Then I will know not to waste my perusing that section of the forum on
the assumption that those TV members who have a glass half empty view of
the country and its people will only post in that section, leaving the
rest of us to enjoy a more productive and enjoyable dialogue elsewhere
on TV.

motion seconded! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! signthaivisa.gif

We hope you enjoy your time here and decided to continue your membership.

Tip: That section already exists; it's goes by the euphemistic moniker "General topics"

Euphemistic being the operative word....obviously.

• Like 1

on TV.

Objection, your Honour!

Naming it "Complaints Forum" may create the impression that members express systematic and coherent points that follow common logic. sad.png

I was going to suggest it be called the "Grumpy Old Expats Forum" but decided that would be politically incorrect, and I'm all for being politically correct....at least some of the time, usually when I'm asleep.

Why making a separate forum if 91,3% of the content already are post with complaints and criticisms of Thailand, Thai culture, Thai people, Thai language, Thai driving, Thai politics etc. ?

On elementary schools Thai children are taught to never criticise anything, but farangs hardly do enything else, LOL laugh.png

Edited by rubberduck
  • Like 2

on TV.

Hmm... the majority of the forums on Thaivisa would be pretty quiet after such a move... coffee1.gif

coffee1.gif sorry............................coffee1.gif

Oh...Ok then, but Dad........can I borrow the car keys please?

No, stupid boy. laugh.png

Hummm ... though transam's engine may have been polished many times over the years, I believe the one pictured as his Avatar may not be a factual representation of his current capacity ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

So we should also have a Rose tinted spectacle version entitled "kowtow sheeple forum"?

that would only apply to an infinitely small number of postings in TV. fact is and remains that the majority of postings are complaints, contain derogatory remarks or are just plain stupid questions most of which start with "why...?"

• Like 1

So we should also have a Rose tinted spectacle version entitled "kowtow sheeple forum"?

that would only apply to an infinitely small number of postings in TV. fact is and remains that the majority of postings are complaints, contain derogatory remarks or are just plain stupid questions most of which start with "why...?"

Depends on where you realm, Sir Naam.

Dusty financing and real estate issues tend to attract negativism, obviously.

There are lots of happy places if you look good.thumbsup.gif But i agree with you on the "why..?" bit.

Edited by Dancealot

I witnessed a car crash last night everyone lucky to be alive, the driver was drunk as a skunk.

But then these two beautiful little butterflies flew passed bringing a smile to everyones faces.

• Like 1

I witnessed a car crash last night everyone lucky to be alive, the driver was drunk as a skunk.

But then these two beautiful little butterflies flew passed bringing a smile to everyones faces.

So are you implying that we should have a Zoology section as well? whistling.gif

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the fact OP is still participating in this thread, I would have thought it was a nice bait (Troll), to lure out all us complainers who are branded as Grumpy Old men.

tongue.png

If it wasn't for the fact OP is still participating in this thread, I would have thought it was a nice bait (Troll), to lure out all us complainers who are branded as Grumpy Old men.

tongue.png

Yeah, still keeping an eye on the thread, and it certainly wasn't a troll. There's a few other threads at the moment that are on the Grumpy old man theme as well. Somebody suggested that Grumpy Git was a better terminology because it takes out both the reference to age as well as gender. The gender thing doesn't worry me too much, but as Grumpy Git can refer to any age, it's probably a more accurate use of the vernacular as opposed to Grumpy Old Man.

As one of my favourite T-Shirts used to say, "Growing old is compulsory, growing up is entirely optional". smile.png

• Like 1