Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumped the gun a bit now i think of it, it will be at least 4 months before completion. would anyone consider the purchase of a 70m/2 1 bedroom 2 bathroom for 5mill bht a good deal? 11 th floor. also what would you think a fair rental would be. I had a look around a bit and stayed at the s.m grande in their 1 bedroom for 1 month. thay charged 45000 bht non negotiable even for 6 months. and i t was a bit crappy. other places around soi 8 11 etc are asking the same.

Jumped the gun a bit now i think of it, it will be at least 4 months before completion. would anyone consider the purchase of a 70m/2 1 bedroom 2 bathroom for 5mill bht a good deal? 11 th floor. also what would you think a fair rental would be. I had a look around a bit and stayed at the s.m grande in their 1 bedroom for 1 month. thay charged 45000 bht non negotiable even for 6 months. and i t was a bit crappy. other places around soi 8 11 etc are asking the same.

A short stroll down the soi (past the ambassador rear entrance), you can get a 60m2 1 bedroom, no balcony in an older building above the 27th floor for the asking price of 2.8million. Rental for an appartment like this is 23-25000 fully furnished with UBC. Rental for a 72m2 2 bedroom with balcony is 35000. Penthouse on the 43rd and 44th floors goes for 21million, I think 144m2.

Any short term rental (less than 12 month lease) will cost you about 30% more I think for similar standard. I think this end of the market is owned by the hotels and wholly owned serviced appartment buildings - lots of rooms, known standard == no hassles for the customer.

(I can't wait for the Trendy and the other one on the corner to open - there are no guards outside the Miami Hotel or whatever it is called so soi 13 should be nicknamed soi hong nam after 10pm.)

Not sure about higher end condos, but I have stayed at various apartments in Sukhumvit, and there is a lot of accommodation around, which I'd personally say offers better vfm in that 45k price bracket, eg

1) about 2-3 years ago I stayed in one on Suk Soi 13 (can't remember the name) about half way down. 10 floor building. Cost 35k-40k a month for 3 bed apartment somewhere around 150-200m2

2) about 18mths-2years ago I stayed in PAL mansion suk soi 29 - 3 bed apartment in about 10 floor building. Cost 40k a month for 3 bed apartment

3) Another one was in Suk Soi 11 similar price. Enter soi 11 keep going passed QBar and don't turn off into soi 3 but straight on, on RHS

Was 35k-40k. somewhere around 150-200m2 again

There are a lot of these buildings in mid-sukhumvit, often Indian owned. Older in style, but large and good vfm, with decent swimming pools, and being smaller, can be quieter.

Don't really see why anyone would want to pay 45k for renting one bed in that area. Can probably also get good central serviced apartments for that money, i.e less hassle

Edited by fletchthai68

across the street over on sukumvit soi 12, you can find many 3 bedrooms with maid rooms included going for about 30k baht a month. I saw one about 250 sqm. 1 bedroom for 45k baht a month? possible - if it is a rookie with no knowledge of bangkok.

Thanks for your replys however I didnt say it would get 45,000. The question is does anyone know what a fair rental would be? and yes i have seen older condos much bigger and much cheaper however I personally couldnt live in them but thats just me. some of those places 20 years old with extremely shabby furniture

anyone know what a fair asking price would be fully furnished ?

Thanks for your replys however I didnt say it would get 45,000. The question is does anyone know what a fair rental would be? and yes i have seen older condos much bigger and much cheaper however I personally couldnt live in them but thats just me. some of those places 20 years old with extremely shabby furniture

Hi mate,

You'll rent it between 30-35,000 Baht per month.

By the way, what's your unit number on the 11th floor? Is it a corner unit? Is it facing the back or front towards the Regent Developments??

Cheers.

Hi mate,

By the way, what's your unit number on the 11th floor? Is it a corner unit? Is it facing the back or front towards the Regent Developments??

Cheers.

thanks for actually reading my post before replying. its not a corner unit and its facing the back.

Hi mate,

Cheers.

thanks for actually reading my post before replying. its not a corner unit and its facing the back.

No wonder they sold it to you so CHEAPLY!

Unwanted units go cheap mate..........You obviously got a crap view. You get what you pay for!

All the best units were purchased 2 years ago.

So good luck with your new romping pad!

Hi mate,

Cheers.

No wonder they sold it to you so CHEAPLY!

Unwanted units go cheap mate..........You obviously got a crap view. You get what you pay for!

All the best units were purchased 2 years ago.

So good luck with your new romping pad!

As a totally disinterested viewer to this Trendy thread can I say that a few weeks ago I was looking round the upstairs open terrace of the Ambassador Hotel where they have a large collection of parrots, macaws and other birds. The screeching and squawking of the parrots was deafening. Just like a zoo!

I would be pretty pi**ed off if I lived just opposite in the overlooking Trendy building and had to listen to that cacophony everyday. (Maybe at the back it's quieter?)

Hi. I do agree that Trendy has had its ups and downs. I got in at Feb 2006 and I remember a few months after I wished I had bought their stock instead (their stock shot 50%+ while the condo crepted past the completion date on my contract). Well, as I recently got back from the States when I bought it I was pretty ignorant on what the condo market was heading into...

