American Cheated By Late Thai Wife Of 20 Million Baht Wants His Assets Back

webfact

How many times have I listened to farangs talk about what a bunch of stupid/dumb/uneducated/numbskulls thai girls are and how the farangs are so smart, educated, business savy superior?

And then how many times do I quietly chuckle when I hear how a 23 y.o. bar girl with a 3rd grade education who dances around a metal pole ends up taking these brilliant educated business savy farangs for big bucks?

So who is the dumb one?

They didn't say what her profession was before marrying him. If she had been a stripper it's doubtful he would have shared his money with her, her previous profession would have offered him a clue. More like she appeared "normal" and prayed to Buddha with her "devout" family and came from a humble village and seemed so wonderful and obsequious, and that is the ensnarement that gets them, not the stripper pole. It's the smiling obsequiousness that gets to them because they can't look behind it and see the dollar signs in their vacant eyes. It's very hard to tell when people seem so nice and normal.

You make an excellent point. If I may add, there's tons of uni grads also in search of a "sugar daddy" or "sugar granpa" Perhaps they will appear better spoken, more polite, and don't dance around a pole, but the game can be "the same".

Money is God and word gets around amongst many girls, including non bar girls. A solid pre marital legal agreement is an absolute MUST. Reality is most expats wont find a wealthy woman to marry. And even in that case, you still need a pre nup. Beware of women on internet dating sites / aka "fishing for farang" sites.

I dont understand why so many feel the need to get married. It would seem escaping marriage is why they came to thailand.

• Like 2

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many times have I listened to farangs talk about what a bunch of stupid/dumb/uneducated/numbskulls thai girls are and how the farangs are so smart, educated, business savy superior?

And then how many times do I quietly chuckle when I hear how a 23 y.o. bar girl with a 3rd grade education who dances around a metal pole ends up taking these brilliant educated business savy farangs for big bucks?

So who is the dumb one?

They didn't say what her profession was before marrying him. If she had been a stripper it's doubtful he would have shared his money with her, her previous profession would have offered him a clue. More like she appeared "normal" and prayed to Buddha with her "devout" family and came from a humble village and seemed so wonderful and obsequious, and that is the ensnarement that gets them, not the stripper pole. It's the smiling obsequiousness that gets to them because they can't look behind it and see the dollar signs in their vacant eyes. It's very hard to tell when people seem so nice and normal.

You make an excellent point. If I may add, there's tons of uni grads also in search of a "sugar daddy" or "sugar granpa" Perhaps they will appear better spoken, more polite, and don't dance around a pole, but the game can be "the same".

Money is God and word gets around amongst many girls, including non bar girls. A solid pre marital legal agreement is an absolute MUST. Reality is most expats wont find a wealthy woman to marry. And even in that case, you still need a pre nup. Beware of women on internet dating sites / aka "fishing for farang" sites.

I dont understand why so many feel the need to get married. It would seem escaping marriage is why they came to thailand.

I did it for the non-o.

no matter which country your in divorce law most often favours the woman,as this is Thailand well...let's just say it's hard to catch a break as a foreigner,fair dues this guys still fighting his corner normally those in his position are taken to the cleaners..then taken to the undertakers.

What a bloody fool! Some people deserve, what they get! First cheated by the wife and then leave it to MIL to sell the remaining assets. And share with him.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Even bothered to read the OP ?

Mr Harpel and Ms Sumalee were appointed to settle Nattiyanee’s estate together.

• Like 1

The very fact his three kids tried to kill him three times means nothing to you.

I see you ran the two posts together like I as if I had said it all

Here is a little bit of truth for you. Look at post 15

I said

You must be a real lovable kind of guy

in response to CrisRMenumate post that said

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids,

tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges

twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang

truth..

1) He never said that his kids tried to kill him. Work on your reading skills.

2) I didn't run anything together. Mods/admin can vouch for the fact that the quote function on the app doesn't work properly.

3) I know what you said. My response is precisely to that and it stands as is.

The very fact his three kids tried to kill him three times means nothing to you.

I see you ran the two posts together like I as if I had said it all

Here is a little bit of truth for you. Look at post 15

I said

You must be a real lovable kind of guy

in response to CrisRMenumate post that said

truth..

1) He never said that his kids tried to kill him. Work on your reading skills.

2) I didn't run anything together. Mods/admin can vouch for the fact that the quote function on the app doesn't work properly.

3) I know what you said. My response is precisely to that and it stands as is.

For crying out loud man I copied and posted it for you. Go back and look at post 2 and 15

Here is post 2 again for you

truth..

For crying out loud man I copied and posted it for you. Go back and look at post 2 and 15

Here is post 2 again for you

truth..

Reading skills.

Are you honestly unaware of the function of the comma?

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 2

A long time ago...when I worked in Saudi...I used to give my spending money to a certain lady

I knew way back then. We had no problems with who spent what or where the next Baht

came from. When I'd leave LOS for Land of Sand & Dust we'd happily spend the last bit

on a huge party with friends and whatever was left over I'd happily hand to that certain lady.

When I set up a business in LOS back in 1985 my partner was another lass who became

quite upset that I never let her have control of the company $$$...or at least 50% control.

When she was informed the money belonged to "the company" she became even more

angry...then she was removed from the company directors list by unanimous vote. Her

anger was manifested in many ways...death threats being the least worry.

