Dog Vs Niece And Nephew

HeavyDrinker

This last week we've been 'dogsitting' the neighbour's dog - Boo Boo.

He's been smashing fun to be honest and has now turned the wife's attitude towards dogs right around and she's now quite willing to get a dog. She wouldn't leave him alone and she fussed over Boo Boo like a baby.

The snag is that she also wants her niece and nephew to come and stay while they do their 6th form stuff at some school or other and she won't have both.

Frankly I'd rather have a dog and I quite fancy an Irish Setter...

Is that reasonable?

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Just wait until the kids are at your house and maybe (you can help a bit) you will go somewhere and see a really nice puppy and the children will just fall in love with it and your wife will no longer be able to say no.

The niece and nephew are quite charming kids but a dog would be so much more fun...

I've told her to tell her sis to put them in to board at school.

I've been told that as long as they're native bred, they're acclimatised to the heat.

Acclimated until your wife puts a winter parka on your dog because the temperature plummets down to 25C

What was that joke?

My wife told me to get rid of the dogs or she's leaving.

I'm going to miss her.

I know that if Mrs. T ever leaves me, she'll take the dogs with her.

That's why I'm trying not to get too attached to them.

T

• Like 1

HeavyDrinker, on 12 May 2013 - 13:41, said:

She just said we should get a dog from the BKK Dogs home....I never even knew there was a dogs home in BKK...but at least we're getting a dog...

http://www.scadbangkok.org/

Edit: Oh.

You have probably heard by now . . . We have closed our doors at SCAD.

But there is this:

Name	 	                        Website
Animal Rescue Kingdom (ARK)	 	www.theark-cm.com
Baan Unrak Animal Sanctuary	 	www.thaianimalsanctuary.org.uk
Boon Lot's Elephant Sanctuary (BLES)	www.blesele.org
Care for Dogs Foundation	 	www.carefordogs.org
Cats4UinPattaya	 	cats4youinpattaya.webs.com/
Dog and Cat Rescue Samui Foundation	 	www.samuidog.org
Elephant Nature Park Foundation Dog Sanctuary	 	www.elephantnaturepark.org / www.facebook.com/ElephantNatureParkDogs
Elfe's World	 	www.elfesworld.com/index.php?/208
Headrock Dogs	 	www.headrockdogs.org.uk
Lanta Animal Welfare	 	www.lantaaniamlwelfare.com
Mabprachan Animal Shelter	 	www.mabprachananimalshelter.org
Pet Animal Welfare Society: PAWS of Bangkok, Thailand	 	www.facebook.com/pawsbangkok
Soi Dog Foundation	 	www.soidog.org

Please note:	 	
This list is not exhaustive.	 	
This list is not a recommendation or endorsement by the former SCAD Foundation management, staff or volunteers.
Donors are advised to make their own enquiries as to the integrity of each organization listed here.
Please note:

This list is not exhaustive.

This list is not a recommendation or endorsement by the former SCAD Foundation management, staff or volunteers.

Donors are advised to make their own enquiries as to the integrity of each organization listed here.

Edited by whybother

Irish setter ?

I believe it's a long hair dog, which is really not fair here with the heat, unless you have it cut short.

Plus it's the type of dog that needs to run a lot.

It means dog walking 3/4 times a day.

Soi dog ?

Yes get a smallish one.

Get a Soi dog with hair extensions. Do something for the dog problem in Thailand.

What soi dog problem ?

As far as I see they disappear from every soi, with China/Vietnam's restaurant menus as a destination.

Problem solved

Unless you really are a dog lover and are prepared to do the right thing by the dog, which includes exercising, don't get one. Remember you can't just pack up for a few days holiday because you have to do something with the dog.

If you must get one an Irish setter is not a good choice. They are a beautiful looking dog but have no brains. They can get lost in their own back yard. Breeders narrowed their skull for cosmetic reasons and bred the brain capacity out of them. Another thing to consider is ticks. A long haired dog makes finding ticks like searching for a needle in a haystack. Another issue is that pure bred dogs are more inclined to have health problems than cross breds. It goes on.

Stick to the niece and nephew - you can always give them back.

• Like 1

This just appeared on the Chiang Mai forum. Somebody who had to have a dog and didn't understand it was a lifetime commitment.

pepzi

pepzi

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 2 posts

Posted 39 minutes ago

Hi

My name is Tjoki and I wonder if there are any mom or dad who can take care of me, I is ten months old and my old dad and mom threw me out when they moved yes so be it.I is host goaste doggy so long time have not been blighted by street life yet. I see Chingmai.

Attached Thumbnails