O J Simpson In Court Smiling As He Tries To Get His 33-Year Jail Sentence Overturned

webfact

'He was tipsy:' OJ Simpson's daughter tells how her father was drunk when he pulled off an Las Vegas armed heist as he tries to get his 33-year jail sentence overturned

Former NFL star is seeking a new trial to overturn the charges of armed robbery and kidnap
Simpson blamed his lawyer, Yale Galanter, for the conviction in 2008, claiming he botched the case
At the time Simpson claimed he was reclaiming heirlooms and personal mementos he believed had been stolen from him after his famous murder trial

LAS VEGAS: -- O.J. Simpson's 43-year-old daughter testified on Monday that her father was drunk the weekend that he allegedly pulled off an armed heist at a Las Vegas hotel.

Arnelle Simpson made the remarks at a hearing where the former NFL star requesting a new trial in the armed robbery and kidnapping case that sent him to prison in 2008.

She recalled that her father was drinking the entire weekend of the alleged crime and that he seemed 'tipsy' when she saw him at the Palms Hotel pool talking with men who would later accompany him to a hotel room where he is accused of stealing personal memorabilia.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323497/OJ-Simpson-court-smiling-tries-kidnapping-robbery-sentence-overturned.html

-- Daily Mail 2013-05-14

'His lawyer botched the case', OJ's standards for lawyers must be pretty high... after all, the first ones got him off solid murder charges on the basis of a supposedly too-small glove ("if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!"). This lawyer wasn't able to get him out of a measly kidnap-and-threat charge. Must be a lousy lawyer. In OJ's world, it's not about the truth of the outcome or justice, but about whether you can find a talented enough lawyer to get you out of trouble...

• Like 2

A number of off topic posts have been removed, if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic or are not interested in it please refrain from making off topic comments and move on to something that interests you.

• Like 1

The truth never seems to matter in US courts whether a person may be guilty or innocent. Extremely apt that the US supreme court has a statue of a lady in a blindfold, justice truly is blind.

Everybody but "The Juice" got off in this bogus case. This was nothing but retribution for the earlier, unpunished crime of murder. That is not justice.

Every police force in America that had any contact with OJ after the infamous LA miscarriage of justice was looking to burn him. And will be again, after he gets out.

What a spectacular fall from grace. A shame.

Why does anybody care about OJ? Do you really think he didn't do the murders? Is it because he was a big JOCK that gives you sympathy for an obvious murderer? Yes I know he got off. But that doesn't mean the public actually believed he wasn't guilty or that he wasn't guilty.

Edited by Jingthing

Why does anybody care about OJ? Do you really think he didn't do the murders? Is it because he was a big JOCK that gives you sympathy for an obvious murderer? Yes I know he got off. But that doesn't mean the public actually believed he wasn't guilty or that he wasn't guilty.

I thought he did the murders but got off because he was monied up enough to afford a defense team.

He was lucky in his first trial and got away with murder, hope he doesn't weasel his way out again. He deserves to be locked up!

Isn't what you wrote libel? Someone stands trial on a serious charge, is found not guilty and then someone says thay are guilty and got away with it.

He was lucky in his first trial and got away with murder, hope he doesn't weasel his way out again. He deserves to be locked up!

Isn't what you wrote libel? Someone stands trial on a serious charge, is found not guilty and then someone says thay are guilty and got away with it.

I don't think it works like that. Being judged not guilty simply means the prosecution failed to prove its case. It doesn't actually mean not guilty in the existential sense.

Ah, trial by public opinion. Much more reliable than a court of law. Perhaps we should have televised trials with a link where you can vote? This would be so much better because we all know more about everything than any judge, lawyer, jury and all that evidence baloney.

Ah, trial by public opinion. Much more reliable than a court of law. Perhaps we should have televised trials with a link where you can vote? This would be so much better because we all know more about everything than any judge, lawyer, jury and all that evidence baloney.

Not trial by public opinion. Public opinion by public opinion. Did you follow the OJ murders trial?

I don't think it works like that. Being judged not guilty simply means the prosecution failed to prove its case. It doesn't actually mean not guilty in the existential sense.

Does it not? So was the verdict not guilty or not proven? Does the prosecution have the right to appeal the verdict, and if so did they exercise that right? Can he be charged again, and again until the verdict is the one you think it should be ( I know the US recognises double jepoardy)?

"Trial" by media, social media, public opinion is becoming more and more prevalent. People are percieved gulity or innocent prior to trial based on the news reports broadcast on TV, radio and in newpapers. Those who control the media and all that.

So you believe that if someone is found not gulity by a court, and public opinion is different, then they're not really not guility?

Does it not? So was the verdict not guilty or not proven? Does the prosecution have the right to appeal the verdict, and if so did they exercise that right? Can he be charged again, and again until the verdict is the one you think it should be ( I know the US recognises double jepoardy)?

"Trial" by media, social media, public opinion is becoming more and more prevalent. People are percieved gulity or innocent prior to trial based on the news reports broadcast on TV, radio and in newpapers. Those who control the media and all that.

So you believe that if someone is found not gulity by a court, and public opinion is different, then they're not really not guility?

No I'm saying OJ did those murders. One case.

He was later found guilty at a civil trial of the wrongful death of the two same people he was acquitted of murdering. He was ordered to pay about $30 million dollars, most of which has never been paid

I always thought that 33 years in the jug for this crime was pretty stiff. Maybe 3-5 years would have been more balanced.

Perhaps in some States but in the State of Nevada they take Armed Robbery with attempted kidnapping very seriously.

That's kind of like "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone's not out t get you." I don't think we'll ever know with certainty that he did the crime (of murder). Yes. It may look like he did it but it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Public opinion is just that. And you know what they say about opinions.