Online Dating In Thailand?

TheSpade

What's your experience with online dating in Thailand? Had much luck with it or a waste of time?

Everyone keeps telling me they stopped using it because it doesn't work and none of the girls reply or want to meet but I've found quite the opposite.

I can't be the only one who's had some luck with it.

Interested in hearing your experience?

Thanks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that it's so easy. Go online, pick out a couple of good looking girls, send message, ask for their Skype / Line / Whatsapp, chat for 20 minutes, ask them to meet me later that night...done.

That is not dating. More like hooker-on-line! Worked for Quasimodo as well!!

• Like 1

Used them quite a bit and never been asked for cash ever, hookers tend to be easily spotable by pictures in nice hotels or bikini's around expensive hotels. others cast offs usually post pictures in a western country. but no shortage of "normal" girls in my experience although a few getting to the 30 mark and desperate for a kid.

Overall good and kept me on the straight and narrow for last 3 years.

• Like 2

Just see how many of the 'nice' girls have pictures by the seaside... in Pattaya. They also always seem to have at least one snapshot taken in the hotel room. The rest are invariably 'self portraits' taken in the shitters.... replete with pouty faces and v-signs.

• Like 1

Just see how many of the 'nice' girls have pictures by the seaside... in Pattaya. They also always seem to have at least one snapshot taken in the hotel room. The rest are invariably 'self portraits' taken in the shitters.... replete with pouty faces and v-signs.

The part that i love is when they online chatting in the middle of the night, but claim to work for company, when asked what they work, the answer is company.

Ok, but what you work? Answer company

I understand company, but what is your job? Answer Companygiggle.gif

So she works for a company but chats every night, all night long. Must be super woman to stay up all night and work for "company" all day

The part that i love is when they online chatting in the middle of the night, but claim to work for company, when asked what they work, the answer is company.

I understand company, but what is your job? Answer Company:giggle:

So she works for a company but chats every night, all night long. Must be super woman to stay up all night and work for "company" all day

She may not be articulate - but who's to say she is wrong? Plenty of choices here laugh.png

Company Meaning and Definition
  1. (n.) A companion or companions.
  2. (n.) The state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
  3. (n.) The body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
  4. (v. i.) To have sexual commerce.
  5. (n.) Partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title; -- often abbreviated in writing; as, Hottinguer & Co.
  6. (n.) A subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the United States (full strength) 100 men.
  7. (v. i.) To be a gay companion.
  8. (n.) An assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
  9. (n.) Society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
  10. (n.) The crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ship's company.
  11. (n.) An association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the East India Company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
  12. (v. t.) To accompany or go with; to be companion to.
  13. (n.) Guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
  14. (v. i.) To associate.
  • Like 1

She may not be articulate - but who's to say she is wrong? Plenty of choices here laugh.png

Company Meaning and Definition
  1. (n.) A companion or companions.
  2. (n.) The state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
  3. (n.) The body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
  4. (v. i.) To have sexual commerce.
  5. (n.) Partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title; -- often abbreviated in writing; as, Hottinguer & Co.
  6. (n.) A subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the United States (full strength) 100 men.
  7. (v. i.) To be a gay companion.
  8. (n.) An assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
  9. (n.) Society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
  10. (n.) The crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ship's company.
  11. (n.) An association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the East India Company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
  12. (v. t.) To accompany or go with; to be companion to.
  13. (n.) Guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
  14. (v. i.) To associate.

clap2.gif

Many times I have gone to the internet shops because I did not have WiFi in my room or used an Air-card which made online streaming for conferences prohibitive. I would see there Thai women ( sometimes a pair as some would bring an interpreter) with notebooks full of email addresses and Facebook profiles.

Early morning for USA -- late at night for Europe, etc.

Used it 7 years ago for 1 month, met the best woman in the world been married 6 years NO problems at all she actually SUPPORTS me, earns 200k + a month.

I met lots of girls this way first then came out having decided to meet 4.

All were ok no one asked for money, she happened to be the one who suited me best although another one almost made it too, in fact it got VERY hard to choose.

I still see another one as a friend, she now has a baby and Im kind of a godparent to it.

So my view is its fine, you can weed out the dross and save time before really meeting them, neither of us married before we were 29 and 42 years old, now of course its 7 years later.

The girls I met all had jobs except one, the one I almost decided on owned a Subway shop in Phuket, this is her in the photo she, was VERY nice but I chose my now Wife who is BETTER suited to me and has turned out to be GREAT!!!

• Like 1

Many times I have gone to the internet shops because I did not have WiFi in my room or used an Air-card which made online streaming for conferences prohibitive. I would see there Thai women ( sometimes a pair as some would bring an interpreter) with notebooks full of email addresses and Facebook profiles.

Early morning for USA -- late at night for Europe, etc.

Nothing wrong with that? my Wife was chatting with other men, would you only chat with ONE woman on the internet if looking for a partner?, of course asking for money whilst doing this is something else.

I like the fact that it's so easy. Go online, pick out a couple of good looking girls, send message, ask for their Skype / Line / Whatsapp, chat for 20 minutes, ask them to meet me later that night...done.

Have u actually met them?

Not only met but MARRIEDthumbsup.gif

Actually many of them have them at RESORTS as this is where the company they work for takes them away once a year for a holiday....... is what I found.

• Like 1

That is not dating. More like hooker-on-line! Worked for Quasimodo as well!!

Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeelaugh.png well Im glad of "hooker on line" if that's the case.

I understand company, but what is your job? Answer Companygiggle.gif

Its very simple, this one gets DELETED, of course you could go down the "pub" and do the same but waste hours of time meeting only the few who are there.

Or you can trawl through thousands at your leisure a few months before coming out, way way easier, cut out the dross first.

