What Celebs On Samui? Any Famous People Visited Or Have Houses Here?

Four Seasons and Nikki Beach always seem to be have pictures of celebrities so maybe they all go to that side of the island

Ay, the beautiful people.bah.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four Seasons and Nikki Beach always seem to be have pictures of celebrities so maybe they all go to that side of the island

Nikki beach like to put up pictures of celebs from their Miami / Marbella venues

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Nikki beach like to put up pictures of celebs from their Miami / Marbella venues

Not surprising, that beach at Niki Beach resort is definitely not the nicest beach on Samui...bah.gif and neither is the beach area around the Four Seasons bah.gifbah.gif

... perhaps good for sunsets and for people who want to vacation in the safety of being locked up with a swimming pool and fine dining! whistling.gif

Not surprising, that beach at Niki Beach resort is definitely not the nicest beach on Samui...bah.gif and neither is the beach area around the Four Seasons bah.gifbah.gif

... perhaps good for sunsets and for people who want to vacation in the safety of being locked up with a swimming pool and fine dining! whistling.gif

Sounds horrible, locked up with swimming pool and fine dining. Brrr.

How could we forget the famous 'Coco' Blues concert?

Jerry Lee Lewis, UB40 and others whose names I forget. They all stayed at Coco properties here in Plai Laem. (Now Tongson Bay Villas or similar.)

Nearly correct. Jerry was at Bophut Spa, UB40 and The Wailers were at Bandara. Do not recall any of them staying in the villas as they all demanded hotel accommodation. Other names at the time - Jools Holland - Blues Brothers Band - Big Brother and the Holding Company - Ike Turner ( who despite what you might have heard was the nicest most accommodating guy you could wish to meet) - and his soon to be wife Audrey Madison - and quite few moree lesser known bands. Still have a programme somewhere.

Jerry Lee Lewis, UB40 and others whose names I forget. They all stayed at Coco properties here in Plai Laem. (Now Tongson Bay Villas or similar.)

Nearly correct. Jerry was at Bophut Spa, UB40 and The Wailers were at Bandara. Do not recall any of them staying in the villas as they all demanded hotel accommodation. Other names at the time - Jools Holland - Blues Brothers Band - Big Brother and the Holding Company - Ike Turner ( who despite what you might have heard was the nicest most accommodating guy you could wish to meet) - and his soon to be wife Audrey Madison - and quite few moree lesser known bands. Still have a programme somewhere.

I was just repeatijng what someone from Coco had said at the time. (I think that it was the restaurant manager?? Not sure though.) they were complaining about tthe number of cases of champagne that they had to keep bringing in for UB40 guys and their entourage. Maybe just the crew stayed there.

Thanks for reminding me about some of the other acts - I had completely forgotten most of them.

I was just repeatijng what someone from Coco had said at the time. (I think that it was the restaurant manager?? Not sure though.) they were complaining about tthe number of cases of champagne that they had to keep bringing in for UB40 guys and their entourage. Maybe just the crew stayed there.

Thanks for reminding me about some of the other acts - I had completely forgotten most of them.

No the crew stayed at the Nova opposite the main concert site on the lake as they were there from dawn to late night and needed somewhere very close. I cannot recall any of the acts staying in the villas although there were a few dubious hangers on who did. Other hotels that were used were Had Ngam Resort, Chaba Cabana, what is now the Araya Buri, Eden Rock and Paradise Beach Resort which - as I now recall - is where the Preservation Hall Band stayed - they are the band that have regularly played with HM the King. Jools stayed at Napasai.

Edited by SamuiRes

No the crew stayed at the Nova opposite the main concert site on the lake as they were there from dawn to late night and needed somewhere very close. I cannot recall any of the acts staying in the villas although there were a few dubious hangers on who did. Other hotels that were used were Had Ngam Resort, Chaba Cabana, what is now the Araya Buri, Eden Rock and Paradise Beach Resort which - as I now recall - is where the Preservation Hall Band stayed - they are the band that have regularly played with HM the King. Jools stayed at Napasai.

Sir (or madam) I bow to the font of knowledge. Well done - remarkable memory. thumbsup.gif

So who were the cases of champagne for at Coco? I never had any. Another urban myth shattered. sad.png

Robbie Fowler was here long time ago there was a photo of him in the Hendrix bar

Sid Owen

Sam Fox she was in the UK paper

I have been here

John Lennon's presence was felt

Not sure how famous Medina is outside Denmark, but she visited Samui and stayed at Kamalya resort and spa last year.

Medina has been one of the most popular singers here in DK for a few years now.

Normally she sings in danish vocal but maybe these ones in english is known outside Denmark?

http://vimeo.com/16772825

• 1 month later...

Her mother also has a villa/house in Fisherman's village. As you drive in turn right.Perhaps that is villa M.

• 1 month later...

Leeroy from the prodigy owns a villa here

Gizz Butt, also an ex Prodigy member, lives next door to me in the UK. He's a really nice guy but I don't want to travel all the way to Koh Samui only to find my neighbour there. So I hope he and Leeroy don't holiday together!

• 6 months later...