Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

I got my keys already and fitting out.... but the problem is the lifts/elevators dont work with regular buttons yet (you can only access them during normal working hours with a called security guard)...so effectively you cant use your unit :o

did they give you a time frame for lifts? I need to move in on the 1st oct

no time frame given on when the lifts will be done....when I ask its always "soon"....

Oct 1st? thats a week away...good luck.....

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be afraid be very afraid... only personally know one other buyer who has taken delivery of his 70 sqm 1 bedder which turned out to be a 71sqm condo as listed on his title deed so he had to pay the extra based on his original purchase price. No big deal just 1 sqm. Today I received my final reconciliation which consists of 6 bank checks to different departments except one little over sight... my 70 sq condo is actually a 74 sqm condo so i got to pay around 250k bht extra and i settle on 1st October so not a lot of warning here. I can raise the extra funds but what if I COULD NOT??? that's a lot of money. apart from that the trendy staff have been sensational and a total pleasure to deal with and you cant blame office staff they just doing the best they can. If you are on a budget make sure you confirm your condo size BEFORE you fly out with your cash or you could be in for a rude awakening...

Be afraid be very afraid... only personally know one other buyer who has taken delivery of his 70 sqm 1 bedder which turned out to be a 71sqm condo as listed on his title deed so he had to pay the extra based on his original purchase price. No big deal just 1 sqm. Today I received my final reconciliation which consists of 6 bank checks to different departments except one little over sight... my 70 sq condo is actually a 74 sqm condo so i got to pay around 250k bht extra and i settle on 1st October so not a lot of warning here. I can raise the extra funds but what if I COULD NOT??? that's a lot of money. apart from that the trendy staff have been sensational and a total pleasure to deal with and you cant blame office staff they just doing the best they can. If you are on a budget make sure you confirm your condo size BEFORE you fly out with your cash or you could be in for a rude awakening...

I was wondering if this was a common occurence or not. Seems open to abuse.

Our condo was 1 or 2 m2 bigger as well. How can you check. In our case it made a difference. Our condo was just under 10mio so we borrowed 90%. According to BoT if it is over 10mio, you can only borrow a max of 70%. Difference is about 2mio in cashflow, tho' we're looking at ways

Our condo was 1 or 2 m2 bigger as well. How can you check. In our case it made a difference. Our condo was just under 10mio so we borrowed 90%. According to BoT if it is over 10mio, you can only borrow a max of 70%. Difference is about 2mio in cashflow, tho' we're looking at ways

If you have recieved your letter of transfer date then you should call them and they will have the information for you including all your final costings. And yes this is a common occurance

You can check and verify the m2 of your unit when you do the final inspection. Just bring a tape measure to verify all the dimensions shown on the lay-out plan of your unit. Each unit should have a layout plan showing the measurements around the entire perimeter of your condo unit.

That is a bloody good size for a one bedroom Condo! The only aspect here is at The Lakes I felt clostrophopic in 185 Sq meters.

You can check and verify the m2 of your unit when you do the final inspection. Just bring a tape measure to verify all the dimensions shown on the lay-out plan of your unit. Each unit should have a layout plan showing the measurements around the entire perimeter of your condo unit.

My Plan Showed 68sqm. I bought a 70sqm condo and on the title deed it shows 74sqm. I asked for the correct plan but they didnt have one. My advice is you do dont order custom built furniture untill you physically measure. the only correct figure is whats on your deeds

That is a bloody good size for a one bedroom Condo! The only aspect here is at The Lakes I felt clostrophopic in 185 Sq meters.

Depends . A 185 sq 3 bedroom can be more cramped than a big one bedder.

My Plan Showed 68sqm. I bought a 70sqm condo and on the title deed it shows 74sqm. I asked for the correct plan but they didnt have one. My advice is you do dont order custom built furniture untill you physically measure. the only correct figure is whats on your deeds

I agree - But in anycase you should only be able to install after handover - In my case Asian Motifs have been in to measure up but cannot install, (no handed over just yet) - I hope that helps

Depends . A 185 sq 3 bedroom can be more cramped than a big one bedder.

True may flat in london is approx 100sm - 2 bedroom - so I sort of had a guideline to go by - I started asking questions like does that include carparking space, balcony space? I got vauge answers.

ctach 22.

anyone got a solution fot this? I need to pay the owner of my unit his share approx 1.6mill and then the balance to trendy on completion. Im trying to avoid flying from oz to hand over a cheque. they wont post a signed contract as they want the money first. If I transfer the money there is no gaurentee they will sign after? cant think of a way around this one except fly over.

Not sure if it is still relevant, but in our import business, we use escrow bank services all the time. maybe you could arrange that. They send the signed contract to the escrow bank, you send the money. then the bank gives you the contract, and they get the money.

I just moved in and I do believe Im the only one here... being treated like a rock star by 50 bored security people

Guys there are lots of you - the first has declaired he is in! (Superb stuff awaiting the invite for G&T on the balcony)

I just moved in and I do believe Im the only one here... being treated like a rock star by 50 bored security people

Guys there are lots of you - the first has declaired he is in! (Superb stuff awaiting the invite for G&T on the balcony)

If you are on the third floor, you left the water running. Or something up there sprang a leak and was draining all over the family mart sign and atm.

Update regarding the last few posts.

The lifts are all still operated by security so its hit and miss where you will find a lift that's working but there seems to be 6 lifts from memory. Im on the 10th floor so I walk down to the 6th where the pool is and usually there is a lift there and getting back up is easy as security will call the lift from ground floor and I believe one lift will be on auto as of today but so far haven't seen a farang. The swimming pool is now fully tiled and around 2 -3 weeks from being finished and there is also the worlds biggest swirl pool and kiddies pool along with gym and the landscaping looks sensational lots of green. every condo gets a car park but not numbered. lots of shops operational and there is I think 6 upmarket massage and tailors, a food court, Internet cafe, laundries plus a heap of others yet to open.

