"what’S The Worst Thing A Teacher Ever Said To You?" (Via Slate.com)

Concept blatantly copied from slate.com

I think it's an interesting question.

Thinking about it for a moment, I can't even recall a teacher who ever said anything all that bad or hurtful to me TO MY FACE, even in classes I was struggling in, and even in cases of teachers I hated. Probably they happened, but I don't recall.

But I do have a gem of a written comment from elementary school that was meant only for my parents eyes but I found it later. The report said something to the effect of that I did not enjoy "roughhousing" with the other boys. At the time in my culture anyway that was understood code for you've got a homo son in the making, do something about it (as if that's possible).

Anyway, I started the thread so that others could comment on bad things teachers said to you. I'm still amazed I don't remember any! Maybe I will later.

Now that we’ve thanked the good teachers, it’s time to recognize the bad
ones. The majority of teachers may be generous, dedicated,
inspirational, and kind. But in their midst are some of the most
unpleasant characters you encountered in your childhood. Remember them?
We sure do. Here are some of the most outrageous things teachers once
said to us at Slate.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/culturebox/2013/05/bad_teachers_on_twitter_what_s_the_worst_thing_a_teacher_ever_said_to_you.html

A teacher that I really disliked drove me to my home to have conference with my parents that was not going to go my way. I told her that I did not want to sit in front with here, because I was afraid of getting in an accident. She told me that I had a negative attitude, which was probably true at the time, but it had nothing to do with why I wanted to sit in the back seat alone.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I once had a seizure in class after PE in hot Miami. The math teacher, instead of sending me to the nurse, accuse me of being a drug addict and told me she really hated me.

Another example of quality education in the US.

the stupidest thing a teacher ever said to myself and my parent at a conference was "Are you sure his birthdate is correct? he doesn't act like a Libra should"

grade three, i can still remeber my mother apoplectic in response.

• Like 1

Who is that squeaking like a mouse - you cannot sing. I have never sung in public since and that was 55yrs ago. So much for my pop-scene aspirations in the early 1960's!!

Off topic, but for me it was the Twelve Days of Christmas, I had "3 French Hens," class was in tears. 6th grade, had 10 tries and croaked each one. haven't sung since. Blamed it on puberty.

Who is that squeaking like a mouse - you cannot sing. I have never sung in public since and that was 55yrs ago. So much for my pop-scene aspirations in the early 1960's!!

Our music teacher went through the whole class telling each 9 or 10 year old kid to stop singing and then start again, so he could find out who was the one who dared to sing out of tune - ME. I was then asked to step aside and not to join in the singing. I was mortified and likewise have never sung in public since. It may have seemed very small at that time, but it certainly had an impact.

Probably the worst thing I have actually been called by a teacher is "<deleted>". As in "(Surname) stand up. Very good. You're a <deleted>!!!!". I forget why, but our history teacher had these outbursts from time to time when upset. He christened another student 'Yorkie', because he said he would never amount to anything better than a truck driver (there was an advertisement for Yorkie chocolate bars on TV at the time which involved a truck driver).

There is a large hill ahead, whether it goes up or down we don't know. Written on my report card by the geograghy teacher

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

British?
Yes. Well we were, he was the first turban wearing Indian any of us had ever seen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bend over...

Extracurricular activities?

I'm so glad now that I didn't make this a poll ... coffee1.gif

No - corporal punishment.

Yeah, I got that one. Once had a nun pick me up off the floor by my tie and ask me "what makes you tick"?, Had a progressive chemistry teacher in high school who let students grade their own efforts. He said I "forced him to change his whole belief system when i gave myself straight A's".

HHHEEEEYYYAAAWWWWW. Everybody up. Fall in on the quad at 04:30, full packs and weapons. We're going for a little hike. - Sgt Major Gillespie

I spent most of my formative years in military school. To make matters worse, it was a Christian military school. It took decades to untangle the programming.

I once had a report card that said I was "aggressive towards his classmates". I was around six then and threw it away having opened it on the way home.

The girl who lived a couple of doors down spotted it and returned it to my dismay.

Shortly afterwards I discovered Scottish Bluebell matches......tongue.png

So watch it you lot! biggrin.png

When I was at school we used to go to a local shop at break time and buy a loaf of bread and two bags of crisps. We'd tear the loaf in half, remove the dough and fill the crust with crisps to make a big crisp sandwich. We'd then roll the dough up and flick it at each other. It could be quite painful. We did this one day and one of the dough balls hit a new teacher as he walked into our class for the first time. He caned all 31 of us laugh.png