Oil Spillage On Central Pattaya Road Causes Multiple Accidents

Rimmer

Oil Spillage on Central Pattaya Road causes multiple accidents

oil-7.jpg
PATTAYA:On Friday Afternoon the Central Pattaya Road resembled an ice-skating rink following an oil spillage which caused multiple road accidents and some minor injuries.

Traffic Police were on-duty at the Police Box located outside of Big C Xtra when a truck full of oil barrels drove down the road. It’s driver would have been unaware that one of the barrels fell onto its side causing a 500 meter long trail of oil.

Police ran into the road and began by signaling to drivers, especially those on motorbikes, to slow down. Some complied but others ignored the warning
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/87564/oil-spillage-central-pattaya-road-multiple-accidents/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-18

I was there yesterday afternoon. It took more then 45 minutes as the truck with sand bags arrived. The police officer didn't warn the drivers. Lately, some motorcycle taxi drivers start to give hand signs to the drivers. In my opinion, the best solution should be, to close the street.

At least 20 accidents happens in this short time period.

I was there yesterday afternoon. It took more then 45 minutes as the truck with sand bags arrived. The police officer didn't warn the drivers. Lately, some motorcycle taxi drivers start to give hand signs to the drivers. In my opinion, the best solution should be, to close the street. At least 20 accidents happens in this short time period.

Closing the road would have been far too sensible an idea clap2.gif

Yes, I can imagine a lot of people not slowing down to give donations for no reason laugh.png

Well even for Pattaya's road maintenance you would expect it not to be a big problem in acquiring some sand quickly, What worries me is how they disposed of the contaminated sand?

As for the driver of the offending truck, if it was the UK the charge would be "having an insecure load" and after his insurance gets the bill he will be paying very high premiums for the next few years.

Edited by Basil B

Glad I wasn't driving on my chopper there. I even hate the fish oil that drips out of peoples small trucks when carting fish around. Very dangerous. Hope no one was hurt bad and that the owner of the truck (company) will pay for everyones bike damage.