Do Tourists All Think Expats Are Married To Ex-'working Girls'?

Neeranam

Going to Pattaya is like going to Adult Disneyland, you cant marry a mickey mouse cos her place is still in Disneyland.smile.png Just my silly Philosophy. tongue.png

I thought mickey mouse was a male not a "her"

lolcheesy.gif .. I mean in a similar way in terms of marrying a bargirl/Ladyboy.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

It is also an assumption made by most Thais .

A few years ago my wife and I stayed in a hotel in Phuket for three weeks, when I paid the bill the manager had added a "guest charge" for each night. When I asked what it was for he said "for your lady friend stay every night"

No I didn't punch him but I did insist he apologised to my wife in front of all the hotel reception staff, big loss of face. thumbsup.gif

Tourists hold to many absurd and untrue stereotypes about Thailand, particularly regarding the sex industry:

"All sex workers are exploited/doing it against their will"

"All customers of sex workers are fat, balding, and in their 50s-70s"

"All (or most) Thai women are "available" for a price"

The list goes on and on. What can you do? People believe what they hear, and much of what they hear is wrong.

Anyway, he was offensive and had no right saying that to you.

Yep, you got that just about right................thumbsup.gif

In all honesty, why would a tourist NOT think that...??? Most tourists wouldn't know any better if they haven't been educated to the contrary.

I live in Thailand so I know better but a tourist sees expat men with mostly Thai women in the main.

Very rude drinking company you had! Hope you said thank you and walked away!

Not all do, i think. But a lot of tourists are prejudiced, sadly.

I did make an exit about 10 minutes later. I joked that I hoped that my wife was never a bar prostitute thinking what an incredible xxxx the guy was.

How would others respond?

Tourists think it, expats know it.

• Like 1

I did make an exit about 10 minutes later. I joked that I hoped that my wife was never a bar prostitute thinking what an incredible xxxx the guy was.

Good on you!

And good follow up question: How would you respond if a farang you do not know, out of the blue suggests your wife was an ex pro?

I would tell him, the drink must be making him dizzy and confused, we're talking about my wife, not his mother! :D

I find it ironic that quite a few of us (I assume) have come here to get far away from the many over-demanding Western women. The ones that demand that we are good looking, great lovers, great fathers, great minds, have well-paid jobs, are real men and, oh, sensitive all at the same time.

At least here, all you need is money tongue.png

Edited by euroflash
  • Like 1

I've heard more than a couple of guys who were married to Thai's comment about how these guys that marry bar girls and

get screwed over are getting what they deserve, or words to that effect. I guess being judgmental is all relative.

I guess next somebody is going to get judgmental on a 30 year age difference, Live and let live.

I did make an exit about 10 minutes later. I joked that I hoped that my wife was never a bar prostitute thinking what an incredible <deleted> the guy was.

I would have punched him in the face.

The drinking company was definitely rude, but although my wife was never a bargirl, all my farang friends wives are, and apart from two, they are still together. there is nothing wrong with bargirls or prostitution, as long as no one is getting hurt or forced to do anything against their wishes. No one has any right to tell people what they can or cannot do with their own bodies.

• Like 1

Define prostitute. Is that were a women sleeps with a man for money? So after 20 years of marriage if the woman gets half a million dollar settlement does that make her a whore? Or is this term used only when its a cash transaction on the night?

Of course it doesn't make her a prostitute - prostitution is a job and involves sleeping with many men.

But if you sleep with one man for half a million then they arent? Just seems its a question of price and race. Google Rose Hancock who was a Filipina maid to a billionare Australian named Lang Hancock. It didnt take her long to jump in his bed. Interesting story. The general public all thought she was a whore. If she wasnt asian then it might have been a different opinion

No, I'd sleep with one man for half a million and I'm not a prostitute.

Then wouldn't you be after you woke up and the transaction had taken place?

What is they said in medical school? When you hear the sound of hoof beats think of horses not zebras. Sorry many "Thai Wives" are not ex-working girls, some just marry farangs and now full time work.

Now that I have offended a lot of the readers here, the one with "Thai wives" that never were "working girl" nor could be mistaken as such, know what I am talking about. They are the ones that are not upset ... the rest of you that are upset by that statement will never will get it... But keep being offended.

That's the reason why when I see a farang the first thing to do is to avoid them and is they speak to me I answer them in chinese, cuz at least in my personal experience, most of the farang that i've met here are nothing more that white trash.

Without seeing the wife, its very rude.

HOWEVER, when i see a 20 something married to 60 somethings, i am positive she is married for bank account love.

I know 3 of my neighbors will strongly disagree, perhaps the reason why all 3 are broke and in debt, while the loving wives do not work or do anything but sit around chatting.

