Benelli Keeway Generic 600 Rk6/bn600

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit of a shame that all the knobs who constantly harp on about Chinese bikes don't put in half the same effort asking why the Jap manufacturers have such a limited range here and why Thailand has such a restrictive tax regime.

How many have even actually seen the bike in a showroom?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who do you want to ask? There are plenty of people voicing their dislike of the taxation on bikes here (virtually every other post) but it's not like we can do anything about it. Maybe we should stand outside Yingluck's place with a banner and start chanting "What do we want? Cheap R1's. When do we want them? NOW" :lol:

I'm not sure why your 2 points should have any effect on people giving their opinion on this bike. Seeing it in a showroom is one thing but riding and servicing it for 30,000 kms is another. I don't know for sure if it will hold up any more than you do, but given that Benelli wasn't exactly the hallmark of excellence before the Chinese took them over then I'd say that it's reasonable to speculate that this might not be raising any bars in terms of quality. I can understand taking a punt for 25,000 on a Chinese scooter, but a 296,000 baht punt on a Chinese sportsbike? Not for me. I doubt you'll buy one either, but if you do then good luck to you - I admire your bravery and look forward to hearing how it goes.

i needed a laugh this morning thanks

Benelli does not look better than the Kawa 100 percent, Benelli looks like it is made of recycled tins in China.

ANd, 2000's tech at 2013.

Why buying old tech with our hard earned cash?

and Nomad, what i do not understand: If you like and love this bike, why do not you go buy one and try? We would love to see some reviews about this bike:lol:

Then would you mind telling us what is so high tech about the kawasaki er6n/f and the new honda 500 series. They are considered to be inexpensive commuter/starter bikes everywhere in the world , not high tech bikes. Yet many people including yourself seem perfectly happy to spend their hard earned cash on them

The bike and its engine wad designed in 2012 and it is not a knock off yamaha etc.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pretty sure the design of the mid 2000's R6 is far superior to the latest budget Honda commuter cb500*.

+1

I used to think LL knew a lot about bikes. Everyone knows (or should know) that tech from the flagship super sports liter and 600's eventually trickles down to the other bikes in a manufactures lines. This takes time. It is not "old tech" in a non supersport bike.

You and your greasers might think i know a lot about bikes.

If it is comparing a year 2000 80 hp yamaha engine - original one is 120 hp:lol: god knows which corners they cut or removed from the engine :D- with a 2012 design engine, yes i know a lot bc it is a no brainer:D

And do you compare engines just with their hp values? There are many other factors like efficiency, power characteristics, materials used etc.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by loserlazer

<snip> And do you compare engines just with their hp values? <snip>

No, that would be you, on more than one occasion:

Yes and that mid 2000 r6 engine is making 120 hp instead of 80 hp of recycled benelli.

If it is comparing a year 2000 80 hp yamaha engine - original one is 120 hp:lol: god knows which corners they cut or removed from the engine - with a 2012 design engine, yes i know a lot bc it is a no brainer:D

The only thing I pointed out to those comparing the Honda 500's to the Benelli is that the Honda's have just 48 while the Benelli has 85. Power reductions in sport touring bikes with full sport engines is common. I used to have a 1996 Yamaha YZF 600R (Thundercat in Europe) with this same 599.8cc engine which went largely unchanged until the end of it's production in 2007. It had 88HP instead of the R6's 120ish. I feel silly saying this, as it should be obvious to you, but there are many things other than displacement that affect the power an engine can produce. It can in no way be used as proof the engine was poorly copied as you suggest. This bike is not in any way an attempt to copy an R6.

Edited by NomadJoe

Sound like a busy little engine doesn't it!

Has a very decent sound

Thick up top &

Beefy down low too

I think if we closed our eyes & none told us what bike this 600 was

we would all say wow pretty beefy for a stock bike with stock exhausts etc.

I know I did

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

<snip> And do you compare engines just with their hp values? <snip>

No, that would be you, on more than one occasion:

>Yes and that mid 2000 r6 engine is making 120 hp instead of 80 hp of recycled benelli.

If it is comparing a year 2000 80 hp yamaha engine - original one is 120 hp:lol: god knows which corners they cut or removed from the engine - with a 2012 design engine, yes i know a lot bc it is a no brainer:D

The only thing I pointed out to those comparing the Honda 500's to the Benelli is that the Honda's have just 48 while the Benelli has 85. Power reductions in sport touring bikes with full sport engines is common. I used to have a 1996 Yamaha YZF 600R (Thundercat in Europe) with this same 599.8cc engine which went largely unchanged until the end of it's production in 2007. It had 88HP instead of the R6's 120ish. I feel silly saying this, as it should be obvious to you, but there are many things other than displacement that affect the power an engine can produce. It can in no way be used as proof the engine was poorly copied as you suggest. This bike is not in any way an attempt to copy an R6.

2012 yamaha xj6 has 76.4 hp .........

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_xj6_diversion_2012.php

• Like 1