Do Tourists All Think Expats Are Married To Ex-'working Girls'?

Neeranam

Recently went shopping with the wife ,early 30's, pretty, dresses well etc, parted company outside the bank ,where I had business to attend to.

Old Thai security guard started giving me the "nudge nudge wink wink " treatment . When I came out he grabbed my hand and with a big grin on his face tried to palm me a condom. I told him she was my wife ,but it didn't stop his charade . Now, I took it in good humour ,as did the missus ,when I told her ,although she wasn't that impressed !

So this guy obviously made an assumption based on us a couple .

Also , I wonder what would have happened if I'd landed one on him ???

Why do not you take a wild guess what would have happened if you landed one on a bank security guard:rolleyes:

If i had to bet, i would say you would have been shot in the head

I think you'd be right !

It was all good natured , if somewhat unexpected ! I guess it made his day and he must have guessed that I wasn't the type to take offence . Wonder if he would have done so with a Thai couple though ?

The answer would be never ever, because he knows better.

As some already said, profiling.smile.png

• Like 1

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly not a troll thread. I did have a drink with the guy, sprite - he had beer.

This is nothing about old guys. I suggest you read the OP again. You are being too hard on yourself.

Gotta agree with Banzai, just a troll. Alcoholics rarely hang in bars.

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls.

In the vicinity of all red light areas in the world, you will find clinics catering to the working girls and their clients. They are fluent in the language understood by their patients. Doctors in normal clinics/hospitals, and their clients, would not know and do not use the phrase 'boom boom'.

• Like 1

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls. Its certainly not a Thai word, dont know were it comes from but hear the thai lads working for me using the term, even when they are speaking among themselves...so another myth dispelled by the all knowing TV experts on Thai culture..if a Thai lady uses the term "boom" or "boom boom"..they must be hookers working in a bar

Ive heard 'tum gan bahn' to describe sexual intercourse. Ive been told it translates as to do homework. Im fairly sure its slightly less crude than boomsing or boom boom.

This is certainly not a troll thread. I did have a drink with the guy, sprite - he had beer.

This is nothing about old guys. I suggest you read the OP again. You are being too hard on yourself.

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls.

In the vicinity of all red light areas in the world, you will find clinics catering to the working girls and their clients. They are fluent in the language understood by their patients. Doctors in normal clinics/hospitals, and their clients, would not know and do not use the phrase 'boom boom'.
I agree, it's as ridiculous as a doctor saying 'ting tong'.

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls. Its certainly not a Thai word, dont know were it comes from but hear the thai lads working for me using the term, even when they are speaking among themselves...so another myth dispelled by the all knowing TV experts on Thai culture..if a Thai lady uses the term "boom" or "boom boom"..they must be hookers working in a bar

Ive heard 'tum gan bahn' to describe sexual intercourse. Ive been told it translates as to do homework. Im fairly sure its slightly less crude than boomsing or boom boom.

LOL at Boomsing clap2.gif

I suggest you visit Pattaya International and see what doctors know and what they do not.

Unless you believe male doctors are little angels who do not have mia nois and do not visit bars

The actual percentage of foreigners married to ex-working girls may be very negligible.

Yeah right,of course it is.............one in a million.......( Shaking my head in disbelief )

ThaiVisa members exempt of course, as we all know young attractive intelligent Thai Women queue up for old, fat, grey haired monstrosities 40 years older than them, as long as they have a ThaiVisa T-Shirt on.

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 2

Its certainly not a Thai word, dont know were it comes from but hear the thai lads working for me using the term, even when they are speaking among themselves...so another myth dispelled by the all knowing TV experts on Thai culture..if a Thai lady uses the term "boom" or "boom boom"..they must be hookers working in a bar

Maybe the lads working for you are the proverbial 'brothers' of 'good' girls married to unsuspecting farangs. Seriously, if you were ask about 'boom boom' to respectable colleagues in an office tower on Sathorn or Bangna, they would not relate it to sex.

Its certainly not a Thai word, dont know were it comes from but hear the thai lads working for me using the term, even when they are speaking among themselves...so another myth dispelled by the all knowing TV experts on Thai culture..if a Thai lady uses the term "boom" or "boom boom"..they must be hookers working in a bar

Maybe the lads working for you are the proverbial 'brothers' of 'good' girls married to unsuspecting farangs. Seriously, if you were ask about 'boom boom' to respectable colleagues in an office tower on Sathorn or Bangna, they would not relate it to sex.

or your work colleagues do not feel comfortable talking to youwhistling.gif

• Like 1

I suggest you visit Pattaya International and see what doctors know and what

Read my post again carefully and i quote again....++in the vicinity of all red light areas...+++

• Like 1

What they would relate it to?

