Thai Police Hard At Work.....

EyesWideOpen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he is no longer a member of the Thai Police Force

Or, he must wear a "Hello Kitty" arm patch for a whole week.

You are right, wifey just told me, he got fired.

Easy to recognize the number on the helmet, so his boss fired him immediately.

All over the local news.

Bagna - Trat (sorry for spelling) road.

I find it hard to believe he got fired, they normally transfer them if they been a bad boy.

Only thing he did wrong was getting caught on video, everybody know a police man can't live well on his salary and has to make extra money to support his family.

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe he got fired, they normally transfer them if they been a bad boy.

Only thing he did wrong was getting caught on video, everybody know a police man can't live well on his salary and has to make extra money to support his family.

Kind of hard to ignore it when more and more people in the kingdom talk about it, after it was shown on several national stations and went online.

His boss was put in an difficult position in front of the cameras.

Corruption, is cancer on the society.

Unfortunately, when a population more or less don't give a shit about the law, and choose to pay off Officials and law enforcement personnel whenever they break the law, then the population is part of the problem, and not only the ones taking the bribes.

It's just a different form of tax. In western countries we pay the police a good wage and expect them to do a good job. But, it all comes out of our tax budget. In Thailand the police are paid a pittance of a wage and are expected to make up the difference in bribery. How many westerners enjoy paying $300 fines for driving 15 km over the speed limit on a wide open highway with little or no traffic? It happens all the time in the west. How many people like paying a $100 fine for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign... even if there is no traffic? It happens all the time in the west. If I come to a traffic line-up in Canada I have to wait in line if I'm on a motorbike. In Thailand I can go between the traffic to the head of the line. There is something to be said for both systems... both good and bad. In many ways I prefer the Thai way to the over regulated methods in the west. In North America we keep trying to make laws to prevent stupidity but it doesn't work.

• Like 2

The first question I have, following the Thai politicians who are former policemen, which came first the corrupt poltician or the policeman?

Second question, what criteria is the move from policeman to politician based on, is it similar to testing for rank advancement, need, quota, or possibly what you know on someone else?

Is there anyone who knows the true number of people involved/paid, on police payrolls? Would be interesting to see the number of people on the payroll on the political side also.

Unfortunately, when a population more or less don't give a shit about the law, and choose to pay off Officials and law enforcement personnel whenever they break the law, then the population is part of the problem, and not only the ones taking the bribes.

what a crock of sh1t , corruption is a way of life , get used to it cos it will never go away ..........

• Like 2

Some do give a shit but are too afraid to do anything about it, lets face it thailand needs a revolution!
  • Like 1