How Many Times Until It Sinks In

muythai2013

Reminds me of the fish memory story. Fish sees a worm on a hook and thinks "Hmmm.....that looks tasty", takes a bite, hook hurts like hell but the fish escapes and thinks "Bugger, won't do that again!" Three seconds later the fish sees the same worm on the same hook and thinks "Hmmm....that looks tasty.............etc etc".

Your friend needs some serious therapy of some sort, in the same way that a kleptomaniac needs therapy. He is obviously hooked on whatever sort of "high" he is getting from his actions and from what you have said he cannot see the wood for the trees. In fact it's worse, he's denying there is any wood or any trees at all.

In a strange way he is even starting to try and act like a Thai, calling non Thai people farang when he is one himself.

giving himself a Thai nickname amongst other things.

Is the nickname he's chosen "Kwai"?

• Like 2

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I believe everything you've said.

Some guys are not happy until they are unhappy.

There are a lot more easier and cheaper ways to be unhappy..............thumbsup.gif

This is a bit extreme. OP, he's not from Darwin is he?

• Like 1

Uh, i don't get these numbers - "After obtaining $600000 and losing most of it on the house, then having to sell his $80000 car and $12000 motorbike" ? A 20 Million Bt house ? A 2.5 Million Bt car ? A 400,000 Bt bike ? Or am i just crap at maths ? Could be...

• Like 1

I stopped reading after the second paragraph,just trolling BS,why waste your own time posting it and everybody elses reading it?

Two minutes I'll never get back but could have been worse!

Exactly what I was thinking------ NOBODY can be that stupid
  • Like 1

"Our bar fines are cheaper than any Alimony"

This sign was displayed in a bar in Pattaya over 20 years ago (may still be there!). At the time of me reading it, I didn't really understand it. By the end of that short trip, not only did I understand it, but have never forgotten it..............wink.png

If you play with fire, make sure the anti-burn ointment is close at hand....................thumbsup.gif

For the non-Americans, change Alimony to Divorce.

Uh, i don't get these numbers - "After obtaining $600000 and losing most of it on the house, then having to sell his $80000 car and $12000 motorbike" ? A 20 Million Bt house ? A 2.5 Million Bt car ? A 400,000 Bt bike ? Or am i just crap at maths ? Could be...

I think that would be Aussie dollars.

Still expensive though.................wink.png

From the Thais point of view they are doing well, have been for many years form the falang's money, in a town near Udon Thani, named Nong Han, there is a small village of beautiful houses paid for by Swiss nationals, named by locals as Swiss town, but no Swiss men living there, they only paid for the real estate and this is happening all over Thailand and the Thais know it and want it and expect it and will try to get it any way they can, the Thai lady and lady boy know that wealth is measured by the size of the house and car and they will get it any way they can,,,

i will quote from Songhua's post, "A fool and his money are easily parted." it's true and it's a battle and i like to read these posts because it's a learning journey and a great reminder of what's ahead, if you don't know your enemy how can you fight the battle..

Reminds me of the fish memory story. Fish sees a worm on a hook and thinks "Hmmm.....that looks tasty", takes a bite, hook hurts like hell but the fish escapes and thinks "Bugger, won't do that again!" Three seconds later the fish sees the same worm on the same hook and thinks "Hmmm....that looks tasty.............etc etc".

Your friend needs some serious therapy of some sort, in the same way that a kleptomaniac needs therapy. He is obviously hooked on whatever sort of "high" he is getting from his actions and from what you have said he cannot see the wood for the trees. In fact it's worse, he's denying there is any wood or any trees at all.

In a strange way he is even starting to try and act like a Thai, calling non Thai people farang when he is one himself.

giving himself a Thai nickname amongst other things.

Is the nickname he's chosen "Kwai"?

Ting tong kwai

Where does someone so naieve get that much money in the first place? Inheritance? Lottery? Is this why you were his friend biggrin.png ??

What house in Thialand costs $600,000 ?? cheesy.gif

Girl #2 coudl be prosecute for fraud - yes Thialand treats fraud as a crime. ....If you lie to extract money form someonie then its criminal fraud. What else do you think "fraud" is?? Why does no one even at least mention the ooption of going down this legal path?? Sick bufflo stories etc are all potential criminal cases. If cops don't want to act then go through a Thai lawyer who can force the cops hand. If you have emails etc then you have evidence. Chances are greater they will suddenly want to pay you back rather then go to jail, but even if you land them in jail at least youve gotten your own self respect back.

Edited by fire and ice

Got done once but for very little, this doesn't matter I am Yorkshire man that lived in Scotland a long time. Tighter than a ducks ,well you know.

Now for me it's three years dating, gprs tracking, phone bugging and a chastity belt, seriously these girls have a sixth sense who have just got off the plane.

I could write a book on rip offs but realise there are true love cases, a bloke I know is skint lives in a shack and his missus walks around all day singing and smiling.

L'Amore
No I think it a mental issue http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png'>http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png
Love is definitely a mental issue.

Love

n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage or by removal of the patient from the influences under which he incurred the disorder. This disease, like caries and many other ailments, is prevalent only among civilized races living under artificial conditions; barbarous nations breathing pure air and eating simple food enjoy immunity from its ravages. It is sometimes fatal, but more frequently to the physician than to the patient.

The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce

OP what's your Fred age, just curious. Maybe u should ask him to download "Private Dancer" to enlighten himself.

if his best friend can't change his mind, tina turner will?

life is full of surprises.

Where does someone so naieve get that much money in the first place? Inheritance? Lottery? Is this why you were his friend biggrin.png ??

Girl #2 coudl be prosecute for fraud - yes Thialand treats fraud as a crime. ....If you lie to extract money form someonie then its criminal fraud. What else do you think "fraud" is?? Why does no one even at least mention the ooption of going down this legal path?? Sick bufflo stories etc are all potential criminal cases. If cops don't want to act then go through a Thai lawyer who can force the cops hand. If you have emails etc then you have evidence. Chances are greater they will suddenly want to pay you back rather then go to jail, but even if you land them in jail at least youve gotten your own self respect back.

There are houses worth more then that in Thailand.

and you really know very little about thai lawyers and the thai police don't you, your funnier then my friend.

I stopped reading after the second paragraph,just trolling BS,why waste your own time posting it and everybody elses reading it?

Two minutes I'll never get back but could have been worse!

Hey, are you the friend he was talking about? Ouch.

A house I sold in Bangkok for that exact sum actually.

OP what's your Fred age, just curious. Maybe u should ask him to download "Private Dancer" to enlighten himself.

laugh.pnglaugh.png I think he may be referring to the book, Private Dancer.

• Like 2

[url=http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png]http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png[/url [url=http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png]http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png[/url] I think he may be referring to the book, Private Dancer.

oh i see... i guess i'm out of the loop!