Do Tourists All Think Expats Are Married To Ex-'working Girls'?

Neeranam

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Neeranam, great Troll thread, you had a drink with a 60 year old Farang, yet you say you haven't had a drink for 14 years as you're an Alcoholic, it's confusing.

Yes, of course you could have been drinking milk, but it don't come across that way, you wan't to give the impression that it was a meeting we can all relate to, again, nice work, but you have told of your alcoholism many times, so your imaginary tale of having a drink, sorry, it don't work.

I have been here in Thailand since 1990, and apart from members of anonymous internet forums ( where people lie through their teeth), most guys who come here as tourists have a very limited pool to swim in, unless you know people who have lived here for years, it will be difficult to meet women outside the normal venues, it's a fact, I don't care what ThaiVisa members say, the fact is, in the vast majority of cases, old Farangs meet their women in bars, and so do most young tourists for that matter.

I know, I had a Bar for years.

Of course this s a Troll thread by a guy who has been here a long time and knows the score here. These threads are made to make the old guys feel bad, simple as that.

For me, I have a Japanese GF and we share a Thai girlfriend, works for us, and we met her in a bar ! smile.png

Oh, I'm such a loser....smile.png

This is certainly not a troll thread. I did have a drink with the guy, sprite - he had beer.

This is nothing about old guys. I suggest you read the OP again. You are being too hard on yourself.

Ok, a serious question. In reality if you met a lady who is little mature(older) how would you really know who and what she did before?

For example, i have a neighbor, Thai in her mid 40's married to a foreigner, all seems honky dory. HOWEVER

This is her 4th husband(foreigner) and she cleaned out the first 3. All neighbors know this, only the husband does not seem to have a clue.

On the surface she owns a house, has a new car, dresses well, but beneath that, she was simply a skimming hooker.

Another example, is my real estate agent in BKK(few years ago) she was in her late 30's, nice car, condo, agency.

Once as a joke i asked her to come to soi cowboy to look some shows,i guess my question was little unexpected and she replied, she has done that and

been there, worked for years before she got married.

I guess what i am trying to say is that you never really know of her past.

Or they yours.......

Who really wants to get down to the nitty gritty with their wife and discuss past conquests?

I might be crazy, but i always thought part if being married is knowing your partners past not to be surprised or shocked.smile.png

It is my past that I wouldn't want to sit there blabbing on about.... I am an ex sex tourist as I dare say are many commenting on here, you think it is healthy to sit there telling someone you love about how you trawled soi 6 pattaya or how every Sunday started off with a soapy massage?

yes it's great knowing each other and talking and sharing life experiences, but parts of the past are best left there in my opinion thumbsup.gif

I do not think it would be wise to go into details, however would be wise to mention that you did have "boom boom" with multiple lady's

Past always defines present and future.

• Like 1

This is certainly not a troll thread. I did have a drink with the guy, sprite - he had beer.

This is nothing about old guys. I suggest you read the OP again. You are being too hard on yourself.

Gotta agree with Banzai, just a troll. Alcoholics rarely hang in bars.

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Lemon says his Thai doctor used 'boom' so it clearly isn't confined to bar girls.

May be the Thai doctor learned his English from the mia noi, who was from the bartongue.png

• Like 2

We weren't even in a bar. Do you know many alcoholics? I do and many go to bars regularly.

Ok, a serious question. In reality if you met a lady who is little mature(older) how would you really know who and what she did before?

For example, i have a neighbor, Thai in her mid 40's married to a foreigner, all seems honky dory. HOWEVER

This is her 4th husband(foreigner) and she cleaned out the first 3. All neighbors know this, only the husband does not seem to have a clue.

On the surface she owns a house, has a new car, dresses well, but beneath that, she was simply a skimming hooker.

Another example, is my real estate agent in BKK(few years ago) she was in her late 30's, nice car, condo, agency.

Once as a joke i asked her to come to soi cowboy to look some shows,i guess my question was little unexpected and she replied, she has done that and

been there, worked for years before she got married.

I guess what i am trying to say is that you never really know of her past.

Or they yours.......

Who really wants to get down to the nitty gritty with their wife and discuss past conquests?

