Ford Ecosport Release?

Not so sure about it being a Girlie car.....

Back years ago Ford came out with the 'Fusion' [sort of jacked up Fiesta] big hit for the OAP's much easier to get in and out of then the fiesta for the older folk, must say I will look at this new baby for the same reason.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back years ago Ford came out with the 'Fusion' [sort of jacked up Fiesta] big hit for the OAP's much easier to get in and out of then the fiesta for the older folk, must say I will look at this new baby for the same reason.

Yeah, I joke about it, but really the term is "baby SUV." So, yes, sure guys will like it too, it's just an urban developing world runabout, ideal for flooding countries like Thailand and India. Curious to see how the guys will trick it out. I'm trying to imagine one with 20" rap star chrome spinning wheels and huge duelers. coffee1.gif

Yeah, I joke about it, but really the term is "baby SUV." So, yes, sure guys will like it too, it's just an urban developing world runabout, ideal for flooding countries like Thailand and India. Curious to see how the guys will trick it out. I'm trying to imagine one with 20" rap star chrome spinning wheels and huge duelers. coffee1.gif

LOL, not sure if dubs are going to suit it though.. maybe a 6" lift and some 35" MT's? :P

• 4 weeks later...

This EcoBoost engine is really an awfully impressive achievement. I have at least one family member hoping the Ecosport 1L will be matched with the auto tranny, then we'll be placing an order.

Even if it only comes in 1.5L 6AT, what competition does it have? wink.png

My order was placed a few days ago tongue.png

Hehe, does that mean the 18 year old gets an Ecosport for her b-day instead of a 1.7M CX-5? laugh.png Seriously, can one place an order now (those of us not insiders in the industry like yourself)? Yeah, the girlies in the families are going nuts over this cutie.

Indeed it does, but price vs the CX-5 wasn't really part of the criteria - After considering everything, the Ecosport is simply more appropriate as both a first car, and as a city runabout that will never have more than 4 waif-like girls in it smile.png

You might get some odd looks from the sale reps, but I'm pretty sure any Ford dealer would be happy to service your pre-booking - you might even get invited to the media drive event like my wife did (they had no idea at the time who she was) wink.png

Not sure what I did wrong today, but finally got time to go to the local Ford dealer, and wanted to put a deposit down on an Ecosport. NO CAN DO. They looked at us like we were aliens, and said they can't place orders until it is released.

So much for my superior negotiating talents. sad.png Maybe try in Bangkok? That dealer is not in BKK, but a large regional city.

• 2 months later...

Here are some pictures of the ecosport on Thai roads. Seen them driving around for the past month.

Clearly not a C seg derived crossover yet more road presence than the fiesta. Should be a great car especially for urban areas. I can see why the escape was put on ice with the new ecosport and refined everest there wont be a lot of room for the escape given the overlap and escapes projected pricepoints.

post-186327-0-02709000-1379389895_thumb.

post-186327-0-54973100-1379389908_thumb.

post-186327-0-73419400-1379389921_thumb.

Cannot find a price ?? few months and posts back was suggested would be around 800,000 baht, that would be a very good deal, will await price with interest.

Very good pictures, the one at the Gas/Petrol Station, well it looks a lot bigger then I thought...

Cannot find a price ?? few months and posts back was suggested would be around 800,000 baht, that would be a very good deal, will await price with interest.

Very good pictures, the one at the Gas/Petrol Station, well it looks a lot bigger then I thought...

Actual pricing won't be revealed until it gets launched in November, but prices are widely anticipated to be a consistent increment over the corresponding Fiesta model.

Noting the the Fiesta will also be getting a new range-topper in November as well, with the 1.0L ecoboost engine.

^ It should be 450-550 max. I'm sure we'll get screwed on prices like we always seem to.

Not much anyone can do about death or taxes - you just have to accept them for what they are tongue.png

Except in MEDC's consumer/public pressure often results in revisions to the taxation system. Don't get me started on income tax/revisions to big bike taxation or the recent sin tax hike (alcohol). The real solution to the tax problem is to go the Dutch routebiggrin.png

^ It should be 450-550 max. I'm sure we'll get screwed on prices like we always seem to.

Not much anyone can do about death or taxes - you just have to accept them for what they are tongue.png

Except in MEDC's consumer/public pressure often results in revisions to the taxation system. Don't get me started on income tax/revisions to big bike taxation or the recent sin tax hike (alcohol). The real solution to the tax problem is to go the Dutch routebiggrin.png

What is the Dutch route??

This EcoBoost engine is really an awfully impressive achievement. I have at least one family member hoping the Ecosport 1L will be matched with the auto tranny, then we'll be placing an order.

Trusted sources are confirming that the Thai Ecosport and Fiesta will indeed be offered with a 1.0L Ecoboost + 6 Speed powershift AT option in November.

Thanks for that great scoop! I just hope it's not too underpowered with the auto, but for us it will just be an urban runabout.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Imagine the economy in a small eco car! Any plans for that?

