Positive Thinking,always Look On The Bright Side ?

RubbaJohnny

Reading some comments from members here in the best of all possible places reminds me of the ebullient ,effervescent and ever present optimism here.

I find it so wonderful that no one foresees danger,loss of face or rains.

Everyone's a winner and hail fellow well met attitude in western nations is usually reserved to used car vendors,politicians and serial calumnists.

Here with a lucky Jatukom,a rag blessed by an orange clad soothsayer one can barrel out of the pub with faulty brakes no insurance and feel confident that you will be lucky.As a falang always best to have a 'lucky' red note in case of special blessing from the brown chariot with blue lucky lamp!

For those coming the other way my tip is keep of the rds during the happy months!

I feel this also explains the use of the douceur ,the little envelope the tea money,in offices where monkeys brewing cha is as rare as the receipt book.Of course should the taxpayer require an audit trail they would require chequee or card transactions and strictly no cash.This would deny us the pleasure of providing little gifts which lubricate intercourse as deemed by heaven ,tradition and etiquette.

Each and everyone can join in the Lottery of the squeeze,so aptly know in Spanish as La Mordida (the little bite).

The loweliest vendor overcharging or short changing can feel they too are part of the same big lucky enterprise as an airport bidder or fill yoir boots rice middle person or fill your bib bonanza.

The fact that such characters are admired rather than reviled refects the utter failure of the Orange Mafia to maket the benefits of austerity.

I feel the plebs will need aspiration reorientation when China's boom deflates.

A western consumer thinks loss of 2 weeks dining out in Phuket is a blow.

Locals may discover when a devalued baht and no rice subsidy is part of the new strong regime to come that familiarity with self sufficiency is preferable to the loan shark.I do not wish to excite premature evacuation and suggest you take wise counsel from Palins foxy tea paty who seldom make errors with our N Korean allies etc.

Anyway time to pay for wifes lotto ticket once we have seen the last 3 digits of the Stink Yai Bans new car.

Some ignorant parvenus assert in a dishparaging fashion that there is here like Americky one law for the poor and one for the rich ,He plurrybus Unum and all that democratic I wash,however may I reveal there is no law for the rich here,money is the law and those who bow down before it are worshipped.Here bendeth the lesson.

Greetings from the best of all possible lands where you may rent your luck,special foreigners price bythe hour,90 days or balcony deal.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

"A boy asked RubbaJohnny, 'Have you seen my pills, they were labelled LSD?'

RubbaJohnny replies, f@@k the pills, have you seen the dragons in the kitchen?!"

(sorry, someone sent me that this afternoon, couldn't resist)

biggrin.png

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” - Winston Churchill

"Life's a merry-go-round, enjoy it. Don't imagine life is freefall from 30,000 feet with no parachute." - Me whistling.gif