Poll: Best Country In The World?!?

Voting Yes twice makes no sense; you MUST vote on both questions  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Strange, people put Switzerland down as boring, too clean etc. But it is always in the top in all the travel polls etc.

I like to live here, and have for forty years this year. Can't be too bad?!!

(or perhaps i am too boring and clean)

nice country but gopferdammi expensive dry.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Call for me. Where you can buy a Donzi second hand at a fair price, and Eat Steak with a fine Salad Bar at hand. Drive a Car with a real engine, buy things witout being told Mi Mee, park without some dick head parking that close you can get in your car.No Beach Sellers, what am i doing here.................w00t.gif

I vote yes to both, although I don't agree with the concept of a 'best country' they are close enough for my purposes, and I don't agree with the instructions to vote no in that case. There should be a separate options that doesn't confuse no votes from people who vote no because they think some other country is the best, and those who vote no because they don't agree with the concept.

Edited by DP25

We can all say what we want - But what country has represented hope and the dream of a better life for millions of people for a long, long time. A place where your future is only limited by your determination to succeed.

Australia?

• Like 2

"We can all say what we want - But what country has represented hope and the dream of a better life for millions of people for a long, long time. A place where your future is only limited by your determination to succeed."

If this is a question, without the mark, then I would need to say the same country which produced The Great Helmsman, simple as pie.

I vote yes to both, although I don't agree with the concept of a 'best country' they are close enough for my purposes, and I don't agree with the instructions to vote no in that case. There should be a separate options that doesn't confuse no votes from people who vote no because they think some other country is the best, and those who vote no because they don't agree with the concept.

I hope the world doesn't explode. Having TWO bests defies the laws of physics. The protest option is clearly: Null Vote / Grumpy Expat Option.

We can all say what we want - But what country has represented hope and the dream of a better life for millions of people for a long, long time. A place where your future is only limited by your determination to succeed.

France!

http://www.newdelhinews.net/index.php/sid/212655735/scat/b8de8e630faf3631

Edited by Jingthing

I must agree, if China cannot be number one then I vote for France.

ChouEnLai Loved France.

Remember that Spy, A he who was not really?

He came from China and he loved France so much he married a French elite. Remember?

Then, France has the all important Blue Whale

Which is not.

Its an Apple.

So I would vote for France, definitely.

Seriously now

Everyone knows that both the Japanese and the Chinese have always had kind of a thing for France

They love to go there to study

They love the fashion

And they know that there is much to love.

Many of the older Chinese elite sent their children to France to study.

I could go on.

But I don't wish to bore you.

Luis Vuitton, and other things from France

Most wealthy folks in China can not live without these luxury goods from France.

Then you have democracy and a very advanced social protection system in France.

If I could not be in China, or could not have been in China,

Then I would have chosen France years ago.

The cheese is great and the baguette on the street

I would retire in the countryside like Tom Jones

But this time in France.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Thailand. It's my home now. It's Buddhist and tolerant of unique people like myself. I love it.

I am a (former) american. I applogize for my country. I'm ashamed of it.

Peace. smile.png

I'm feeling a bit jealous of you. I am not capable of feeling that way about ANY country. I think I am more based in reality, but what's the FUN in that?

• Like 1

I am not ashamed of my country!

I just love France and China.

If you examine closely my avatar

You will see this was done by a man from France

Of a man in China

Because I like two other countries,

Does not mean I dislike a third

And only a 'something or other' is ashamed of the country where he was born.

Either that or become a man without a country,

really.

Edited by OldChinaHam

I am not in North Korea, I am in Thailand

But I think the definition of country is changing, especially in the minds of the young.

First they give up on brand identity

Next it is the idea of country.

This has been talked about for decades.

So I am now here in Thailand asking for the new definition of country, as you might see it.

(But where ever I go, I will not be happy in no

Country for Old Men.)(Talking Demography)

Edited by OldChinaHam

"I agree with your proposition that there is no such thing as the best country.

I have had some of my best vacations in the USA.

I wouldn't go back to Turkey if they paid me.

The beer alone would be a good reason to live in England.

I love Syria for its people and its historical sites.

I don't think I would like North Korea much.

I think India has great food but it's strange that you have to dine outside the country to eat the best of it !

Italy has got the best clothes and cars, probably a great place if you are rich.

Thailand is a mosaic of much that I like and some of what I don't like."

This pilgrim

Is making progress.

"Personally I think the concept of best country in the world is rather silly and even embarrassing."

Silly and irrational or not, it is in our blood, just like team sport and siding with one football league(?), or another.

Although silly, we must still be careful to keep a firm grip on our emotions lest we go completely mad one day and begin flag waving and goose stepping all over the place. This now seems to be happening, more or less, in two of the countries I come from. I do not like nationalism in any form, even though I can go crazy over a country. Usually this feeling of shame that one commentor mentioned comes mostly from the actions of a very select group of men who are out of control and not properly reined in by democracy, which has usually failed, or partially failed. Now please pass me some French cheese so I can again savor what I have been missing.

Edited by OldChinaHam