Udon Thani To Chang Mai

jasperblubber2005

:o

sure hope someone can come up with an answer for this, i am coming to thailand in the first week in may and tried to book a flight from udon thani to chang mai with nok air, they are not taking credit cards from americans at this time ( fraud problems), can anyone recommend another "safe" airline that would get me from u/thani to c/mai.

does anyone know how long it takes to go by bus from those two cities, and can you recommend a travel agent that might be able to order my tickets, thanks again in advance

jasper

As Ajarn suggested above, they will do your leg work for you. Unfortunately Nok is the only carrier that does Udon/Chiangmai, and they wouldn't even take my Thai credit card last time I tried to book on line either, so don't feel too bad. I ended up going to the airport to buy the ticket.

The bus trip is quite lengthy, not quite sure how long, but takes around nine hours by private car, so probably twelve hours plus.

Hope all works out with your booking.

sure hope someone can come up with an answer for this, i am coming to thailand in the first week in may and tried to book a flight from udon thani to chang mai with nok air, they are not taking credit cards from americans at this time ( fraud problems), can anyone recommend another "safe" airline that would get me from u/thani to c/mai.

does anyone know how long it takes to go by bus from those two cities, and can you recommend a travel agent that might be able to order my tickets, thanks again in advance

jasper

call Nok direct.this is what i did.For some reason they are not processing overseas cards via their web site, but they will take details and bookings on the phone.They will send you a SMS for the confirmation etc

How long ago was this? I thought they started accepting non-Thai credit cards again?

Or is this specifically American banks/cards that don't want to do business with Thai companies?

Anyway, no other airlines fly direct between Udon and Chiang Mai. The alternative is flying through Bangkok.

Cheers,

Chanchao

what they told me was that they are working on way to eliminate credit card fraud and that the system is not up to snuff just yet, they did offer me the option of faxing my credit card information but i'm not to crazy about that it would seem i would be leaving myself open to every person who has access to that fax, what i wrote back to nok air, and this probably won't win me any friends at nok, is that they had six weeks before my trip and that if they couldn't verify my card in six weeks then there was no reason to fly with them ever.

i know i am thinking like an american here but how doe's eva air take a $1000, four thai hotels take another $250 and here i ask nok to go out on a limb for $64 and they say no way, just don't understand, anyway i sure appreciate the help i e-mailed the travel agency that was recommended earlier just waiting to hear from them now

jasper

I've been having a ding dong battle with Nok Air over the last few weeks over bookings. First I tried an on line booking with a Thai credit card as I had heard they were not accepting overseas cards.....The booking was rejected! I then e-mailed Nok asking them why my credit card was not being accepted. Thet replied saying that they didn't accept overseas cards. (patience required here) I then mailed them back saying that it was a Thai issued credit card, and I wanted to make an online booking. Their response cannot be conveyed here as it might start a race war. They implied that my card could be forged as it had a foriegn mame on it as opposed to a Thai name. Well the roof didn't seem too far that time I peeled myself off it! I had to bite the bullet, and go to the airport and purchase a ticket. Well the ticket was issued and I went to pay.........ok wait for it......"sorry we don't accept Amex, we only accept Visa and Mastercard" (more patience required here) OK I said "here's a Visa card......."excue me sir, this no good" and pray why is that? "It debit card and no good" All that means I said is that I have money in my account, and if your machine doesn't accept it, it means that I have no money in my account! I prefer debit to credit cards.

Well after a load of noise from both sides I payed cash. I won't go into the sequel as I covered it on another thread. The upshot is that if you need to go direct to Udon, unfortunately Nok is the only carrier. Flying to Khon Kaen via Bangkok is bad enough, but Udon is something else. It might take me longer, but I'll drive next trip...MM

• 2 years later...

Call or email to a travel agency in Udonthani, they can send you the "Nok air" e-ticket via email or fax. Just tell them your flight schedule and pay them by ATM bank transfer.

We are a local & worldwide travel agency, our office is at Prosri road in Udon city. Let us be your travel assistant, buy a ticket from Udon to Chiang Mai for you or anything else with a very small service fee. Just call to +66 42 248007 or email to [email protected] .

we also provided 30+ cars for renting.

Please have a look on our map at www.TheDeparture7.com

Note : For Nok air or any other low-cost airline tickets , The Earlier you book, The better Deal you will get !

post-60922-1208494167_thumb.jpg