I might be crazy, but i always thought part if being married is knowing your partners past not to be surprised or shocked.smile.png

It is my past that I wouldn't want to sit there blabbing on about.... I am an ex sex tourist as I dare say are many commenting on here, you think it is healthy to sit there telling someone you love about how you trawled soi 6 pattaya or how every Sunday started off with a soapy massage?

yes it's great knowing each other and talking and sharing life experiences, but parts of the past are best left there in my opinion thumbsup.gif

I do not think it would be wise to go into details, however would be wise to mention that you did have "boom boom" with multiple lady's

Past always defines present and future.

What's done is done, theres no changing it....it's what happens moving forward that matters....

My missus isn't silly and knows I lived and worked in Pattaya for best part of 8 years as a young single man, I think that's enough to tell her and let her work it out for herself rather than me regurgitating all I did when I was a single man and effectively ramming it down her throat....

I do not recommend to anybody to casually start talking to their wife about what they were up to previous to meeting them and vice-versa......personally I do not see what their is to gain from it, if your experience is different then please by all means share with us what went down?

You may change my view on it all

• Like 2

Its certainly not a Thai word, dont know were it comes from but hear the thai lads working for me using the term, even when they are speaking among themselves...so another myth dispelled by the all knowing TV experts on Thai culture..if a Thai lady uses the term "boom" or "boom boom"..they must be hookers working in a bar

• Like 1

norrona, on 02 May 2013 - 20:56, said:

What's done is done, theres no changing it....it's what happens moving forward that matters....

My missus isn't silly and knows I lived and worked in Pattaya for best part of 8 years as a young single man, I think that's enough to tell her and let her work it out for herself rather than me regurgitating all I did when I was a single man and effectively ramming it down her throat....

I do not recommend to anybody to casually start talking to their wife about what they were up to previous to meeting them and vice-versa......personally I do not see what their is to gain from it, if your experience is different then please by all means share with us what went down?

I certainly would not be having this conversation to a wife, usually these sort of conversations are had before the wedding or even before asking to marry:thumbsup:

I certainly would not be having this conversation to a wife, usually these sort of conversations are had before the wedding or even before asking to marry:thumbsup:

you took it quite literal when I said wife....how about girlfriend/fiancee in it's place?

I doff my cap to how open and honest you are about things, so how did it go down when you bared your soul to the missus before popping the question and how did she reciprocate?

You know people lie in life don't you.....in fact everybody lies whistling.gif

Edited by norrona

I doff my cap to how open and honest you are about things, so how did it go down when you bared your soul to the missus before popping the question and how did she reciprocate?

Actually i am not married and not planning to get married any time soon.

With Ex's i do not hide what i have done, but do not go into details of who, when, and how many

The actual percentage of foreigners married to ex-working girls may be very negligible. The percentage of older farang expats married to young under-educated women with whom they have little in common and do not conform to normally perceived standards for a normal couple is very large. Unfortunately, in such cases, the man gets labelled as a sexpat. The woman is held in low esteem by

but i dont think they would be lumped with prostitutes.

• Like 2

The actual percentage of foreigners married to ex-working girls may be very negligible. The percentage of older farang expats married to young under-educated women with whom they have little in common and do not conform to normally perceived standards for a normal couple is very large. Unfortunately, in such cases, the man gets labelled as a sexpat. The woman is held in low esteem by

Not to get technical, but she sells herself to someone who she is not attracted to and has nothing in common with, that would be a form of prostitution.

Not to get technical, but she sells herself to someone who she is not attracted to and has nothing in common with, that would be a form of prostitution.
It more often than not a simple business transaction where both parties benefit in some way, until the one who benefits the most realizes they can get it all without the other one.

Recently went shopping with the wife ,early 30's, pretty, dresses well etc, parted company outside the bank ,where I had business to attend to.

Old Thai security guard started giving me the "nudge nudge wink wink " treatment . When I came out he grabbed my hand and with a big grin on his face tried to palm me a condom. I told him she was my wife ,but it didn't stop his charade . Now, I took it in good humour ,as did the missus ,when I told her ,although she wasn't that impressed !

So this guy obviously made an assumption based on us a couple .

Also , I wonder what would have happened if I'd landed one on him ???

