Richard Branson Debuts As Airasia Stewardess

webfact

Without Richard Branson 20 million Australians would be at the mercy of QANTAS. He introduced Australia to budget airfares and IMO the planes and staff are better than QANTAS. Maybe you have to pay a bit for in flight entertainment or a bit of food but I dont care. I always choose to fly them both international and domestically.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A high profile figure who not keeps it secret that he loves to smoke a joint sometimes. At least that guy has a life !

No stupid arrogance and pretentions like the old school bobos, he is just who he is. ibeMvHitjYyXzn.gif

• Like 1

How can anyone possibly like Donald Trump? He's an out-of-touch buffoon who only cares about his bank balance. And that wig...

It actually isn't a wig, so you seem to be demonstrating rather an ignorance of the man.

(he can be a bit of a buffoon at times I will give you that! :D )

Without Richard Branson 20 million Australians would be at the mercy of QANTAS. He introduced Australia to budget airfares and IMO the planes and staff are better than QANTAS. Maybe you have to pay a bit for in flight entertainment or a bit of food but I dont care. I always choose to fly them both international and domestically.

Same for us from the United States.

Virgin America offers the best service of any airline in the US. He has made domestic air travel fun again. Cities in the US are begging for Virgin America to serve their town.

Great service, attractive flight attendants (yes some have fake British accents but who cares), good selection of food, drinks and the first class is outstanding. I've flown them in coach and first class.

Edited by 3SoiDogNight
  • Like 1

I am not too shocked by this as our former school director use to don the long fingernails and do that Thai dance for New Year's parties. It was 'subtly entertaining' the first time he did it, but when he carried it on year after year it became quite a bit of a bore (and downright deploring).

It must take a xxxxload of guts to do something like that, but hey ... when you're a million-billionaire, what can go wrong?

Edited by metisdead

Holey moley.

I think I saw that guy standing on the beach road in Pattaya late one night last week.

Felt kind of sorry, as I doubted he/she would get many customers.

BTW, I doubt he's worried about his reputation as the consummate promoter. It's served him quite well, and I love to see and hear the guy each and every time.

He is a shameless self-promoter. But I admire and respect this guy. I like what he's about.

You like that he runs sub-standard train services at exorbitant cost?

Holey moley.

I think I saw that guy standing on the beach road in Pattaya late one night last week.

BTW, I doubt he's worried about his reputation as the consummate promoter. It's served him quite well, and I love to see and hear the guy each and every time.

I wonder if anyone patted him on the butt. LOL

Can you imagine the thoughts of someone who didn't know this was a joke. LOL

Virgin America offers the best service of any airline in the US. He has made domestic air travel fun again. Cities in the US are begging for Virgin America to serve their town.

Great service, attractive flight attendants (yes some have fake British accents but who cares), good selection of food, drinks and the first class is outstanding. I've flown them in coach and first class.

Same as in the UK, after British Airways forced Laker out he picked up the mantle and turned them over on the Atlantic routes. BA even stooped so low as to hack into Virgins customer list, some thing which cost them dearly. When BA dropped the Union flag from its aircraft Virgin put it all over their aircraft, out witted the over priced dummies again. But for their arrogance Concorde would still be flying as Branson wanted to buy the fleet but BA grounded them. I would pay more to fly with Branson than BA. A self made Billionaire who got off his ass and worked, took the risks and its paid off. And of course he gives his pilots freedom to make their own decisions, he was stating the obvious, what else could he say. Dammed if he did and dammed if he did not say it.

Holey moley.

He is a shameless self-promoter. But I admire and respect this guy. I like what he's about.

You like that he runs sub-standard train services at exorbitant cost?

so what train operator does not? had he owned Rail Track maybe another story but who is going to chuck loads of money into some thing not knowing if you are going to loose the contract at the end of its term as many have.

Holey moley.

I wonder if anyone patted him on the butt. LOL

Can you imagine the thoughts of someone who didn't know this was a joke. LOL

I prefer to think of it as a matter of honor. The bet may have been a joke but the paying off was a matter of honor.