I feel sorry for this man...but it is his own fault. Trusting a lass he really has no clue about

left him wide open to an age old scam in this part of the world. He should have known

better...then again..."love" or the thought of it, blinds even the most sensible person.

I hope he receives some restitution...even if it's just from experience.

Lets have some balance here folks. These 'events / situations ' occur in pretty much every country in the world.

Also, there are plenty of farang, in Thailand, who have cheated, verbally, physically, and emotionally abused plenty of Thai women and children.

Maybe you could point us to a few stories where a foreigner cheated a Thai woman/man out of a few millions.

• Like 2

“Before I came here, I had 25 million baht for investment in Thailand.With no knowledge of the Thai language, I was at a disadvantage," said Mr Harpel",

Silly man, not much more can be said except I hope he finds a way out.

Yes, I don't know the facts of the case and hope the isn't really destitute as the articles says, but the 25mil for investment makes me wonder whether the Thai business ever turned a profit. It reads that she stole 11mil and the article title says he was cheated out of 20mil - it could all have been his start-up money for all I know.

Once again,if somebody is struggling,put the boot in.Kind regards your expat buddies.

Well put! What is it with people? Talk about kicking people when they're down. Everyone knows better after the event.

Another report today discussed the possibility of a court for foreigners. This is a good example of why one is needed.

• Like 1

Maybe he'lll find solace studying Buddhism and forget about this awful path his life took in the "land of smiles".

Actually, this is not a bad idea. He could become a respected monk, and the Thai people and courts would be more likely to listen to him. just saying. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

When you cannot own land or a house in a country why would you invest money other than in a car or motorcycle? Or a Thai Wife who sells a wedding ring for 2,000 Baht, that you paid $500. for, or find out that you have been living with a lady boy post op all parts a woman.....Just some of my experiences in 3.5 years here.... Just like India Goa now foreigners get only a three month visa and cannot return for 2 months after, their assets are gone and they cannot get the money out, from their hotels and businesses. and the Russian Mafia is in control......sounds like Pattaya.

A man I know had a similar problem, and with the help of a Thai policeman and his friends (lawyer, governor etc) h had a big part of his money back. But to find a honest lawyer and to get things going you need money. And the Thai party has time enough and hope to postpone as long as possible. So long that you have no money left to go on with the case.

Yes we read here that you can't beat the bad Thai wife in court, but I know some cases they did!

A measure of sympathy. The guy was foolish in investing in Thailand with clearly no knowledge of what he was getting into, then add 'love' to the mix! But who of us goes through life without making mistakes? Glad to see that he is at least getting a hearing, most likely months of legal bs, and no win, but at least he is generating a few waves.

Thailand and its people.

What more can one say

Any other respectable country would give a foreigner the right to start a company without the silly rule that a Thai must have 51% of the company.

Any other respectable country would give a foreigner the right to buy a house or own land.

The rules of Thailand open up many venues for cheating, embezzling and stealing.

If a Thai goes to Holland, has the money, can buy land, house, whatever.

A measure of sympathy. The guy was foolish in investing in Thailand with clearly no knowledge of what he was getting into, then add 'love' to the mix! But who of us goes through life without making mistakes? Glad to see that he is at least getting a hearing, most likely months of legal bs, and no win, but at least he is generating a few waves.

Thailand and its people.

What more can one say

Any other respectable country would give a foreigner the right to start a company without the silly rule that a Thai must have 51% of the company.

Any other respectable country would give a foreigner the right to buy a house or own land.

The rules of Thailand open up many venues for cheating, embezzling and stealing.

If a Thai goes to Holland, has the money, can buy land, house, whatever.

Not much really except, it's not Thailand, it happens to idiots in every part of the world!

When you cannot own land or a house in a country why would you invest money other than in a car or motorcycle? Or a Thai Wife who sells a wedding ring for 2,000 Baht, that you paid $500. for, or find out that you have been living with a lady boy post op all parts a woman.....Just some of my experiences in 3.5 years here.... Just like India Goa now foreigners get only a three month visa and cannot return for 2 months after, their assets are gone and they cannot get the money out, from their hotels and businesses. and the Russian Mafia is in control......sounds like Pattaya.

Sounds like a group of idiots to me

What a bloody fool! Some people deserve, what they get! First cheated by the wife and then leave it to MIL to sell the remaining assets. And share with him.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Would you care to elaborate as to why you feel he got what he deserved? Do you really know enough about this man to make an informed opinion of him as a person or are you just an ignorant buffoon who thinks it's clever to kick a man when he's down?

Can't see that's much different than all the people on TV who know nothing about the Thai women who marry farang but always blame them without any proof for murders and theft of assets. Any time anything happens to a farang, no matter the evidence or lack thereof, a Thai is to blame in the TV kangaroo court. So I guess it can work both ways ... "or are you just an ignorant buffoon" should be asked whenever that happens too.

Oh shut up. For every one farang criminal in Thailand, there are 10,000 Thai crooks. Wake up you deluded, flower-power fruit. It's THAILAND. Are you really going to try to assert that it would unwise to assume that a criminal in Thailand is of Thai nationality? Would you apply the same logic elsewhere (i.e. if someone is shot in the US, we best assume a foreign national was the shooter to be fair to Americans?!). Thanks for flat-out the dumbest post I've read in few months. Cheers, mate!

• Like 2