Deodorant

nickmanchester2

Make your own and don't stuff it full of petro chems.

Excellent advice, however a spot of soap and water is all you really need.

Best not to stop those pores from sweating out those nasty carcinogens.

I have read that it's the worst thing to apply before bed, the lymph nodes get bombarded with the toxins and cancer can follow. Give it a Google and make up your own mind.

Rates of related cancers in India should be extraordinarily low then, huh?

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt actually checked how much they cost, nor have i made any statistic how long they last, but,

assuming a bottle cost 150 baht, and last one month, that is a grand total of 5 baht per day.

Equal to a 3-pack of big leo a month from 7/11.

I guess, but half a days wages for a thai on minimum wage sounds like a big expense to me... if I was on UK minimum wages, 1 can would be £22 at half days pay on minimum pay - but you can actually get 2 cans from poundland for.... well.... £1

Ok, so is the thai wage 10 baht per day ?

they use powder btw, such as prickly heat,

i think that prickly heat is best used on my otherwise sticky & itchy balls

"i think that prickly heat is best used on my otherwise sticky & itchy balls"

If you're talking about something like Snake Brand prickly heat powder, you have to be kidding. That would be like applying a healthy dollop of Tiger Balm. You'd definitely be stepping lively for a few minutes. Better to use one of the baby powders unless you need an antifungal.

I use Nivea Men Ocean Extracts deodorant. It's labeled 48h, which I assume is meant to be 48 hours, but that seems overly optimistic, especially since one is likely to have at least 2 to 4 showers in a 48 hour period. Not sure how long a spray can lasts. I think a full month would be a stretch. I avoid antiperspirant because it irritates my skin.

not kidding, it can be a bit sprightly on occasion, but that just add to the spice of life,

emm, in my particular case the only spice in life

Last couple times I was in the US, I could not find unscented deodorant or anti-perspirant. Am I alone in not wanting a fragrance of any kind wafting from my armpits? I was surprised that even none of the "women only" deodorants were unscented -- do women really want a fragrance competing with their (sometimes expensive) cologne/perfume? Even so-called hypoallergenic ones were perfumed.

Last couple times I was in the US, I could not find unscented deodorant or anti-perspirant. Am I alone in not wanting a fragrance of any kind wafting from my armpits? I was surprised that even none of the "women only" deodorants were unscented -- do women really want a fragrance competing with their (sometimes expensive) cologne/perfume? Even so-called hypoallergenic ones were perfumed.

Try this brand...."Simple"...nada colouring, fragrances etc. Works good too & cheap.

Make your own and don't stuff it full of petro chems.

Excellent advice, however a spot of soap and water is all you really need.

Best not to stop those pores from sweating out those nasty carcinogens.

I have read that it's the worst thing to apply before bed, the lymph nodes get bombarded with the toxins and cancer can follow. Give it a Google and make up your own mind.

Rates of related cancers in India should be extraordinarily low then, huh?

And France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal..

I buy a bunch when I'm back in states. Shave cream as well.

Still have 3-4 sticks.

Same here every time I go overseas I stock up in the duty free got 2 sticks left plus the one im still using costs $25 nz over here costs $50+

I do the same, but not for price reasons. I cannot find effective deoderant in Thailand. Tried many brands. I noticed that I also must alternate brands to stay "fresh". I buy in bulk when back in the U.S. and keep a nice variety available. Now if I can get the gf to try some. thumbsup.gif

I just go to the dollar store and buy the sticks that I fancy most. I've even bought women's deo when the mans was crazy expensive in years back.

Understsnd that toiletries last a long time and companies greatly overcharge, but prices can be stupid expensive. In the end, all about the same crap...different smell, taste, marketing...

Wish my wife wasnt so into cheap smells and lotions.

I dislike the crystal thing. Does nothing for wetness and can wear off somewhat quickly.

Don't much worry about aluminum, I'm sure I'm exposed to far greater chemical risks in Bangkok (Thailand) and if I eere at home, food is practically poison.

Edited by bangkokburning

I have no idea becuase the missus buys it for me

So ytf did you comment....

Op, buy what you like, it is all "expensive." By the way, to all those interested, Gillette have now started selling their 5 blade Fusion blades in Thailand, Not cheap, but even in Oz they aren't, but such a smoooooth shave.

I never use the commercial stuff myself. As a resident of the Philippines, I was introduced to tawas – alum (hydrated potassium aluminium sulphate) – a naturally occurring colourless crystalline mineral that can be bought in chunks at many sundry goods stores. You just damp the surface and rub it in your armpits. It keeps you dry and prevents odour all day long, for a fraction of the cost of sticks and roll-ons. Back to basics!

• Like 1

As a comparison to the 150 baht a month i ruin on deodorant,

various bodybuilder pills and powders set me back 6000 baht per month.

Neither is giving me a sex-life, btw.

Edited by poanoi

Plain ole bar soap works for me...available anywhere...cheap too.

That's not what your friends ex friends tell me. tongue.png

Ya got it wrong mate...or they do...it's not BO that drives em away;

it's me farts...considered by many to be WMD's cause nobody survives.

Edited by sunshine51

Deodorant is more expensive here than anywhere else in the world - in my own personal experience. I like the Nivea Silver Protect. About 100 THB. One bottle lasts 2-3 weeks.

A quick search will reveal prices in Thailand are pretty much on par with the UK..rolleyes.gif

....googling UK versus Thai deodorant price comparisons.

Slow day in the office?

What is deodorant?

And why don't I have any friends?

T

I think we met on the BTS yesterday. And the day before ... and the day before that. :D

So you're that guy who's always sniffing me. :)

What is it, some kind of fetish? I don't mind, but at least you could introduce yourself and buy me a drink.

T