Thanks for that great scoop! I just hope it's not too underpowered with the auto, but for us it will just be an urban runabout.

Same drivetrain is going into the Fiesta - if the Swift is an eco-car, it can be called one too :)

They can keep any Ford here unreleased untill the learn how Customer Service Works. Perhaps some time spent studying Toyota and Honda MIGHT HELP. Dont give Me they all right where i am,Nationwide they are Crap.hit-the-fan.gif

If you were a mechanic technician, and had the choice of working for the rapidly expanding, market leading Toyota dealership network, or Ford, what would you choose?

What is the Dutch route??

Legalise prostitution and marijuana and tax them. Thailand has a huge problem with income tax as such a tiny proportion of the population meet the criteria to pay it coupled with income tax avoidance. Hence the government focuses on consumption taxes

• Like 1

Same drivetrain is going into the Fiesta - if the Swift is an eco-car, it can be called one too smile.png

If the fiesta could be kept below 1000k kg it would be fine and probably quite sporty to drive.

They can keep any Ford here unreleased untill the learn how Customer Service Works. Perhaps some time spent studying Toyota and Honda MIGHT HELP. Dont give Me they all right where i am,Nationwide they are Crap.hit-the-fan.gif

If you were a mechanic technician, and had the choice of working for the rapidly expanding, market leading Toyota dealership network, or Ford, what would you choose?

Toyota. Then I'd have an excuse for sleeping on the job.

It's not the technicians fault that Ford Dealerships are crap, it's the Owners - Big Bosses who are idiots. 4 Years ago i drove 120 kl with an appointment to Test drive a Focus TDCI in Sakon Nakhon. When i arrived they told me i had only 5 minutes as the Boss was taking the car to the airport,what a joke. Then last week i had Ford in Ubon call me after i had contacted Bangkok asking for a Test drive of a Focus 2lt - 5 door Sport plus. I made an appointment for the next day and drove 160kl to the showroom. When i arrived they asked me to wait a few minutes while they prepared the car, so after about 15 minutes the salesman, who spoke english came out with all his paperwork and started giving me his big spiel. I told him i didn't need any of that, i had reserched all about the car and wanted to testdrive it. He said, Sorry my Big Boss has taken the car out, we no have car for you to test drive today, you can come back tomorrow. I told them to ring the big boss and have him bring the car back but of course they wouldn't do that so i had to drive 160kl back home, all for nothing. They, Ford Dealers, are the biggest problem for Ford in my opinion and i am resigned to the fact that i am never destined to own a Ford in Thailand, maybe that is what was meant to be.

• Like 2

I agree with you on the management issues from Ford Thailand and their inability to educate their dealerships.. sometimes I wonder if Thai people in general are more open to learn from the Japanese than from their European (Western) counterparts.. On the other hand, if you need to drive 2 hours to the nearest Ford dealership because it's nice to live in the boondocks then I personally would go for the less exciting Civic or Altis as the nearest Toyota or Honda dealership which is probably just a 15 min drive wink.png

It's not the technicians fault that Ford Dealerships are crap, it's the Owners - Big Bosses who are idiots. 4 Years ago i drove 120 kl with an appointment to Test drive a Focus TDCI in Sakon Nakhon. When i arrived they told me i had only 5 minutes as the Boss was taking the car to the airport,what a joke. Then last week i had Ford in Ubon call me after i had contacted Bangkok asking for a Test drive of a Focus 2lt - 5 door Sport plus. I made an appointment for the next day and drove 160kl to the showroom. When i arrived they asked me to wait a few minutes while they prepared the car, so after about 15 minutes the salesman, who spoke english came out with all his paperwork and started giving me his big spiel. I told him i didn't need any of that, i had reserched all about the car and wanted to testdrive it. He said, Sorry my Big Boss has taken the car out, we no have car for you to test drive today, you can come back tomorrow. I told them to ring the big boss and have him bring the car back but of course they wouldn't do that so i had to drive 160kl back home, all for nothing. They, Ford Dealers, are the biggest problem for Ford in my opinion and i am resigned to the fact that i am never destined to own a Ford in Thailand, maybe that is what was meant to be.

Edited by sjonburi

So you're saying the dealer principals are crap *and* they get the staff Toyota, Honda and Isuzu didn't want... Sounds like a recipe for success to me :P

There is not much point judging dealers by test drive availability in Thailand, most avoid them like the plague or are stingy with time and distance. Toyota have been the worst in my experience with several dealers telling me there is no need to test drive, if I want the car - order it. ! managed to extract a Fortuner test drive out of one dealer a couple of years ago and it was in a customers car prior to delivery! Demonstrators offered at discounts do not seem to be common from the major brands so perhaps this is normal practice?

Edited by Jitar

No idea if still the same now a day, but UK most models of any make you could test drive for 24 hours, even over a weekend 48 hours... here is often difficult to even go around the block, some showrooms even have cars locked and I am not talking about expensive cars.

• 1 month later...