All 3 even need a live in maid to look after 2 bedroom townhouse and brothers come to visit every time husbands are away

When you see an old, fat, facial haired, tattooed, simmet wearing, shorts wearing Farang, with a much younger pretty girl, it is 100% money, and no love involved whatsoever on the girls part. Anyone who says different is either very stupid or a liar.

The expats really don't care what the tourists think and the Thai's don't care what the tourists or the expats think, the only people who get upset about all of this is the tourists who don't understand in the first place and nobdy cares what they think or say!

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

Me and the wife went to an arab restaurant in early sukhumvit. When walking back to the bts some guy grabbed my wifes ass. I was walking 3 steps ahead cause the footpath is narrow with street sellers and all their crap.

She only told me about 30 seconds later when she caught up to me.

I was so pissed off. Still boils my blood thinking about it.

That is what happened to my GF (at the time) in the case I mentioned when I got physical...and after I smacked him in the face, hthe guy with him pissed me off even more with a comment that still resonates 20 years later in response to my explanation of why I had punched his friend, "This is THAILAND mate..."

The inference being either that because it's Thailand, they are all hookers or it doesn't matter. Ignorant about Thailand, sure. but I happen to feel bargirl a don't deserve to be grabbed on the street any more than my girlfriend did or my wife (or anyone's wife) or any other woman anywhere...

I have always stated on this forum that I would never get involved with a Thai in a physical situation as I would probably have to take on another six, but in Steele Joes place, yes, I would have done the same.

While many were never BGs or Pros. Unfortunately 95% were pro ams! especially if they went to University smile.png

Also if your non BG wife ( Not the Op's) speaks 3 European languages it is highly unlikely she learnt them in school.cheesy.gif

(Citation if required a couple of decades personal experience in Asia; Thailand, PI, Indonesia).

All this proves is that you have spent some decades around Thai, Filipina and Indonesian prostitutes. Not all of us run with that crowd.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. When I announced to family and friends in the UK about my retirement plans in LOS they nearly all made an assumption that I was turning into a "sex tourist". And recently when in a beach resort in Bang Tao Bay Phuket with my TGF I could see tourists of all ages "looking down" on us. My GF felt very uncomfortable in those surroundings. There's nothing queerer than folk as some one once pointed out. Prejudice comes in all kinds of guises!

• Like 1

The actual percentage of foreigners married to ex-working girls may be very negligible. The percentage of older farang expats married to young under-educated women with whom they have little in common and do not conform to normally perceived standards for a normal couple is very large. Unfortunately, in such cases, the man gets labelled as a sexpat. The woman is held in low esteem by

but i dont think they would be lumped with prostitutes.

Not to get technical, but she sells herself to someone who she is not attracted to and has nothing in common with, that would be a form of prostitution.

Taking money off someone for sex is prostitution, whether it is 1 person or 101. but as I said there is nothing wrong with prostitution as long as no one gets hurt or is forced in to anything they don't want to do.

Tourist are myopic.

When they come to find bargirls and prostitutes, they see all Thai women as being BGs and pros!

Should You know what assuming does.we all assume they all have fat, disgusting, greedy, piggish wives waiting for them to return home after their sex-tourist vacation in LOS?

No we shouldn't. We know what assuming does, don't we?

I wouldn't be surprised and I actually do not think that a high percentage of Farang-Thai marriages are genuine love marriages from both sides. No matter whether former bar girls or not. Face it, guys.

Quite right.

I am surprised that so many people are offended by the question. I know people who are very happy with ex-bar girls.

Thai girls all have the seed in them to be a working girl.

And romantic love might not exist in Thailand. All a question of 'you take care of me', i.e. you pay, and I take care of you.

The 3 governing principles in Thailand:

1-Take care

2-Generate money

3-Save face

Everything evolves around that in Thailand. So their love may be defined as being able to fulfill the 3 principles...

No, tourists don't think expats are married to bar girls because many expats are women.

But many tourists do think western males are relocating here to enhances their private life thanks to globalization (cheaper prostitutes/less demanding wives).

Many also think the same males expats are easy to complain when the deal is not to their advantage anymore

I wouldn't be surprised and I actually do not think that a high percentage of Farang-Thai marriages are genuine love marriages from both sides. No matter whether former bar girls or not. Face it, guys.

Quite right.

I am surprised that so many people are offended by the question. I know people who are very happy with ex-bar girls.

And romantic love might not exist in Thailand. All a question of 'you take care of me', i.e. you pay, and I take care of you.

1-Take care

2-Generate money

3-Save face

Everything evolves around that in Thailand. So their love may be defined as being able to fulfill the 3 principles...

You romantic fool !

Quite right.

1-Take care

2-Generate money

3-Save face

You romantic fool !

To be more precise, I am no longer romantic....just a fool...