Problem With House Owners Not Paying Maintenance.

We had a similar problem for a couple of years with some houses refusing to pay their maintenance in our village of 50 houses.

The juristic person cannot legally prevent the householder getting to their house, but they can stop them bringing their cars or motorbikes in.

So an electronic gate was fitted to the entrance of the estate, one that could not be easily damaged or forced open and operated with a key card that is only re-activated each year for people who pay their maintenance.

This works well as people either pay their maintenance or leave their vehicles parked outside the village, or in some cases wait for other cars to enter the village and then try to get in before the gate closes.

I think most people have now decided that non-payment is not worth the hassle and pays now. It took about 2 years before the non-payers stopped complaining to the management committee about how unfair this all was - some people have an odd idea about what is fair and unfair that is for sure!!!.

Edited by dsfbrit

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm continually amazed at how thick some people are.

Moobaan fees are basically property taxes. Where in falangland did these people live without paying property fees/rates/taxes?

Even apartment renters pay them, they are built into the rent.

Or do these people myopically assume that services are free and the service providers are paid by the tooth fairy?

• 6 months later...

In condos before 2008 there was nothing you could do. A new laws de it possible to turn off the water supply. The condo did it and were paid promptly. That was convention condo chiang mai.

Happy, joyous and free

• 1 month later...

As an FYI, I have found a lawyer here in Pattaya that is an expert on housing estates. She knows her stuff. If interested, let me know and I'll put you in contact. Speaks perfect English, has been on her committee for years, and really knows the laws. Excellent resource.

• 1 year later...

As an FYI, I have found a lawyer here in Pattaya that is an expert on housing estates. She knows her stuff. If interested, let me know and I'll put you in contact. Speaks perfect English, has been on her committee for years, and really knows the laws. Excellent resource.

I have sent you a PM re this topic, I hope you can assist, trying to establish Juristic Committee in East Pattaya.

I have sent you a PM re this topic, I hope you can assist, trying to establish Juristic Committee in East Pattaya.

He is talking about Rena at Thai Euro Law. Across that small soi next to Big C South Pattaya. The soi to the North.

Ref my post #20 in May 2015

Our Management did the same again this year,

The large signs (1m x 1m) at the Security Gate explined the requirements and showed which house numbers had paid and the empty spaces indicated the non-payers

By end of Feb (deadline date to get one month's fees free) ) 101 out of 104 houses had paid.

A simple system which is routinely implemeneted is key to everything our Committee does.

Great management here in our compound and appreciated by all house owners

• 2 weeks later...

He is talking about Rena at Thai Euro Law. Across that small soi next to Big C South Pattaya. The soi to the North.

craigt3365 do you mean the same soi with the AA Insure office?