Moving Sales

HeijoshinCool

Looking at being gone for a few years. Has anyone ever had experience with, first or second hand, "moving sales" in Phuket?

I've accumulated. Don't want to store. Where I live is very Thai and most of the stuff won't sell. So, if I bring it to Phuket, what can I expect? And what do you all suggest?

Kitchen stuff; tools; gardening stuff; tons of books; a/c; restaurant appliances; latex mattress; furniture; etc.

Thanks!

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Okay, thanks.

Eezergood, I'll finish up my list and PM ya.

All good ideas. But advertising is not my concern. I'd figured doing so on TV, and Baht and Sold and Gazette are great ideas, too. And It's good stuff, desirable, so I've no doubt westerners will want to buy. Some things are from the States, things not available here. Like Buck knives, fishing gear, a stainless steel mandoline, and a tortilla press from Mexico. Even have some cedar planks, used for crating, now great for cooking salmon.

Anyway, it's the logistics that have me stymied. I'm 4 hours from Phuket, outside Nakhon Si Thamarhat in a little town called Rhekthum.

Getting stuff to Phuket in a truck is a cinch, but where do I go from there? A couple hundred books, for instance, will sell better if people can browse. Selling over the internet isn't feasible. Hands on is necessary.

I need a spot in Phuket for a few days, advertise it, have people come there.

Suggestions on that?

Not sure if it's possible, but if you could set up at the night/weekend market you could probably flog most of your stuff. Some markets are available on a first come first serve basis for daily rental, while others have set merchants at their set spots.

Not sure if it's possible, but if you could set up at the night/weekend market you could probably flog most of your stuff. Some markets are available on a first come first serve basis for daily rental, while others have set merchants at their set spots

Weekend market where?

Hi HeijoshinCool

Sorry to hear you're leaving us and having to get everything to Phuket to sell. I have been thinking about buying a latex foam matt but all too expensive and confusing on the shipping. We are in Phetchaburi area (15 hour drive from you) so driving down is out. How much would you like for the latex matt and could you ship to Phetchaburi. Thai Post office I've found ships just about everything from motorbikes to letters

Thanks

Carl

Not sure if it's possible, but if you could set up at the night/weekend market you could probably flog most of your stuff. Some markets are available on a first come first serve basis for daily rental, while others have set merchants at their set spots

Weekend market where?

The popular weekend market, known as "Phuket Variety", is on Wirat-Hongyok Road in Wichit, across the street from Wat Naka. This has pretty much supplanted the old weekend market near the PEA office off Phang Nga Road in Phuket Town. However, it's not so popular with the expat community. Most of the people I see there are Thais or tourists.

As for books, try the used bookstore on Phang Nga Road near On On Hotel (very nicely renovated, btw). Please send me a list of your stuff by PM; maybe I could use some of it.

Weekend market where?

The popular weekend market, known as "Phuket Variety", is on Wirat-Hongyok Road in Wichit, across the street from Wat Naka. This has pretty much supplanted the old weekend market near the PEA office off Phang Nga Road in Phuket Town. However, it's not so popular with the expat community. Most of the people I see there are Thais or tourists.

As for books, try the used bookstore on Phang Nga Road near On On Hotel (very nicely renovated, btw). Please send me a list of your stuff by PM; maybe I could use some of it.

Thanks for the info.

I'll PM you soon.

Okay, thanks.

Eezergood, I'll finish up my list and PM ya.

All good ideas. But advertising is not my concern. I'd figured doing so on TV, and Baht and Sold and Gazette are great ideas, too. And It's good stuff, desirable, so I've no doubt westerners will want to buy. Some things are from the States, things not available here. Like Buck knives, fishing gear, a stainless steel mandoline, and a tortilla press from Mexico. Even have some cedar planks, used for crating, now great for cooking salmon.

Anyway, it's the logistics that have me stymied. I'm 4 hours from Phuket, outside Nakhon Si Thamarhat in a little town called Rhekthum.

Getting stuff to Phuket in a truck is a cinch, but where do I go from there? A couple hundred books, for instance, will sell better if people can browse. Selling over the internet isn't feasible. Hands on is necessary.

I need a spot in Phuket for a few days, advertise it, have people come there.

Suggestions on that?

Please PM a list with your stuff. I have family in NST, so we are going there every now and than. If anything would be of interest I´d buy and than have some of the in-laws pick it up.