New Uk Passport Applications

Is there a new process for applying for a Uk passport renewal/ i have been told by somebody who has recently applied that he had to send forms and passport to the UK.Everything that I can find tells me the forms still have to go to Hong Kong. Could somebody clear this up for me. I hope this is in the correct forum, If not I apologise

There have been numerous threads on this subject, the information is here:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You do send the application to Hong Kong, but only a copy of your passport.

Thanks for this and I have the website open now. Everything seems the same but as i was talking to somebody who has just renewed his passport, i thought that maybe the site had not been updated. he also said that the original passport was now required not, as I believed, a photocopy

I just got my new passport yesterday. The UK government are slowly changing it so that it will all be centralised in the UK, but we have to send to Hong Kong at the moment. It's right that you send a photocopy of your existing passport and not the passport itself. I got my new passport in about 3.5 weeks, which was pleasantly surprising.

There have been numerous threads on this subject, the information is here:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You do send the application to Hong Kong, but only a copy of your passport.

Thanks for this and I have the website open now. Everything seems the same but as i was talking to somebody who has just renewed his passport, i thought that maybe the site had not been updated. he also said that the original passport was now required not, as I believed, a photocopy

I suspect he was reading the wrong website and not the Thailand specific instructions, most locations do require you to send the original PP.