Read my post again carefully and i quote again....++in the vicinity of all red light areas...+++

So Bangkok Hospital Pattaya or Bangkok Hospital Bangkok, would be out of vicinity? what is the official distance or radius in meters?

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

It is also an assumption made by most Thais .

I have a female Thai friend, quote hiso, who told me she will never marry a farang cos all Thais will think she is a lady of the night. How pervasive is this prejudice? Anyone else has this same feedback from a Thai friend ?

Perhaps she had the image of a balding, sweaty hippo in a khaki shorts, a singlet, socks and sandals in her mind when she made her statement.

I'm sure if a good-looking, younger and well-dressed guy expressed interest, she might be up for it.

The actual percentage of foreigners married to ex-working girls may be very negligible.

Yeah right,of course it is.............one in a million.......( Shaking my head in disbelief )

No, i am not saying that you are one in a million.

What they would relate it to?
maybe

http://www.boomboomresort.com/en/Submit-an-Article.html

or your work colleagues do not feel comfortable talking to you:whistling:

Perhaps? As they say, birds of a feather flock together?

Even in the UK I will get asked how we met. I told one guy we met on-line ( lie ) and told him that I had a 6 month guarantee with her and I had the option of trading her in for a newer model. The guy believed me and for 5min he was going "really" till I crushed his little fantasy. some people are so gullible

But I never go around asking people how they met there partner.

It just because you mention she Thai then all the salacious fantasies come out.

Ping pong anyone.

Yup, I play, You admit you did not " met on-line", so where did you buy her from ?

So Bangkok Hospital Pattaya or Bangkok Hospital Bangkok, would be out of vicinity? what is the official distance or radius in meters?

LOL..you caught me there! No hospital hete which is not in vicinity of a red light area.

Bap bap seems to be more common outside of bar areas.

So, what are you saying ?

You've lost me in translation.

I think you mean dap dap.

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

I have a female Thai friend, quote hiso, who told me she will never marry a farang cos all Thais will think she is a lady of the night. How pervasive is this prejudice? Anyone else has this same feedback from a Thai friend ?

Perhaps she had the image of a balding, sweaty hippo in a khaki shorts, a singlet, socks and sandals in her mind when she made her statement.

I'm sure if a good-looking, younger and well-dressed guy expressed interest, she might be up for it.

Where did she get that image from ? biggrin.png

I think you mean dap dap.

Maybe and jesturing banging together with their hands ?

So, what are you saying ?

You've lost me in translation.

Sorry, my english bad, drop it.

Where did she get that image from ? biggrin.png

Can't be sure but if she goes shopping at Emporium, Paragon or any other upmarket mall, she'll almost certainly have sighted a few of those 250-300lb hippos waddling down the street with their 100lb teeraks.

• Like 1

Can't be sure but if she goes shopping at Emporium, Paragon or any other
upmarket mall, she'll almost certainly have sighted a few of those
250-300lb hippos waddling down the street with their 100lb teeraks.//

Funny I´m there a lot and I hardly see any so... Yet perception maybe not my
strongest attribute as I don´t bother nose-diving into other people's businesses. coffee1.gif

If I would then it´s because they make it my business.

Edited by maxme

Me and the wife went to an arab restaurant in early sukhumvit. When walking back to the bts some guy grabbed my wifes ass. I was walking 3 steps ahead cause the footpath is narrow with street sellers and all their crap.

She only told me about 30 seconds later when she caught up to me.

I was so pissed off. Still boils my blood thinking about it.

So, a guy grabs your wifes ass, you are only 3 steps ahead of her, and it took her 30 seconds to let you know what had happened ?

Gotta love anonymous forums...... :)

Cant really blame them it has a reputation for it, personally I would not have been at all bothered by it. There is some strange phenomena in this country though as to why so many ladies marry guys 20+ years older, does seem unique and the fact that many of the guys have traveled at least half way around the world to find wifey in Thailand.

I know many guys who seem to be in total denial about the fact there first encounter cost them money.

Can't be sure but if she goes shopping at Emporium, Paragon or any other

upmarket mall, she'll almost certainly have sighted a few of those

250-300lb hippos waddling down the street with their 100lb teeraks.//

Funny I´m there a lot and I hardly see any so... Yet perception maybe not my

strongest attribute as I don´t bother nose-diving into other people's businesses. coffee1.gif

If I would then it´s because they make it my business.

Hey it ain't my business either but I was replying to arthurwait's question.

I live a couple of blocks from Emporium and I see lots of 'em so go figure.

I must say, you seem rather touchy about it; are you obese by any chance?

• Like 1