Proof Of Medical Insurance Proposed For 1 Year Visa

I assume that, if you already have medical insurance (I will have NYC teacher plan) that you can carry into retirement, that would satisfy any required future medical plan imposed by the Thai government or would I be assuming too much? After all, any foreign retiree who gets sick can fly back to their country for medical treatment within 25 hours or do medical plans usually cover the insured if living/visiting in a foreign country. Any thoughts on this one?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume that, if you already have medical insurance (I will have NYC teacher plan) that you can carry into retirement, that would satisfy any required future medical plan imposed by the Thai government or would I be assuming too much? After all, any foreign retiree who gets sick can fly back to their country for medical treatment within 25 hours or do medical plans usually cover the insured if living/visiting in a foreign country. Any thoughts on this one?

Extremely doubtful that IF there is any such requirement that a not in Thailand plan would suffice. Seriously I would say: NO. Talking about resident expats here. The potential tourism scheme would be something different and probably some kind of automatic extra fee for all.

My prediction hat says though there will be NO insurance requirements passed either for tourists or expats, that this is just a bunch of hot air as usual, but of course it's a possibility.

Edited by Jingthing