Do Tourists All Think Expats Are Married To Ex-'working Girls'?

Neeranam

Did the OP's tourist drinking buddy enquire about both spouses' ages before asking if the wife had ever been a brass?

The poll I did last year found that the old guy married to the young thing was an urban myth, or at the very least a rarity. Most guys were with partners who were closer in age that most people would have expected.

• Like 2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the OP's tourist drinking buddy enquire about both spouses' ages before asking if the wife had ever been a brass?

The poll I did last year found that the old guy married to the young thing was an urban myth, or at the very least a rarity. Most guys were with partners who were closer in age that most people would have expected.

I think there's a very real likelihood that respondents to your poll er . . . lied.

• Like 1

Or of course "theblether" old chap, the people taking the poll where lying as they were reluctant to admit to the age gap cos they were scared of being branded a pervert or cradle snatcher...tongue.png

This thread's been amusing. I mean, here we are berating the OP's tourist drinking buddy for daring to ask if his wife was ever a bargirl when each day, without fail, the mere mention of a forum member's wife or girlfriend prompts similar questions from people who've lived here for years.

At least the tourist had inexperience as a defense for his ignorance.

What excuse does the TV forum's membership use to defend theirs?

Exactly,the bm has accused all thai girls,working in Pattaya as whores

That's the third time you posted this, <deleted>, why so insistent?

Or of course "theblether" old chap, the people taking the poll where lying as they were reluctant to admit to the age gap cos they were scared of being branded a pervert or cradle snatcher...tongue.png

Fair comment.......to be honest I lie on every Thaivisa poll anyway, so I can't complain. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Precisely.

Stereotypes are difficult to dispel when even those who are directly affected by them are themselves, panderers

Even in the UK I will get asked how we met. I told one guy we met on-line ( lie ) and told him that I had a 6 month guarantee with her and I had the option of trading her in for a newer model. The guy believed me and for 5min he was going "really" till I crushed his little fantasy. some people are so gullible

But I never go around asking people how they met there partner.

It just because you mention she Thai then all the salacious fantasies come out.

Ping pong anyone.

• Like 1

Most commentators on the subject,that don't,have some knowledge of Thailand.

Repeat what they have heard,probably from a mate that has visited once,Pattaya,Bangkok.

Ignoramus

Who cares what they think.

• Like 1

Even in the UK I will get asked how we met. I told one guy we met on-line ( lie ) and told him that I had a 6 month guarantee with her and I had the option of trading her in for a newer model. The guy believed me and for 5min he was going "really" till I crushed his little fantasy. some people are so gullible

Ping pong anyone.

When she is wearing tiny mini skirt, gold all around and he is wearing chang or singha singlet with flip flops, there is no need to ask

Dragons and Scorpions tattooed on the lady is generally a dead giveaway too

Edited by IrishIvan
  • Like 1

Ping pong anyone.

When she is wearing tiny mini skirt, gold all around and he is wearing chang or singha singlet with flip flops, there is no need to askthumbsup.gif

How do you know what we get up on Friday nights

Ping pong anyone.

When she is wearing tiny mini skirt, gold all around and he is wearing chang or singha singlet with flip flops, there is no need to askthumbsup.gif

How do you know what we get up on Friday nights

Dress up party?giggle.gif

Define prostitute. Is that were a women sleeps with a man for money? So after 20 years of marriage if the woman gets half a million dollar settlement does that make her a whore? Or is this term used only when its a cash transaction on the night?

Of course it doesn't make her a prostitute - prostitution is a job and involves sleeping with many men.

But if you sleep with one man for half a million then they arent? Just seems its a question of price and race. Google Rose Hancock who was a Filipina maid to a billionare Australian named Lang Hancock. It didnt take her long to jump in his bed. Interesting story. The general public all thought she was a whore. If she wasnt asian then it might have been a different opinion

No, I'd sleep with one man for half a million and I'm not a prostitute.

By definition you are a prostitute if you have sex with anyone for money. It doesn't matter if it's one person or one-thousand.

by your definition.. most all non working wives are prostitutes then.. what crap!

• Like 1

Without seeing the wife, its very rude.

HOWEVER, when i see a 20 something married to 60 somethings, i am positive she is married for bank account love.

I know 3 of my neighbors will strongly disagree, perhaps the reason why all 3 are broke and in debt, while the loving wives do not work or do anything but sit around chatting.

All 3 even need a live in maid to look after 2 bedroom townhouse and brothers come to visit every time husbands are away

Funny enough i have 3 neighbors just like that. except its the wives working and the men sitting around chatting all day.. they are Thai.

i have another 3 neighbors were both work.. Amazing worldbiggrin.png

Me and the wife went to an arab restaurant in early sukhumvit. When walking back to the bts some guy grabbed my wifes ass. I was walking 3 steps ahead cause the footpath is narrow with street sellers and all their crap.

She only told me about 30 seconds later when she caught up to me.

I was so pissed off. Still boils my blood thinking about it.

just asked 3 people in my UK office how they met their wives.....

1, he was on a stag party in Blackpool and she was on a hen party....they met in a club and shagged on that night, still together 35 years on!