While he may do some off the wall things he does them because that is who he is not who people think he is.

Much like Steve Jobs only a lot more nicer.

Look just another sales pitch. Richard come off your high horse or other people will bring you down. Look around and they are sharpening their tools like on this website

That's right, me hearties. Old Salty seadog and his quivering band of ThaiVisa keyboard warriors will cut you down Mr Branson. Only problem is, they 'aven't quite figured out how!

• Like 1

Same as in the UK, after British Airways forced Laker out he picked up the mantle and turned them over on the Atlantic routes. BA even stooped so low as to hack into Virgins customer list, some thing which cost them dearly. When BA dropped the Union flag from its aircraft Virgin put it all over their aircraft, out witted the over priced dummies again. But for their arrogance Concorde would still be flying as Branson wanted to buy the fleet but BA grounded them. I would pay more to fly with Branson than BA. A self made Billionaire who got off his ass and worked, took the risks and its paid off. And of course he gives his pilots freedom to make their own decisions, he was stating the obvious, what else could he say. Dammed if he did and dammed if he did not say it.

All of my British friends say the same exact thing about British Airways. I haven't flown on them since 1979 and I was only 6 years old. Seemed great to me back then. All the stewardess liked me! :)

I'm sure I wouldn't have the same experience today.

I do recall Branson wanting to save the Concorde. I'm sure he could have made it a little bit more profitable than British Airways but then again, it's almost impossible to turn a profit on an SST.

B.A. should have let Branson take the risk.

None of Richard Branson and Donald Trump's wealth came from government coercion.

But Branson has moved his Virgin Enterprises offshore in order to avoid paying British taxes. Legal (just) but morally bankrupt , imo.

Do you pay any more than the required minimum tax? If you do, well done, very charitable, but if you don't you are just as "morally bankrupt", and a hypocrite.

None of Richard Branson and Donald Trump's wealth came from government coercion.

But Branson has moved his Virgin Enterprises offshore in order to avoid paying British taxes. Legal (just) but morally bankrupt , imo.

Thanks for the heads up. I like Sir Richard Branson even more! clap2.gif

High tax governments should do more to foster wealth creation instead of running successful people away. The UK as well as the US tax structure discourages wealth. I don't blame him for moving his wealth offshore. Something is wrong with governments that run away successful people yet open their doors to unproductive immigrants that contribute very little to nothing at all.

Funny how you defenders of shady capitalists who make their wealth out of their country yet refuse to pay the taxes that their poorly paid employees have to, are also soft (?) racists who welcome the misinformation fed by those setting that agenda . For your information, migrants in the UK are half as likely to claim out of work benefits as British nationals are. As most of them are young they are far more likely to be actively seeking employment , or in most instances are fully employed and contributing to the national economy.

I think that any "poorly paid employees" who where given the opportunity to legally pay less tax or continue paying a higher rate would opt for the lower. If you wouldn't do that then you are either a very wealthy philanthropist, or daft.

A high profile figure who not keeps it secret that he loves to smoke a joint sometimes. At least that guy has a life !

No stupid arrogance and pretentions like the old school bobos, he is just who he is. ibeMvHitjYyXzn.gif

You don't need to smoke joints to prove you have a life, or to have a life, You just think you do because you smoke them.

Some people will always knock those who are successful I call it jealously though they probably wouldn't admit to it.

Nobody can dispute though that he is a very successful businessman I kudos to the man.

I totally agree

Pay £250 for a three-hour train journey from London to Mahcester on 20-year-old trains bought from Italy on the cheap THEN tell me you admire him.

He's a cynical ex-hippie who only cares about money and attention and the sooner he and his burdensome, self-regarding generation are gone, the better.

Some typical Brit reactions to business success clearly on display here. One of our least redeeming cultural features.

On the contrary, I think a certain disdain towards people who do nothing but talk about money and themselves is one of our most laudable qualities. Would you rather we were fighting each other to lick their boots clean?