Check Land Price Before Buying

The Thai Government website is in Thai only so you either need to read Thai or ask someone help you. You can look either by area or postal code etc.

http://property.trea....th/pvmwebsite/

Of course, sometimes the full amount is not advertised since some...er...try to make tax planning. But gives one pretty good idea of the closed sales prices.

Someone asked this awhile back so wanted to share my finding.

• Like 2

Well, I found the following quite helpful; again in Thai language. Latter makes sense as trading land is a domestic thing, so get someone to help you in case your Thai became a little rusty ...

The Treasury Dept:
http://landprice.treasury.go.th/zonecondition_1.php

The Department of Land:
http://www2.dol.go.th/Tax.php

Good luck with your planning 8-)

Location and other regional and local aspects are always the main factors and a general price for a given area is quite inaccurate.

Is it located next to a toxic dump or the last corridor of natural land? Is it in an agricultural or industrial zoned area?

Too many variables to not look at the land and check the sales of it's history and the money borrowed or owed on it.

Sorry, people don't report at the Land Office what they actually paid, so you have to just be a smart buyer and know the local & comparable market values. The land IS the total real estate value in Thailand unless the house is a major edifice... not likely.

No shortcuts around due diligence, other than paying too much and just not worrying about it.

• Like 1

Sorry, people don't report at the Land Office what they actually paid, so you have to just be a smart buyer and know the local & comparable market values. The land IS the total real estate value in Thailand unless the house is a major edifice... not likely.

No shortcuts around due diligence, other than paying too much and just not worrying about it.

Unfortunately this is true. Word of mouth is the best information you can get.

This is also why signboards advertising land or houses for sale never state the actual asking price.

Edit: I should have said rarely state the price. Occasionally they do.

Edited by Dork
  • Like 1

Every major bank in Thailand has a website. A sub-forum lists the properties "in distress" in any given aerea (bargains all over the place).

So, take your clue from there and not what local realtors consider a "fair market price" for a Farang.

Of importance: Property, sold by a bank has solid land - papers, as opposed to your GF/Wife's land, where nobody can produce any legal proof of legal ownership of the land.(Usually).

Food for thought.

Cheers.

Every major bank in Thailand has a website. A sub-forum lists the properties "in distress" in any given aerea (bargains all over the place).

So, take your clue from there and not what local realtors consider a "fair market price" for a Farang.

Of importance: Property, sold by a bank has solid land - papers, as opposed to your GF/Wife's land, where nobody can produce any legal proof of legal ownership of the land.(Usually).

Food for thought.

Cheers.

(bargains all over the place).

I dont know if you read Thai or not (I do).

I have looked at these sites and can assure you there are no bargains to be had, perhaps you could point us in the direction of such bargains.

Food for thought.

Cheers.

I have looked at these sites and can assure you there are no bargains to be had, perhaps you could point us in the direction of such bargains.

The major banks have an "english-button". The same offers appear in english.

The bargain syndrome: If the bank can not sell the "distressed property" within a certain time-frame, they will offer the same property the next month with a discount. (15 to 20 %).

They want to keep their "Books Clean" and get rid of "non-performing" loans. Of course, if the Thai-Wife is determined to build the house on "family-land", the above is of no relevance to the land-hungry farang. The land will be for free, and no legal papers will be produced by the "family" to prove, that the land is actually and legally in their posession.

I would rather go with the "bank-version" instead of the "family-version".

All said and done and once more, concerning the average Farang: Rent, don't buy.

Cheers.

Food for thought.

Cheers.

The major banks have an "english-button". The same offers appear in english.

The bargain syndrome: If the bank can not sell the "distressed property" within a certain time-frame, they will offer the same property the next month with a discount. (15 to 20 %).

They want to keep their "Books Clean" and get rid of "non-performing" loans. Of course, if the Thai-Wife is determined to build the house on "family-land", the above is of no relevance to the land-hungry farang. The land will be for free, and no legal papers will be produced by the "family" to prove, that the land is actually and legally in their posession.

I would rather go with the "bank-version" instead of the "family-version".

All said and done and once more, concerning the average Farang: Rent, don't buy.

Cheers.

I agree with all of your post, except this,

The bargain syndrome: If the bank can not sell the "distressed property"

within a certain time-frame, they will offer the same property the next

month with a discount. (15 to 20 %).

Never seen any discounts, I seen loads of overpriced crap for sale, some in a very distressed state, some of these properties arent worth buying, I could buy a new house cheaper than some of these properties are advetised for.

• Like 1

Food for thought.

Cheers.

I've read the posts below and the discussion.

May I ask you to post a few links to the relevant section of the Banks websites that you mention above ... in English or Thai, what ever is easier for you.

Bangkok Bank

SCB Bank

(for me would be a good start and then I can take it from there)

Thanks in Advance ... wai.gif

Food for thought.

Cheers.

I've read the posts below and the discussion.

May I ask you to post a few links to the relevant section of the Banks websites that you mention above ... in English or Thai, what ever is easier for you.

Bangkok Bank

SCB Bank

(for me would be a good start and then I can take it from there)

Thanks in Advance ... wai.gif

I looked at it a year ago. For nationwide coverage, I found Kasikorn-Bank the best. Whereas Bangkok-Bank focuses on Bangkok mainly. But things may have changed in the meantime.

Cheers.