Do Tourists All Think Expats Are Married To Ex-'working Girls'?

Neeranam

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line between a girl working for a bar and then marrying one of the bars patrons, and the shop/office girl/waitress who marries a customer of the restaurant/store/office, is a very very thin one yet some seem to think that one is acceptable but the other is not, strange.

Is it really that hard to tell the difference between a bargirl (a girl who works in a bar whose job is to have sex for money) and a regular girl?

Dress, vocabulary, attitude and current employment combined paint a pretty clear picture to me.

I do not frequent bars but my "whore radar" is finely tuned....others, not so much it seems.

Is it really that hard to tell the difference between a bargirl (a girl who works in a bar whose job is to have sex for money) and a regular girl?

Dress, vocabulary, attitude and current employment combined paint a pretty clear picture to me.

I do not frequent bars but my "whore radar" is finely tuned....others, not so much it seems.

Well yes it is quite hard, in fact it's almost impossible in many cases, unless you want to sterotype both types of person. And frankly, whilst I accept that you may have significant experience in this area I seriously doubt that even you could tell the difference and be right in more than 70% of cases, think about it.

There's an extremely varied and wide spectrum of sex workers in Thailand (as there is presumably elsewhere but perhaps often not as prevalent). If you mean a girl from a go go bar then I'd wager most are pretty easy to spot but definitely not all (unless things have changed a lot from circa 25 years go when I knew that world and saw many bar girls in their daily life away from work).

But if you mean any girl who sells sexual services, it is absolutely not always apparent by any means. Not only are many sex workers well dressed and well mannered etc, but so called "good girls" these days are quite often dressed provocatively and so on (just as in the west).

I have to agree with SJ here.

Sex workers targeting the western foreigner market are pretty easy to spot.

Sex workers targeting the Thai and Asian market are very hard for non-Thai speakers to identify.

And the occasional 'office girl' or 'uni student' with a 'side-line', almost impossible for anyone to spot.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Sex workers targeting the Thai and Asian market are very hard for non-Thai speakers to identify.

And the occasional 'office girl' with a 'side-line', almost impossible for anyone to spot.

Indeed. However, as you will probably know, there are expats who also partake of the services of the higher end too (though fewer in number than those who patronize girls who are among the more obvious in their appearance and mannerisms).

And then there are lots of girls who would never consider themselves sex workers but they hang out in nice clubs and are available to generous guys with the right amount of money and nice gifts...and before someone says, "How is that different from girls anywhere?" I'm not going to get into that but I'm talking about girls who do ONLY that and no other job and who will have a series of guys rather than a boyfriend (or in addition to one) - and yes, such girls exist in other countries too.

But then we get into a whole other topic about gray areas and what defines a prostitute and blah blah blah....

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

chiang mai, on 02 May 2013 - 15:53, said:

The line between a girl working for a bar and then marrying one of the bars patrons, and the shop/office girl/waitress who marries a customer of the restaurant/store/office, is a very very thin one yet some seem to think that one is acceptable but the other is not, strange.

+6

Working for a bar? It all depends on what she is pulling.

There's an extremely varied and wide spectrum of sex workers in Thailand (as there is presumably elsewhere but perhaps often not as prevalent). If you mean a girl from a go go bar then I'd wager most are pretty easy to spot but definitely not all (unless things have changed a lot from circa 25 years go when I knew that world and saw many bar girls in their daily life away from work).

But if you mean any girl who sells sexual services, it is absolutely not always apparent by any means. Not only are many sex workers well dressed and well mannered etc, but so called "good girls" these days are quite often dressed provocatively and so on (just as in the west).

I have to agree with SJ here.

And the occasional 'office girl' or 'uni student' with a 'side-line', almost impossible for anyone to spot.

No disagreement here.

The context was a "bar prostitute".

But I have a few friends that use very high end working girls, and I have been fooled a few times. They are educated, articulate, well dressed and accessorized and blessed with good genes.

In contrast, the average bar girl has none of these attributes, and usually has a tattoo, scar, piercing, flat feet, dark skin, purple nipples and speaks pigeon English...

• Like 1

Define prostitute. Is that were a women sleeps with a man for money? So after 20 years of marriage if the woman gets half a million dollar settlement does that make her a whore? Or is this term used only when its a cash transaction on the night?

Can a person be that stupid ? Are you trying to justify a prostitute for your next wife ?

Define prostitute. Is that were a women sleeps with a man for money? So after 20 years of marriage if the woman gets half a million dollar settlement does that make her a whore? Or is this term used only when its a cash transaction on the night?

Can a person be that stupid ? Are you trying to justify a prostitute for your next wife ?

Why would you care?

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

It is also an assumption made by most Thais .

correct

Yes, it is correct, that most thais think farangs usually marry prostitutes here in LOS. They also think farangs are not too smart because of this.

When you look at all those students selling themselves in some places, I'd not know the difference between those who do and those who do not if I saw them all in uniform.

When you look at all those students selling themselves in some places, I'd not know the difference between those who do and those who do not if I saw them all in uniform.

