Bangkok Farmers Market 25Th May

Here's some info on the next Bangkok Farmers Market Event. It will be on the 25th of May.

The Bangkok Farmers Market at K Village Sukumvit 26

This will be the second farmers market event and will be held on Saturday May 25th 2013 from 8am till 3pm at K Village Bangkok. RAIN OR SHINE.

At the farmers market you will find:

Hand selling seasonal varieties of vegetables and fruits from organic growers from all over Thailand
Delicious prepared foods catering to all diet types from chefs, restaurants, and artisans
Baked goods, artisan breads, exotic cheesecakes, vegan scones, chutneys, sauces, fresh spirulina paste, fresh fruit smoothies, organic ice-cream, varieties of olives
Housewares/homewares
Eco-friendly and Healthy Products
Presentations on:
Organic Farming
Urban Gardening
Health
Kids Activities
Live music & Entertainment by locals and expats

Farmers markets are an important part of the urban/farm connection and have continued to rise in popularity, due to the growing consumer interest in obtaining fresh organic products directly from the farm. The Bangkok Farmers Market allows consumers to connect with the farms producing their food.

BKKFM are working with local Thai and International Schools to develop programs to educate students about the importance of organic foods, healthy eating, gardening, and self reliance.

Organic gardeners, health professionals, and industry experts will be giving presentations and classes during the farmers market on a regular basis. Check out their website www.bkkfm.com for up to date schedules.

The Bangkok Farmers Market supports community related events, projects and charitable causes. Contact them directly if you would like be apart of the change.

bangkok_farmers_market.jpeg

• Like 1

It is a brilliant concept and one that should be supported by everyone of this forum. I would love to be part of it. The issue that needs to be resolved from my end it that of logistics. Sisaket (my patch) is 550 km away from the market. The oncost impost on goods is high. Is there any thoughts on how that be defrayed? I would not be looking to profit from passing on knowledge but simply getting there with perishable product is not cheap. If that could be traded in exchange for having to raise product prices, it would be a plus for everyone. Farm-gate prices means exactly that!