Let me tell you more about my Wife.

Before we met I asked her how about where can I change money in BKK, she told me where but also said, if I wanted I could keep it in HER bank acc, remember at this time we hadn't met so alarm bells were ringing for me.

She was though quite genuine and some money did end up in her acc and she gave me her ATM card to use also to get it out even though she knew I was in PHUKET with another girl checking her out on the first 2 weeks of my visit.

She spoke with the 3 other girls who I met and is good friends with 2 of them even now one she sees regularly and w e all go out a few times a year for a meal, celebrate Birthdays etc etc,

The Phuket girl though is not one she speaks to, I think she was quite upset I didn't choose her and I did feel a bit sad for her at the time but best just left alone, a bit too needy for me but still extremely nice.

I hope she found a decent bloke and not some "Frang" dross as there are MANY here from what I see.

Its very simple, this one gets DELETED, of course you could go down the "pub" and do the same but waste hours of time meeting only the few who are there.

Or you can trawl through thousands at your leisure a few months before coming out, way way easier, cut out the dross first.

Let me tell you more about my Wife.

Before we met I asked her how about where can I change money in BKK, she told me where but also said, if I wanted I could keep it in HER bank acc, remember at this time we hadn't met so alarm bells were ringing for me.

She was though quite genuine and some money did end up in her acc and she gave me her ATM card to use also to get it out even though she knew I was in PHUKET with another girl checking her out on the first 2 weeks of my visit.

She spoke with the 3 other girls who I met and is good friends with 2 of them even now one she sees regularly and w e all go out a few times a year for a meal, celebrate Birthdays etc etc,

The Phuket girl though is not one she speaks to, I think she was quite upset I didn't choose her and I did feel a bit sad for her at the time but best just left alone, a bit too needy for me but still extremely nice.

I hope she found a decent bloke and not some "Frang" dross as there are MANY here from what I see.

Glad to hear a happy story.

Though find it rather interesting that a tourist meets a wife while local expats get the hookers

That says more about the expats than the tourists.

The online dating sites are swarming with backwater ladies in their 30's and 40's looking for a decent man. It's not them that are getting the messages though, the young things are swamped by old boys chancing their arms.

I know several men who are in long term relationships with women they met via the net, and the key word here is woman. They are dating and marrying women who are age appropriate, and that's a good start to the relationship.

Also these days internet dating is not a new kid on the block any more, a lot of people have tried it before and have worked out the rough edges. Keeping your wits about you just a little bit, you'll have a far better chance of meeting a decent long term partner via the net than wandering in to some random bar in Pattaya.

It's the 21st century so I thought I would give it a go, I am not too old, 30's and was contacted by a beautiful 23 year old.

We chatted, met and had three great months, little did I know she was already married to a young 26 year old Western guy who she said she was divorced to.

He kept ringing her and sending messages, which in the end got me a bit ffed off, so I rung him.

His world suddenly crumbled around him, I left her straight away and still feel sorry for this young man.

She still emails me to visit her bah.gif

Another girl asked me to lend her money on the first date, I gave up after that, maybe I was unlucky but it's not for me.

• Like 1

I've met three or four ladies via the net ( can't be bothered straining my brain to remember ) one was wild, gorgeous and fantastic but she had to go as she was just too wild, she's in the happy memory bank though.

I met one that I suspect was a hooker playing a long game, and the others I met were decent women but just not for me.

• Like 1

I was working on several long-term stints here in Thailand before I met my now Common Law wife. I was not looking for a long-term relationship and she -- as she does not speak English then or now -- had never even considered partnering up with a farang.

I see nothing wrong with nor have anything against internet relationships -- it's just that the element of serendipity on either side is non-existent.

Edited by JLCrab

Serendipity is over rated coffee1.gif

Whatever you're reading, you're drinking too much coffee.

BTW I often see mentioned in these topics about one's significant other that "she never was a bar girl". As bar girls are compensated strictly on commission, some of those women made an astute financial decision.

Edited by JLCrab

That says more about the expats than the tourists.

The online dating sites are swarming with backwater ladies in their 30's and 40's looking for a decent man. It's not them that are getting the messages though, the young things are swamped by old boys chancing their arms.

I know several men who are in long term relationships with women they met via the net, and the key word here is woman. They are dating and marrying women who are age appropriate, and that's a good start to the relationship.

Also these days internet dating is not a new kid on the block any more, a lot of people have tried it before and have worked out the rough edges. Keeping your wits about you just a little bit, you'll have a far better chance of meeting a decent long term partner via the net than wandering in to some random bar in Pattaya.

It's the 21st century so I thought I would give it a go, I am not too old, 30's and was contacted by a beautiful 23 year old.

We chatted, met and had three great months, little did I know she was already married to a young 26 year old Western guy who she said she was divorced to.

He kept ringing her and sending messages, which in the end got me a bit ffed off, so I rung him.

His world suddenly crumbled around him, I left her straight away and still feel sorry for this young man.

She still emails me to visit her bah.gif

Another girl asked me to lend her money on the first date, I gave up after that, maybe I was unlucky but it's not for me.

There is an element of numbers game to it, I had a mad year or so of internet dating back in the mid noughties. I was like a kid in a sweetie shop but eventually got sick of it.

I cast my eye over the sites now and then and I still see the same faces from years ago. Some folk are gluttons for punishment biggrin.png

• Like 1

Serendipity is over rated coffee1.gif

Whatever you're reading, you're drinking too much coffee.

BTW I often see mentioned in these topics about one's significant other that "she never was a bar girl". As bar girls are compensated strictly on commission, some of those women made an astute financial decision.

I'm caffeine free, it just so happens I actually know what serendipity means, and with a 50% divorce rate these days it sure is over rated.

I can see your logic re the bar girls though. smile.png