Its easy, look out for the one who is winking and smiling at youbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Or saying "hello haandsome man"...even though you are a an obsese, bald smelly farang..

Or saying "hello haandsome man"...even though you are a an obsese, bald smelly farang..

You should probably take that as a compliment :)

Ok, a serious question. In reality if you met a lady who is little mature(older) how would you really know who and what she did before?

For example, i have a neighbor, Thai in her mid 40's married to a foreigner, all seems honky dory. HOWEVER

This is her 4th husband(foreigner) and she cleaned out the first 3. All neighbors know this, only the husband does not seem to have a clue.

On the surface she owns a house, has a new car, dresses well, but beneath that, she was simply a skimming hooker.

Another example, is my real estate agent in BKK(few years ago) she was in her late 30's, nice car, condo, agency.

Once as a joke i asked her to come to soi cowboy to look some shows,i guess my question was little unexpected and she replied, she has done that and

been there, worked for years before she got married.

I guess what i am trying to say is that you never really know of her past.

Personally i am confused.

All i hear this days is you very hansom man if you loose your stomach.

So does that mean she is interested? or she wants me to loose weight before she becomes interested?giggle.gif

Even in the UK I will get asked how we met. I told one guy we met on-line ( lie ) and told him that I had a 6 month guarantee with her and I had the option of trading her in for a newer model. The guy believed me and for 5min he was going "really" till I crushed his little fantasy. some people are so gullibleBut I never go around asking people how they met there partner.It just because you mention she Thai then all the salacious fantasies come out.Ping pong anyone. When she is wearing tiny mini skirt, gold all around and he is wearing chang or singha singlet with flip flops, there is no need to askDragons and Scorpions tattooed on the lady is generally a dead giveaway tooEspecially if 'boom boom' and 'ting tong' are commonly used.

'Jing jing' and 'I lub you sure' also raises eyebrows

So boom boom is the Thai word for sex? Interesting. I have only heard it in bars. Do they have like boom boom clinics in the hospitals?

Once on a visit to gynecologist with my Ex, he asked if we boom and not shower?

I knew it was time to run, she wanted to stay.

The outcome was, The well educated and well spoken doctor came to conclusion that she was pregnant because we boom without the shower

Ok, a serious question. In reality if you met a lady who is little mature(older) how would you really know who and what she did before?

For example, i have a neighbor, Thai in her mid 40's married to a foreigner, all seems honky dory. HOWEVER

This is her 4th husband(foreigner) and she cleaned out the first 3. All neighbors know this, only the husband does not seem to have a clue.

On the surface she owns a house, has a new car, dresses well, but beneath that, she was simply a skimming hooker.

Another example, is my real estate agent in BKK(few years ago) she was in her late 30's, nice car, condo, agency.

Once as a joke i asked her to come to soi cowboy to look some shows,i guess my question was little unexpected and she replied, she has done that and

Or they yours.......

Who really wants to get down to the nitty gritty with their wife and discuss past conquests?

So boom boom is the Thai word for sex? Interesting. I have only heard it in bars. Do they have like boom boom clinics in the hospitals?

Once on a visit to gynecologist with my Ex, he asked if we boom and not shower?

I knew it was time to run, she wanted to stay.

The outcome was, The well educated and well spoken doctor came to conclusion that she was pregnant because we boom without the shower

My Mrs used to start giggling when I used play the John Lee Hooker song "Boom Boom" and then i realised what she was giggling at...

Or they yours.......

Who really wants to get down to the nitty gritty with their wife and discuss past conquests?

I might be crazy, but i always thought part if being married is knowing your partners past not to be surprised or shocked.smile.png

No it isn't.

No it is not the Thai word for sex.

Try writing it in Thai and googling it and you can see that it's not used.

Only girls who have been around foreigners use it.

Here's a few ignorant tourists discussing Thai women.

They are called "Gold Diggers " I believe and as far as I have seen they are not unique to Thailand, I have seen

them everywhere I have worked and lived in the world. And yes the world is full of gullible people of all ages, not

just Thailand. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Nice work Neeranam, great Troll thread, you had a drink with a 60 year old Farang, yet you say you haven't had a drink for 14 years as you're an Alcoholic, it's confusing.

Yes, of course you could have been drinking milk, but it don't come across that way, you wan't to give the impression that it was a meeting we can all relate to, again, nice work, but you have told of your alcoholism many times, so your imaginary tale of having a drink, sorry, it don't work.

I have been here in Thailand since 1990, and apart from members of anonymous internet forums ( where people lie through their teeth), most guys who come here as tourists have a very limited pool to swim in, unless you know people who have lived here for years, it will be difficult to meet women outside the normal venues, it's a fact, I don't care what ThaiVisa members say, the fact is, in the vast majority of cases, old Farangs meet their women in bars, and so do most young tourists for that matter.

I know, I had a Bar for years.

Of course this s a Troll thread by a guy who has been here a long time and knows the score here. These threads are made to make the old guys feel bad, simple as that.

For me, I have a Japanese GF and we share a Thai girlfriend, works for us, and we met her in a bar ! :)

Oh, I'm such a loser....:)

• Like 2