Tourists Shooting Pictures At Central Festival

grumpyoldman

Due to a lost telephone had to hit the AIS shop at Central this morning.

Found it strange that tourists coming to Phuket would be shooting photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of a mall (???).

"Yes, went to Phuket on holiday, check out my photos of their lovely mall".

Anyone else think that sort of weird or is it just me? (to cut off the "it's you" jokers, i already know I'm sort of weird). GOM

• Like 1

It's the same as the craze for having your picture taken along with the Ronald McDonald statue outside their outlets. It's twee, infantile and basically moronic but people with the childlike mindset so many have ( cuddly toys and fluffy slippers in the office of a 45 year old) along with the imbecilic 2 fingered salute in every photo, ( no matter how formal) it is the thing to do.

Russians do it to boast upon their return home. To go back to your friends and show them that "this is where we could afford to shop"

I do however like to take photos of the food that I eat so in the eyes of some I am just as guilty!!!

• Like 1

whats more crazy is that it seems the australian tourist spend their whole vacation at central browsing clothes for their kids. They dont even have sales in thailand

Clothes, shoes and accessories are so much cheaper here for kids compared to Australia.

Men's polo from lacoste is about 1500 baht. $50. You'll pay $140, around 4200 baht in Melbourne.

Nike shoes are 1200 baht here for my son, in Australia it's exactly double the price.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

whats more crazy is that it seems the australian tourist spend their whole vacation at central browsing clothes for their kids. They dont even have sales in thailand

''They dont even have sales in thailand ''..ahhmmm ....yes they do smile.png

Clothes, shoes and accessories are so much cheaper here for kids compared to Australia.

Men's polo from lacoste is about 1500 baht. $50. You'll pay $140, around 4200 baht in Melbourne.

Nike shoes are 1200 baht here for my son, in Australia it's exactly double the price.

Aren't fake goods the same price most places?

I thought there were signs in Central indicating it is forbidden to take photos which I assume is for security reasons yet security staff seem to be pretty thin on the ground there at times. Perhaps they think the camera showing a live view of the underside of your car when entering is sufficient.

While living here, we often forget what were remarkable things we looked when we first came here.

Large shopping centers with all the world brands can be something what we did not expect to see when we were coming for the first time to the 3rd world country.

The fruit stalls are quite remarkable with huge variety of 'exotic' fruits.

I remember when my Asian friend was all exited while she was going to visit Frankfurt and Munich. As European, that felt nothing to be exited about for for her it was all new and different world.

So you're telling me that australia has 150$ polos that cost 45-65$ in Every single country around the world and australians cant figure out how to use amazon or whatever else? They have to take an expensive flight to thailand instead of paying for shipping?

and lol 1500b for nikes at central.. a good regular model is 2500b+

Have been visiting my home country for a few months and clothes are sooo much cheaper here especialy with the massive 50-80% sales every now and then.

Just bought a pair of DC shoes that went for 70$ for 19$ and a pair of beige pants from 39$ to 6.99$. at old navy Never seen such sales in Thailand on good branded items.