Thai Soaps

2008bangkok

You posted this from your PC or tablet. I agree Thai soaps are execrable, but why not stick on some headphones and watch what you want on YouTube or whatever and let her get on with it?

• Like 1

I enjoyed the one with an evil magical midget and a super power enabling stick, yes I really enjoyed complaining about that one :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

slap a woman, shoot someone. slap a woman , shoot someone.. slap a woman shoot someone .. now u get how it goes

....add in the evil female co-lead and her mum who has designs on the good male lead who himself is too shy to tell the good female co-lead how he feels about her. A quirky gay character is there to give the good female lead advice in matters of love when she needs it. Add in a foreign trip to Europe, usually to Paris, Prague or Switzerland when one of the good leads needs an eye operation after they have gone blind, usually after being shot or a hit and run.......

You forgot the PLOT-SPOILER notice

• Like 1

The producers of Thai-Soaps, do nothing more than taking their clues from overseas-productions. A box-office hit must include violence. The more, the better.

VIOLENCE sells! ( I was told, that sex also sells, but maybe that's just a rumor).

Cheers.

slap a woman, shoot someone. slap a woman , shoot someone.. slap a woman shoot someone .. now u get how it goes

You forgot the ghosts, demons, vampires, shape-changers, wizards & magic tattoos to stop bullets.

I enjoy them, but if you can't understand Thai, not much point for you.

The very best was "Baa nang suer" (Forest of the Tiger girl) which had all of the above, plus girls in skin tight leather hot pants.

Also worth a mention

"Arsoon noi nai dtageung gairw" (Little devil in the glass lamp) which had a witches school where they all wore belly dancing outfits.

Geez, you guys must all be gay!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

....add in the evil female co-lead and her mum who has designs on the good male lead who himself is too shy to tell the good female co-lead how he feels about her. A quirky gay character is there to give the good female lead advice in matters of love when she needs it. Add in a foreign trip to Europe, usually to Paris, Prague or Switzerland when one of the good leads needs an eye operation after ther have gone blind, usually after being shot or a hit and run........unless it's an historical drama of course when the trip will be to an ancient palace. Good leads eventually get together and are allowed to kiss each other on the cheek or hold hands whilst the evil female lead and her mum are humiliated by losing the family fortune or a gang rape to show how bad they are. Repeat adnauseum.................

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you know these shows tooo well tongue.png

Rape is legal in Thailand, according to Thai soap opera. Whenever rape occur it's because...

• the girl is evil and deserve to get raped as punishment.

• if the girl isn't evil, she's already in love with rapist and it isn't rape at all, actually.

• If the the girl isn't evil and doesn't love the rapist already, she will discover joy of sex and eventually fall in love with rapist anyway.

• If the girl isn't evil and will never fall in love with rapist, she will give birth to a very graceful child (usually a protagonist of the soap opera). This is rare case, actually. Most of good girl will get rescued on time (unless the rapist is a good guy, irony?).

....add in the evil female co-lead and her mum who has designs on the good male lead who himself is too shy to tell the good female co-lead how he feels about her. A quirky gay character is there to give the good female lead advice in matters of love when she needs it. Add in a foreign trip to Europe, usually to Paris, Prague or Switzerland when one of the good leads needs an eye operation after ther have gone blind, usually after being shot or a hit and run........unless it's an historical drama of course when the trip will be to an ancient palace. Good leads eventually get together and are allowed to kiss each other on the cheek or hold hands whilst the evil female lead and her mum are humiliated by losing the family fortune or a gang rape to show how bad they are. Repeat adnauseum.................

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Holy Cow, you must have been paying full attention to the plots ! I would suggest enjoying a few cool blondes (drinks) before going 'ad nauseum' . . . Edited by crazygreg44

Well my adult Thai son told his wife, her mother, his 8 yr old daughter and the family maid that all soap operas were totally banned.

Why, because he has concerns that his daughter (and a second female toddler) will see this as 'normal' behavior.

Nobody listened to him, he told them again, after two days there back on again.

Now he's banned all of them from turning on any TV in the house. Total ban. The only time TV is on is to watch the news services and to watch local live football.

He also cancelled a two day trip planned by his wife to go on a 'shopping' expedition for local kanom products in another Thai city about two hours drive from home; wife, her mother and the maid were all going - now cancelled.

Now their listening.

I wonder what the Thais make of TV in your Western country?

Did Gilligian ever get off that Island?

Charmed ever run out of Demons to fry?

Eastenders make it onto the West End stage?

Neighbours ever move house?

Imagine if your Thai spouse moved to England, USA, Australia and unplugged your TV and allowed only Thai Stations to be viewed in a language you probably don't understand.  Meaning no Premier League, no NasCars or the AFL/StateofOrigin.

Let them enjoy their bit of fun and get on with what you like to do.

like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our life...:D

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Is anyone actually forcing the OP to watch TV?

There is always one hey, nobody is forcing me to watch it just an observation that when I do occasionally glance over its just some1 always crying, always mad with there boyfriend or any other reason to just not be happy

There is always one hey, nobody is forcing me to watch it just an observation that when I do occasionally glance over its just some1 always crying, always mad with there boyfriend or any other reason to just not be happy

Fair call ... no you didn't.

You said ...

Sick of looking over now and again at the mrs thai tv and just seeing people pissed off

Which leaves your OP open to interpretation.

I can well see why the Thai Soaps infuriate many living in Thailand.

I don't watch them ... because I don't speak Thai.

When I live at the gf's Parents Farm, it's the Farm Father who is their #1 fan and always on when we eat dinner together.

post-104736-0-10533300-1368492266_thumb.

Staying out of the hot midday sun and the family enjoying together a spot of TV Soaps.

Well my adult Thai son told his wife, her mother, his 8 yr old daughter and the family maid that all soap operas were totally banned.

Why, because he has concerns that his daughter (and a second female toddler) will see this as 'normal' behavior.

Nobody listened to him, he told them again, after two days there back on again.

Now he's banned all of them from turning on any TV in the house. Total ban. The only time TV is on is to watch the news services and to watch local live football.

He also cancelled a two day trip planned by his wife to go on a 'shopping' expedition for local kanom products in another Thai city about two hours drive from home; wife, her mother and the maid were all going - now cancelled.

Now their listening.

There is an age rating in the bottom left corner, it's usually minimum viewing age 13.

Parents are expected to show common sense and not allow children to watch anything.

(now they're listening)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Classic!...you must be watching Thai Visa Forum...:D

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app