over. We have a decent squad but some players have no cover and are just too important to us.

3 hours ago, carmine said:

This, coupled with the remarks and reaction to the Der Spiegal revelations show clear signs you City lads have lost track with reality, which appears to be the buzz word of the past couple of days!  I'm sensing that despite whatever is concluded you will remain in complete denial of your owners doing anything wrong.

And you (supported by your Liverpool chums) don’t read a word we write.  I honestly don’t know why I bother. You’ve got it in for City and you’ll sling anything our way to satisfy yourself. On you go, I’m done responding to anything other than football related speak

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Great half hour from Red Star...and what an atmosphere!

Just got to my hotel in time for the match and Bein connect is working. Incredible atmosphere. Strange goals for us to concede, intimidated goals, atmosphere helping. Still we had some great chances at the other end, based on those chances, I think we can still win. City lads will be pleased to know I've not committed Hari Cari just yet. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Stay with us Bob ????

TBH, I also still think you can get back in it. You've come back from worse positions and against better opposition

haha will do.

That atmosphere is incredible. 

2 changes half-time, Klopp means business 

Tried to be positive for the masses, but obviously I watch a different match to the rest of us. This was an absolute horror show. Our midfield has melted in to a puddle of piss, Adam <deleted> Lallana needs to stop playing football for Liverpool. Now we've had to resort to Origi, a bloke we can't get rid of.

We've gone from playing scintillating football to making Jose's Reds look like the Harlem Globe trotters. 

We can only hope for a draw later tonight.

This is what happens when your summer midfield signings don't work out early and the other one has a <deleted> knee.

<deleted> youse!

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe that shaqiri omission should have been handled as a mere injury. Got em fired up maybe.

Yeah it was Shaqiri's omission and reasoning for his omission that <deleted> us. For sure they would have fallen for the old "he's out injured" malarky. Seriously, do you write this shit in a clown suit?

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah it was Shaqiri's omission and reasoning for his omission that <deleted> us. For sure they would have fallen for the old "he's out injured" malarky. Seriously, do you write this shit in a clown suit?

No bob I do not wear a clown suit but I do take pride in my own content unlike some. Bit of bread and butter for you bob.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry to mention it but i have noticed two things when liverpool lose:
1. You lot disappear for a while (some more than others, no not you Bob)
2. The Spurs lot never take the piss - that old liverpool-spurs mutual appreciation eh

Just saying.

I don’t speak for them, but I suspect Stevie and Wilai just can’t be arsed  with the amount of bellended and intellectually challenged conversations. 

I miss madmary. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

No bob I do not wear a clown suit but I do take pride in my own content unlike some. Bit of bread and butter for you bob.

Yeah you’d rather say something different so you don’t sound the same but the result is quite different. 

Anyway, i’m about to catch a flight on a questionable airline so should I not make it, I’ve left a note. You have a good suck on those, ripe and juicy. 

69FAD2D8-85DB-4B87-BFE7-54221B5AFD1A.jpeg

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I don’t speak for them, but I suspect Stevie and Wilai just can’t be arsed  with the amount of bellended and intellectually challenged conversations. 

I miss madmary. 

Yeah occasionally Stevie has something worth reading; t'other fella, nah.

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Yeah you’d rather say something different so you don’t sound the same but the result is quite different. 

Anyway, i’m about to catch a flight on a questionable airline so should I not make it, I’ve left a note. You have a good suck on those, ripe and juicy. 

69FAD2D8-85DB-4B87-BFE7-54221B5AFD1A.jpeg

Suspect wine glass. Plum sucking and love letters and this lad gets the hump over a bit of lipstick and an away day draw to a top 4 rival. Stick to cranberry juice and safe travels. Gissa clue on the airline?

Archived