Gazette Ad

starkey_rich

If this is an issue - when you have an article to post, why not just send a link to a mod and ask them to post it?

It seems to be an issue now. I did bring the article up, I thought that a mod read it, as he replied to it, yet didn't post the article... Again why all of a sudden are we local members not allowed to start a new topic in the News and Events forum? We did for many years...

If this is an issue - when you have an article to post, why not just send a link to a mod and ask them to post it?

The solution offered was to post an article to Phuket forum and then to ask forum moderators to push it to the Phuket news and events forum.

The problem is that we are not children anymore. It's pretty hard to lower oneself to the level to ask for an headmaster to check and publish an article which one has written earlier.

The solution offered was to post an article to Phuket forum and then to ask forum moderators to push it to the Phuket news and events forum.

The problem is that we are not children anymore. It's pretty hard to lower oneself to the level to ask for an headmaster to check and publish an article which one has written earlier.

Yes! Then have it closed and moved to the News and Events, where it should be posted in the first place.

It seems to be an issue now. I did bring the article up, I thought that a mod read it, as he replied to it, yet didn't post the article... Again why all of a sudden are we local members not allowed to start a new topic in the News and Events forum? We did for many years...

My guess it that it is so that the news forums aren't swamped with non-news posts (Not saying you (and other Phuket Forum regulars) would abuse it, but others might)

Might be something to raise with support.

My guess it that it is so that the news forums aren't swamped with non-news posts (Not saying you (and other Phuket Forum regulars) would abuse it, but others might)

Okay, fair enough, but I really have seen very few over the years posted in News and Events that weren't news, or a holiday or a local event. It was only in the past month or two that I noticed I couldn't start a new topic there. I suppose I can write support yet again as well as George with my opinion on it. But if webfact is too busy to do our local news, why shouldn't we help him out?

Over the years the Phuket forum has been a place where our members have had their fun. Most of the post have been real while sometimes we have had our share of trolls, which also have been fun at times.

The Phuket News forum has always been clean for all of this. Members have somehow known not to post their ad-hoc ideas to the forum. They have always respected it.

For me closing down the Phuket news forum is closing down the whole Thaivisa. There is no freedom of talk anymore, everything is controlled by the site. That's not really nice way to go if you wish to nourish people who would want to give something to the community.

General idea of the management: Give people more freedom and they tend to create more.

oilinki, on 03 May 2013 - 22:46, said:

For me closing down the Phuket news forum is closing down the whole Thaivisa. There is no freedom of talk anymore, everything is controlled by the site. That's not really nice way to go if you wish to nourish people who would want to give something to the community.

Seems a little harsh. News forum is for news articles. From what I can see, there is plenty of discussion following news articles, and as long as these posts don't break forum rules, they are allowed. To be honest - the Phuket forum has been in good hands with the local moderator.

Anyway - we are well off topic for this thread.

Suggest you take it up with support.

Seems a little harsh. News forum is for news articles. From what I can see, there is plenty of discussion following news articles, and as long as these posts don't break forum rules, they are allowed. To be honest - the Phuket forum has been in good hands with the local moderator.

Pfft! Why bother. I just saw what happened when I posted a news article here... Good luck. I will refrain from trying to help...

The reason why we are talking here on thaivisa, is that we have ability to raise our voices over other places. We are heard for once in our lives. That is the true power of thaivisa.

The news can be filled with incidents when people got their toes run over by cars.

The news can be also filled with stories when people who have power run over the people who thought that they did not hold any power.

The responsibility of the news is to be fair to the people who are fair to others.

Over the years the Phuket forum has been a place where our members have had their fun. Most of the post have been real while sometimes we have had our share of trolls, which also have been fun at times.

The Phuket News forum has always been clean for all of this. Members have somehow known not to post their ad-hoc ideas to the forum. They have always respected it.

General idea of the management: Give people more freedom and they tend to create more.

Over the last few years this forum has gone from being a place to help and share ideas to a large business interest where the members are no longer have a say in anything.Just do as you are told or you will be banned.

I thought it was the members that made a forum but obviously not.

• Like 1