Anyone Getting Dodgy/strange Internet Today And Last 24 Hrs With True?

davejonesbkk

Bangkok, near Bangna upper sukumwit area.

Yesterday my Gtalk kept signing in and out in Gmail, everything else was fine.

Today lots of random websites are incredibly slow and some will not resolve at all while others are fine.

Speedtest tells me everything is fine - even though I stopped believing that site a lot time ago

Pinged a few sites and servers around the world and getting random results from 50ms to unable to connect messages

Already tried rebooting/restarting everything and flushed dns.

Any suggestions? Getting irritated now and need to access a lot of websites :/

Yes, in spades. Truly miserable performance, though I am glad to hear that my misery has company.sad.png

And, strangely enough, Thaivisa is the slowest site for me. Like molasses, and at times, no go at all.

Edited by jellydog

I use TOT ADSL and for the past 48 hours it has not been up to snuff. Speeds lower than 56KBPs and general mayhem. Took 24 hours to download one movie! Whatever it is is netwide.......lol

I have 3BB in Pattaya and had problems a couple of days last week. When I called they said it was affecting everyone in the area. Now (late Tuesday, early Wednesday), it's very slow. Some things not opening at all, although earlier all seemed to be working fine.

For the past 48 hours the TOT service has been the worst I have ever seen. Called them and reported and as usual they did not visit me , call or do anything. Something has happened with the gate way. No way can I stream live TV from my sling box in the USA. Son checked sling box in his house in USA and it works OK. Checked the internet on my IPad, Mac Pro and IMac. Have 2 TOT ADSL lines and all are the same. FRIGGING AMAZING!

3BB Chaeng Wattana. Haven't noticed any problems. Using OpenDNS right now. Sometimes I get issues with that and I switch to googleDNS. With 3BB I have noticed that it is either all or nothing. Sadly nothing has happened to me twice in the past month when somebody "cut the cable" (as reported by 3BB call centre).

TOT Phuket. It has been pretty bad the past 48 hours. No tv, no gmail, on and off.

The ICT must be updating their censorship servers. whistling.gif

Argh. I just got (few hours ago) my TOT line working after 4 years of waiting and can not really understand what is happening.

At some times ping, traceroute etc work.. and after some time I simply do not get any responses.

http traffic to port 80 seems to be ok most of the time, but encrypted https to port 443 fails often. Therefore facebook and gmail do not work. Also imap connection imap.googlemail.com using secure ports fails.

Not fair.

I received an SMS from True Ultra High Speed the other day. Forget what it said exactly as I deleted it but it was something about True upgrading their service and that disruptions would occur.

Came home yesterday and no Internet (Cable) and no TV. Reset modem and decoder and everything worked fine.

True DOCSIS (cable) plan in western Bangkok. No problems over the last few days, or weeks, or months, etc (knock on wood...my head). Problem could be confined to certain areas or parts of the True system.

I've been seeing similar problems as many have reported. True screwing around with routing. Using a VPN has helped immensely.

Yep. It's not the DNS, it's their broken infrastructure and broken transparent http proxy.

I have the VPN running almost around the clock now. The best way to get around their incompetence.

• 2 weeks later...