Today, completion is definitely in sight. The office says end of September (I checked a few days ago). However, I think it should be closer to October. A good sign though (that the project is near completion and the value is definitely up) is that when I decided to sell my 70 sq.m. unit back the developer and collect on the 8% fees (which is generous versus many other developers), AND THEY ACCEPTED -- no questions asked. I almost had to pinch myself. But it may be a couple of few weeks from now before I see the check though so message me know if you are interested in taking over.

Anyway, I think the rental for a 1BR should be at least at 25,000 per month, or a 6%+ yield...not too bad considering where the rates are at today. Cheers.

5MB should be below market...rationale being that the developer is gladly buying back mine at 4.82 MB (Floor 12A). Thanks.

Edited by sbancha

their approach of constantly lying about the completition date has to be less effective then simply saying 'we wont finish until this date', unless they are really that disorganized in regards to the expected progession.

A month's rent seems to go for around 1/200 of the property's value. So if you spent 6m, it'd be 30K a month minus costs of a real estate agent.

For a brand new place, which is therefore over priced due to the Thai dislike of buying second hand. Apartments with listed price of 5-6m apartments in this older building have a pretty standard rental of 35k and the occupancy rate seems very high.

what do the agents charge as comission on the rental?

The agent I went through for my current rental took one months rent (from the owner, not me).

The Thai agent I used took 10% of the first month rent (from the owner, not me) as payment for leading me to the unit (between Silom and Sathorn)

Taking $35K for such a service seems exhorbiant. Actually, at that rate, I think Im in the wrong business.

The agent I went through for my current rental took one months rent (from the owner, not me).

The Thai agent I used took 10% of the first month rent (from the owner, not me) as payment for leading me to the unit (between Silom and Sathorn)

Taking $35K for such a service seems exhorbiant. Actually, at that rate, I think Im in the wrong business.

think you meant 3.5 k that would be 10% or you were paying 350.000 k bht rent which would mean you are definatley in the right biz!!!!

Edited by zorro1

think you meant 3.5 k that would be 10% or you were paying 350.000 k bht rent which would mean you are definatley in the right biz!!!!

haha. i meant 35k baht. that is a ton of money to charge for finding someone a tennant. like i said, the person who found me my apartment only got 10% of the first month.

haha. i meant 35k baht. that is a ton of money to charge for finding someone a tennant. like i said, the person who found me my apartment only got 10% of the first month.

One months rent is a standard fee that agents cahrge for finding a renter.

That's waht I have been paying.

I'm quoting the fee to list a property of a fairly high profile property site staffed with farang who take you around the listed properties - the sort of service a property owner uses to find a tenant (and if you get a tenant 1 month sooner than a free listing service, if they exist, it just payed for itself). This is a different service to paying someone to locate interesting properties and take you around, which is the service a customer uses. I imagine estate agents agree to pay the 10% kickback to the property seekers in exchange for them bothering to take potential renters around. And the agent keeps 90% of the 1 months rental (or whatever) they charge the owner.

I have two studios (35 m2) in 15. floor. Today I got an e-mail promising that all the common areas would be finished by the end of August. And the ownership transfer should take place in the beginning of September. I hope this time they would keep their promises.

I want to have my condos for rent on long term contracts, but I am not sure if I should have them fully decorated and furnished. Is there a market for renting empty condos? And do anybody have a clue about the prices, and if I should use the administration in The Trendy or choose somebody else to take care of it?

I want to have my condos for rent on long term contracts, but I am not sure if I should have them fully decorated and furnished. Is there a market for renting empty condos? And do anybody have a clue about the prices, and if I should use the administration in The Trendy or choose somebody else to take care of it?

Have you thought if anybody would want to rent in there at all?

Empty? That's not kind of a place where expats would be shipping their goods from overseas.

Leave it with the condo company to carry on with the first rental agreement.

Sorry to say, IMO, you are high and dry with Trendy. Expect long vacancies.

Have you thought if anybody would want to rent in there at all?

Empty? That's not kind of a place where expats would be shipping their goods from overseas.

Leave it with the condo company to carry on with the first rental agreement.

Sorry to say, IMO, you are high and dry with Trendy. Expect long vacancies.

I think you are wrong there fella. The most important thing to people who will be renting in the price range that the unit is walking distance to the BTS. The one thing that the Trendy does offer is that is sure is BTS friendly. Its right there. I think that units there will fill quickly and occupancy will be high, for that reason alone!

I have two studios (35 m2) in 15. floor. Today I got an e-mail promising that all the common areas would be finished by the end of August. And the ownership transfer should take place in the beginning of September. I hope this time they would keep their promises.

A little further down soi 13 I only see furnished appartments, most with UBC. The smaller units (40m2) have a lower occupancy rate than any of the larger units apart from the way overpriced penthouses, but it still seems decent.

I think a fair rate would be 16-18k per month fully furnished with UBC. They are a little smaller than the corresponding units down the road and probably crappier view, but are new and a few minutes closer to the skytrain.