Yingluck Instructs Plodprasop To Monitor Suspected White Elephant On The Spot

webfact

Every reply a whinge . keep it up old farts. i love tv

You need to work out the difference between a whinge and mockery with a bit of levity.

i tried, still sound like the usual 7/11, bottle of leo, whinges to me

Is the Leo purchased in bars different from those available in 7-11's ?

Cardiff seems to be fairly familiar with what goes on outside 7/11s among the 'old farts', must be a frequenter of the Sukumwit area where that sort of thing is allowed.

They dont have staff to do that?

Why would Yingluck need to tell Plodprasop to do his/her job... Isnt that why he/she is in that position?

Hasnt Yingluck got better things to do... like FIX the country?

Given the white elephant's prominent role in Buddhist history, this is a very big deal and no surprise that Yingluck is getting involved. Losing that white elephant or it's death by poachers would be a very black mark against all involved or responsible for it's safety.

They dont have staff to do that?

Why would Yingluck need to tell Plodprasop to do his/her job... Isnt that why he/she is in that position?

Hasnt Yingluck got better things to do... like FIX the country?

Given the white elephant's prominent role in Buddhist history, this is a very big deal and no surprise that Yingluck is getting involved. Losing that white elephant or it's death by poachers would be a very black mark against all involved or responsible for it's safety.

Actually the story of the white elephant and the traditions around it are very interesting ... at least to me and anyone interested in Thai and Buddhist history. Check it out on Wikipedia.

Did you know that the origin of the modern phrase "white elephant" to describe a possession that is useless or troublesome, esp. one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of, originates from Siam? The story goes that because white elephants are considered holy, the kings of Siam would give a one to courtiers considered obnoxious in order to ruin the recipient by the great expense incurred in maintaining the animal and not being able to work it.

Be careful with what you guys are saying... under Thai law, white elephants must be presented to the King.

Actually white elephants are considered quite sacred and while some here may be having fun ridiculing it, they are also insulting Thai and Buddhist culture, history, and people.

Be careful with what you guys are saying... under Thai law, white elephants must be presented to the King.

Actually white elephants are considered quite sacred and while some here may be having fun ridiculing it, they are also insulting Thai and Buddhist culture, history, and people.
Let's wait and see if it's even there, before anyone gets all precious about it. Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Let's wait and see if it's even there, before anyone gets all precious about it.

But don't wait to insult and ridicule, huh? I'm ever amazed at how many on TV.com are self compelled to repeatably exclaim their disdain for Thailand and it's people? I suspect some are bored bitter old men who have nothing beter to do and would be miserable otherwise.

• Like 1

Let's wait and see if it's even there, before anyone gets all precious about it.
But don't wait to insult and ridicule, huh? I'm ever amazed at how many on TV.com are self compelled to repeatably exclaim their disdain for Thailand and it's people? I suspect some are bored bitter old men who have nothing beter to do and would be miserable otherwise.

Disdain? If you could appreciate the political and social significance of finding a white elephant right at this very moment.

It has potentially massive impact.

Just as well they sent plodprasop to find it. Maybe he gets lost in a storm drain.

• Like 2

But how dare some junior flunky announce that it does exist, rather than waiting for his betters superiors to come along, and take the credit for the announcement ? ! ohmy.png

Whatever is the world coming to ! laugh.png

Brave Red New World, indeed ! wink.png

Every reply a whinge . keep it up old farts. i love tv

You need to work out the difference between a whinge and mockery with a bit of levity.

i tried, still sound like the usual 7/11, bottle of leo, whinges to me

Thank god, you are not stereotyping! coffee1.gif

As much as I find Thailands myths and anecdotes quiet lovely...since a certain Bangkok gouvenor tried to stop the flood by trying to calm the river- godess...or whatever hokuspokus that was....I am growing a bit tired of it.

You have rangers in nationalparks, who should be quiet able to track down an elephant and if it will venture into Myanmar...so be it!

But I guess, as long as tiger- penis makes you go fuggi- fuggi and spirits life in old trees, nothing is impossible.