One For Fans Of Vegetarian Food

femi fan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, thanks for the heads up-I have been to the Chinese Jai place in a soi further up on the right side-and it's great for your standard Chinese vegetarian fare-but this sounds interesting. Will check it out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have been to this new restaurant and it is very good.

The husband and wife are the owners and the shorter lady is the cook.

They seem to be delivering now.

It is very easy to find the place directly opposite the new KFC about 100 meters in the back.

They are closed on Sundays and open around 9am.

This place is nothing like the Chinese vegetarian restaurant down the road which serves mostly cold food....

Is this the restaurant's approx location?

The map seems to show central hospitalin teh wrong position so it is hard to say but you are roughly there.

With the Night bazaar at your back go up Chang Klan.

Go past the post office and Central Hospital which will be on the right side of the street.

Just past the hospital you will see a small new shopping center with a KFC.

Directly across from the KFC turn right and go around 100 yards to the back.

Is this the restaurant's approx location?

The map seems to show central hospitalin teh wrong position so it is hard to say but you are roughly there.

With the Night bazaar at your back go up Chang Klan.

Go past the post office and Central Hospital which will be on the right side of the street.

Just past the hospital you will see a small new shopping center with a KFC.

Directly across from the KFC turn right and go around 100 yards to the back.

Confusing directions, because traveling along Chang Klan Rd with the Night Bazaar at my back the Central Chiangmai Memorial hospital would be on the left, no?

How about pointing the Google map to the exact location and linking to it - wouldn't that make life easier for anyone not familiar with the area but interested in finding this little gem?

Ok, here's my second guess at the restaurant's soi entrance location, about 50m south of Central Chiangmai Memorial hospital on Chang Klan Rd.

The map still is wrong and my directions are accurate and very easy to follow (but your photo is correct.) Although the photo is old as now there are signs at the entrance to the shopping area - not really a soi as you can't get out more like a small strip mall.

I live walking distance to the place - please trust me...

Central Memorial Hospital would be on the right, but other than that I agree on just providing a Google maps or Google Streetview link, and save yourself from having to provide any kind of directions.

Curious about this place, but....

Please give a landmark or two to help us out here. Like is it in the food plaza right across the street from the Shangrila hotel ? The one where there's also a little ramen/udon shop in ? How far is it from a 7-11 ? Is there a school or a hospital nearby ? Landmarks landmarks landmarks. Or google map. Or a pic. Or the Thai name. Have them write it, you post a pic, we translate it for you. Easy.

• Like 1

Ok, here's my second guess at the restaurant's soi entrance location, about 50m south of Central Chiangmai Memorial hospital on Chang Klan Rd.

The map still is wrong and my directions are accurate and very easy to follow (but your photo is correct.)

Street View is not my photo - it's linked to Google maps. So either both photo & map are correct, or both are pointing to the wrong location.

Does this restaurant have a name?

Central Memorial Hospital would be on the right, but other than that I agree on just providing a Google maps or Google Streetview link, and save yourself from having to provide any kind of directions.

Please give a landmark or two to help us out here. Like is it in the food plaza right across the street from the Shangrila hotel ? The one where there's also a little ramen/udon shop in ? How far is it from a 7-11 ? Is there a school or a hospital nearby ? Landmarks landmarks landmarks. Or google map. Or a pic. Or the Thai name. Have them write it, you post a pic, we translate it for you. Easy.

Well one of the maps had it looking like it was almost across the street from the Shangrala hotel which is a heck of a lot farther from Chang Mai Land road than 200 meters.

The other one placed it roughly across Changklang road from the Empress which would be a heck of a lot closer to Chiang Mai Land road,

Can some one give directions from one of those hotels.

The Empress is south of the Shangrala.

Chiang Mai Land is south of the Empress.

So far both maps agree that it is on the west side of the street.

Please give a landmark or two to help us out here.

Did you not read the thread? In the soi opposite the new (and only on Chan Klan) KFC. At the back.

I've not been but was given a flier a month or so ago. On my list of places to try.

Yesterday, I just happen to be eating at the open (as opposite to enclosed) restaurant across from that new KFC in this new shopping area. Next to this restaurant, I saw the small to medium sized sign for Vegetarian food which pointed 100M into a dead end gravel soi. Very easy to spot. Beside the obvious KFC, there are at several large prominent signs advertising language schools. Real easy if you open your eyes and look.

They are opened from 8AM (I think) to 5PM and closed Sunday. I wish the various vegetarian places were open from lunch to dinner. A vegetarian meal makes a great light dinner.

• Like 1

Hope everybody can find it! Nice to see a lot of interest in going there.

I've had time to reflect upon the food i had there and it was even better than i described before.

Directions: imagine you are walking... go to the bottom of the night bazaar stretch so that panthip plaza is on your right. Go straight through the lights, you will come to another set of lights at a crossroads. Go straight through those.

Keep going until you see the KFC on the left hand side. I think this is probably 2-400 yards from the lights, but in any event it's before the turn into chiang mai land. The kfc is on your left. On the right pretty much opposite the kfc is a sort of road, a dead-end road. There's a pretty big sign at the mouth of this road saying vegetarian food. One cannot miss this sign.

It's really very easy to find. Drop the maps and just go to chang klan road! This is not a virtual restaurant, it's a real one!

She did tell me that they were planning on staying open to about half 6, in which case one can have an early dinner there.

They are opened from 8AM (I think) to 5PM and closed Sunday. I wish the various vegetarian places were open from lunch to dinner. A vegetarian meal makes a great light dinner.

I actually wonder why that is.

Are there any members of the vegetarian pursuation able to shed light on why you guys and girls don't do dinner?

I just ate there. Good food and very pleasant surroundings. Just look for the KFC and a there is a big VEGETARIAN FOOD sign almost directly across the street. The restaurant is all the way at the end of the soi on the right hand side. The garden has trees and lots of shade, but there is also an air-con dining room right in front of it.

The food is mostly Thai, but they also have a few kinds of veggie burgers, salads, fresh juices and such that look like they might be good. They have a few items similar to the macrobiotic restaurant, but at less than half the price.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will be sure to check it out.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but since we're on the subject, can anyone give the location of the newest Pun Pun Restaurant on Th. Suthep? I had thought I saw on a TV show that it is located at the very end of Suthep but I have passed by that area 3 times looking for it and can not find it. Thanks in advance.

I just ate there. Good food and very pleasant surroundings. Just look for the KFC and a there is a big VEGETARIAN FOOD sign almost directly across the street. The restaurant is all the way at the end of the soi on the right hand side. The garden has trees and lots of shade, but there is also an air-con dining room right in front of it.

The food is mostly Thai, but they also have a few kinds of veggie burgers, salads, fresh juices and such that look like they might be good. They have a few items similar to the macrobiotic restaurant, but at less than half the price.

Sounds like a good place to try, thanks for the info. With all the farang's now heading there, wonder if they'll keep their prices down?