It more often than not a simple business transaction where both parties benefit in some way, until the one who benefits the most realizes they can get it all without the other one.

So in short, Pattaya is full of business women.

Recently went shopping with the wife ,early 30's, pretty, dresses well etc, parted company outside the bank ,where I had business to attend to.

Old Thai security guard started giving me the "nudge nudge wink wink " treatment . When I came out he grabbed my hand and with a big grin on his face tried to palm me a condom. I told him she was my wife ,but it didn't stop his charade . Now, I took it in good humour ,as did the missus ,when I told her ,although she wasn't that impressed !

Why do not you take a wild guess what would have happened if you landed one on a bank security guardrolleyes.gif

If i had to bet, i would say you would have been shot in the head

• Like 1

Actually i am not married and not planning to get married any time soon.

With Ex's i do not hide what i have done, but do not go into details of who, when, and how many

Ok, you do not hide what you have done, but you don't announce it do you?

Or do you....that may be why they are Ex's?

Fair enough not getting married, from what I gather you are involved in the bar scene in Pattaya?....wise move staying single if so thumbsup.gif

I think you would have been justified in doing so

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

It is also an assumption made by most Thais .

I have a female Thai friend, quote hiso, who told me she will never marry a farang cos all Thais will think she is a lady of the night. How pervasive is this prejudice? Anyone else has this same feedback from a Thai friend ?

Fair enough not getting married, from what I gather you are involved in the bar scene in Pattaya?....wise move staying single if so thumbsup.gif

IF you mean, do i start off a conversation with what i have done? well NO, while i am open, i am certainly not retarded.

They are ex's because when i learned about their past, i was not going to even try the future.

Just as some were simply too narrow minded for me to even bother, but the main reason was/is i am too tired from work to do "extra work"

No, i am not in the bar scene, as a matter of fact, i am lucky to hit some bars once a month. I am in Hotel scene and work 16 hour days, 7 days/week:wai2:

Given the areas that tourists visit and that most foreigners meet their ladies because the ladies are also looking to meet them ,be it through the entertainment industry or on-line dating , I would say that the assumption is accurate.

I have a female Thai friend, quote hiso, who told me she will never marry a farang cos all Thais will think she is a lady of the night. How pervasive is this prejudice? Anyone else has this same feedback from a Thai friend ?
Yes, many times.

I think you would have been justified in doing so

Priest would have second that at a funeral

I wouldn't be surprised and I actually do not think that a high percentage of Farang-Thai marriages are genuine love marriages from both sides. No matter whether former bar girls or not. Face it, guys.

Where do you get your facts from ? If everyone can make a pronouncement just by 'thinking' this is gonna be a chaotic world !!

very true and one of the reasons why wealthy Thai family's do not allow their daughters to marry foreigners no matter the age.

very true and one of the reasons why wealthy Thai family's do not allow their daughters to marry foreigners no matter the age.

Wealthy Thai families are mostly have Chinese roots and don't want their daughters to marry a Thai either.

• Like 1

IF you mean, do i start off a conversation with what i have done? well NO, while i am open, i am certainly not retarded.

They are ex's because when i learned about their past, i was not going to even try the future.

Just as some were simply too narrow minded for me to even bother, but the main reason was/is i am too tired from work to do "extra work"

No, i am not in the bar scene, as a matter of fact, i am lucky to hit some bars once a month. I am in Hotel scene and work 16 hour days, 7 days/week:wai2:

my mistake on your profession.....I was very similar to you when I lived out there with regards to work etc, 1 day off a week and the the one women I did have living with me briefly, got jealous of my working hard and making money to benefit our future.... the last straw was when I came home late from work dead on my feet after a manic but successful day and someone had told her they'd seen me on soi 7 in a bar with another lady......

anyways back on topic....the 60 year old who thinks all thai women are on the game is nothing new and has been around for years, in my life time I doubt it will ever change thumbsup.gif

Why do not you take a wild guess what would have happened if you landed one on a bank security guard:rolleyes:

If i had to bet, i would say you would have been shot in the head

I think you'd be right !

It was all good natured , if somewhat unexpected ! I guess it made his day and he must have guessed that I wasn't the type to take offence . Wonder if he would have done so with a Thai couple though ?