2, childhood sweethearts wub.png married for 7 years so far

3, she is an ex stripper/lapdancer in a London club, married 9 years

Me I met my wife online, been married 2 1/2 years, never been asked directly by anyone back here if she was a hooker and to be honest I couldn't care less what they think or say.

I see women these days in my area where I grew up in UK who are married with kids and settled but back in the day some of them were known as the local bikes and were up for multiple sex partners, down alley ways you name it they were at it....does anyone remind them of their past and what they got up to....make a big deal out of it?

However it is natural for others to look for imperfections in ones relationship....you will find lot's of people out there offering a shoulder to cry on and happy to talk about others problems or situations as it makes them feel better about their own hang ups...

example 'that blokes got a thai mail order bride ha ha ha......that might be true mate but your missus used to be known as anal alison round this way and before you was shagging your best mate's'

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Very rude drinking company you had! Hope you said thank you and walked away!

Not all do, i think. But a lot of tourists are prejudiced, sadly.

I did make an exit about 10 minutes later. I joked that I hoped that my wife was never a bar prostitute thinking what an incredible <deleted> the guy was.

How would others respond?

I would have punched him in the face.

I think that is over-reacting. If my wife was there, then I probably would.

If my wife was there, she would have punched him.
  • Like 2

I did make an exit about 10 minutes later. I joked that I hoped that my wife was never a bar prostitute thinking what an incredible <deleted> the guy was.

I think that is over-reacting. If my wife was there, then I probably would.

:D Edited by krisb

Define prostitute. Is that were a women sleeps with a man for money? So after 20 years of marriage if the woman gets half a million dollar settlement does that make her a whore? Or is this term used only when its a cash transaction on the night?

Of course it doesn't make her a prostitute - prostitution is a job and involves sleeping with many men.

But if you sleep with one man for half a million then they arent? Just seems its a question of price and race. Google Rose Hancock who was a Filipina maid to a billionare Australian named Lang Hancock. It didnt take her long to jump in his bed. Interesting story. The general public all thought she was a whore. If she wasnt asian then it might have been a different opinion

No, I'd sleep with one man for half a million and I'm not a prostitute.

By definition you are a prostitute if you have sex with anyone for money. It doesn't matter if it's one person or one-thousand.

by your definition.. most all non working wives are prostitutes then.. what crap!

Well if they are sitting on their ass all day, not working, with no kids, and the maid comes to clean up after them then they aint really contributing to the house hold are they? And then if they ditch you and fleece you for your hard earned cash then well...lets just call a spade a spade hey?

I think that is over-reacting. If my wife was there, then I probably would. If my wife was there, she would have punched him.

I think mine maybe would have tazered him and then stabbed him. Then would have asked around for a gun

• Like 1

Ping pong anyone.

When she is wearing tiny mini skirt, gold all around and he is wearing chang or singha singlet with flip flops, there is no need to ask

Try the high-so ladies, butterfly tattoo's are good and my favourite is the name of a man like "David" Mark" John" etc, usually in large letters across the stomach or breasts.

I often wonder why those with men names on them do not put a tattoo on the forehead saying" i am stupid"

• Like 1

Most commentators on the subject,that don't,have some knowledge of Thailand.

Repeat what they have heard,probably from a mate that has visited once,Pattaya,Bangkok.

Ignoramus

Who cares what they think.

The OP

Aaand yet you posted... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Back to Post #1, I just choose to remind myself:

- Don't talk with strangers, at least without keeping in range the nearest exit.

- If you must talk with them, don't have a drink with them.

- When asked if you have a wife or a girlfriend, just say 'Both!' and make a quick exit as they try to fathom your response.

Don't go into bars that cater for (male) tourists.

That solves all potential problems.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Ping pong anyone.

Especially if 'boom boom' and 'ting tong' are commonly used.
  • Like 1

This thread's been amusing. I mean, here we are berating the OP's tourist drinking buddy for daring to ask if his wife was ever a bargirl when each day, without fail, the mere mention of a forum member's wife or girlfriend prompts similar questions from people who've lived here for years.

At least the tourist had inexperience as a defense for his ignorance.

What excuse does the TV forum's membership use to defend theirs?

Funny that that was precisely the thought I had just prior to reading your post.

It makes me sick that this idea is so prevalent among visitors or people who have never been here but while it tends to wind me right up when I am confronted with it (I actually got physical in one extreme case) there's a reason why the image exists among (not especially bright) people who have never been here or are tourists.

But there are people who have been here for years - indeed some on this forum - who still think this way (or at least speak/post as if they do); that's REALLY fugged up.

• Like 1

Back to Post #1, I just choose to remind myself:

- Don't talk with strangers, at least without keeping in range the nearest exit.

- If you must talk with them, don't have a drink with them.

- When asked if you have a wife or a girlfriend, just say 'Both!' and make a quick exit as they try to fathom your response.

Don't go into bars that cater for (male) tourists.

That solves all potential problems.

DO not go to bars full stop, stick to temple's, Wat Chai is a great place to hang out, also a great chance of meeting few mia nois after work giggle.gif

Especially if 'boom boom' and 'ting tong' are commonly used.

'Boom boom' is used by almost all Thais, 'ting tong' isn't, from what I hear.

Most western people don't seem to understand that it is their society and their male/female relationships that are seriously messed up, while Thailand is the more normal way of life (by historical standards anyway).

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican