Tgf Starting Business

My gf wants to start a small buss. At our house.Does she need to register or get any licenses to have a buss.She wants to sell beauty products.I thought if it was a registered buss. It might help her later in life with getting a visa to USA.Plus I have a company and if I put both our names in the buss. Might show a reason for us to come back if we ever applied for a tr visa.

If she is Thai she can open a sole proprietorship. She is the only owner and the formalities involved are negligible. If you get involved you will need to open a limited partnership which, apart from only requiring two directors will involve all the hassle, paperwork and finances as opening a limited company

she will have to get a licenses to sell stuff from her shop,that way she can pay ss for her self.I think the wife pays only 100B per month/or pay 1200B for one year.

there is a licenses for thai products also one to sell emported products.

when the tax man comes around its best to have the licenses to sell stuff

haveing a small buss wll not help in getting a visa to the us. been there ,done that

Edited by happynthailand

Just let her do it cash buy and sell but keep an eye that you don't just end funding more costs than profit like a thousand other gf , wife biz; but she sounds smart enough to realise the less overheads the better ie run out of the house by herself ie no staff, no rent, no licences/ fees/ accounts/ lawyers/ tea money/ tax , seems she's better sense than you actually :0 just a little home enterprise, absolutely no need to go OTT with company etc

Just let her do it cash buy and sell but keep an eye that you don't just end funding more costs than profit like a thousand other gf , wife biz; but she sounds smart enough to realise the less overheads the better ie run out of the house by herself ie no staff, no rent, no licences/ fees/ accounts/ lawyers/ tea money/ tax , seems she's better sense than you actually :0 just a little home enterprise, absolutely no need to go OTT with company etc

Where did you get this information? A sole proprietorship is very easy to open, licenses cost 50/150 baht, she is then open to health care, information and advice from the local labour office and no interference from any authority. All you are advocating is a way that she can operate leaving herself open to paying tea money when requested. Seems crazy to me when to make things legal costs nothing (all in less than 500 baht) and gives her benefits - the next post will be moans about paying tea money, why on earth leave yourselves wide open?

Where did you get this information? A sole proprietorship is very easy to open, licenses cost 50/150 baht, she is then open to health care, information and advice from the local labour office and no interference from any authority. All you are advocating is a way that she can operate leaving herself open to paying tea money when requested. Seems crazy to me when to make things legal costs nothing (all in less than 500 baht) and gives her benefits - the next post will be moans about paying tea money, why on earth leave yourselves wide open?

Do that if you want; its not a bad option. But I see no reason for tea money either way. Just a little private selling between friends network isn't likely to have any bib notice, licensing or tax oversight. My point is to keep costs to a minimum and everything simple.