The finish inside the condo is good but not brilliant but then again its a makeover

1. all windows frames very good quality

2. bathrooms very good quality BUT no heating system (you will need to buy) and really bizarre no electrical outlets.

3. paint job is poor just one coat maybe so if your fussy will need to re paint but thats inexpensive over here

4. floors imation vinyl floor board are poor quality. I will have a lot of rugs and my mate is already ripping his up for tiling

5. a/c very good and quite ducted with auto select and it works keeping steady temp. 2 a/c for 1 bedroom

6. kitchen good quality

7 foyer is 5 star,extremely impressing

over all very good value for money

Edited by zorro1

The lifts are all still operated by security so its hit and miss where you will find a lift that's working but there seems to be 6 lifts from memory. Im on the 10th floor so I walk down to the 6th where the pool is and usually there is a lift there and getting back up is easy as security will call the lift from ground floor and I believe one lift will be on auto as of today but so far haven't seen a farang. The swimming pool is now fully tiled and around 2 -3 weeks from being finished and there is also the worlds biggest swirl pool and kiddies pool along with gym and the landscaping looks sensational lots of green. every condo gets a car park but not numbered. lots of shops operational and there is I think 6 upmarket massage and tailors, a food court, Internet cafe, laundries plus a heap of others yet to open.

The finish inside the condo is good but not brilliant but then again its a makeover

2. bathrooms very good quality BUT no heating system (you will need to buy) and really bizarre no electrical outlets.

3. paint job is poor just one coat maybe so if your fussy will need to re paint but thats inexpensive over here

4. floors imation vinyl floor board are poor quality. I will have a lot of rugs and my mate is already ripping his up for tiling

5. a/c very good and quite ducted with auto select and it works keeping steady temp. 2 a/c for 1 bedroom

6. kitchen good quality

Very interesting to watch the developments - I wouldn't worry too much about the electrical outlets, in the UK they are forbidden by law in the bathroom (safety reasons), though shaver sockets are allowed. No hot water system? is that what you mean by heating system?

6. kitchen good quality

Very interesting to watch the developments - I wouldn't worry too much about the electrical outlets, in the UK they are forbidden by law in the bathroom (safety reasons), though shaver sockets are allowed. No hot water system? is that what you mean by heating system?

yes but they tiny little tightly coiled copper things but work extremely well . About the size of a childs shoe box now. Around 7000 bht for a good one and most here will know that type of h/water system is the norm for condos. Today full security at both entrances and you get the full salute etc etc. lifts no longer a problem, I just call them and they knock on my door within a few minutes

Edited by zorro1

I have been monitoring this thread for some time as i find the whole thing fascinating. Until recently i lived in Suk Soi 13.

Let me see if i have this right. You signed a contract on a 70sqm unit and they built you a 71sqm unit instead? And as if that wasnt amazing enough you actually have to fork out extra cash to pay for the extra size? I cannot believe people are actually considering completing on oversized units. Don't you think you should consult your lawyer?

I have been monitoring this thread for some time as i find the whole thing fascinating. Until recently i lived in Suk Soi 13.

Let me see if i have this right. You signed a contract on a 70sqm unit and they built you a 71sqm unit instead? And as if that wasn't amazing enough you actually have to fork out extra cash to pay for the extra size? I cannot believe people are actually considering completing on oversized units. Don't you think you should consult your lawyer?

May I ask why you are monitoring??... ok firstly what lawyers? In oz a property transaction cost a fortune in lawyers fees stamp duties and various other taxes. Long story short. It wasn't 70sqm changed to 71 sqm. It was 70 changed to 74 sqm :o

what are my options?

just for perspective...

its approx 250k extra for the 4 sqm very roughly

a. Fight it in court as a farang only to have a finger waved at me saying " it 74 sqm you mut pay"

b. Probably pay close to that to fight it

c. Its not technically a rip off. It is actually 74 sqm. Sure they stuffed it up but it I'm not being cheated if you get my point

d. If it was visa a versa i would fight it

e. If i thought it was intentional fraud i would fight it on principle

f. This ain't USA so just get on with it

On the other hand if you haven't got the 250k your screwed either way. Its a good point you bring up and I'm Sure a lot of buyers will have some dramas in this area and it will be interesting to follow up on

Let me see if i have this right. You signed a contract on a 70sqm unit and they built you a 71sqm unit instead? And as if that wasnt amazing enough you actually have to fork out extra cash to pay for the extra size? I cannot believe people are actually considering completing on oversized units. Don't you think you should consult your lawyer?

Not sure what a monitor is but its a very valid point you bring up. Did I think about it? yes for 2 SECONDS.. If I thought it was pre medidiated i would fight it. If it was the other way around (I lost 4sqm), the same. Mine was 4sqm over. the title deed says 74 sqm so that's it and that's what I will sell it for when the time comes. I don't need to fight it as I got a great deal on a pre existing condo and the msq was charged at that rate. What would it cost me in lawyers fees? who cares I'm here relaxed and comfortable although I'm sure this will be a hot topic

did you get hi-speed internet and cable TV in Trendy yet?

forget true for Internet. TOT have exclusive rights with trendy and the deal if you sign for 24 mths you get a free wi-fi modem and 2mb at 1000bht per month and if you need voip (skype) like me you may have to upgrade to their business package and that's only 1mb but far less traffic so a much higher download but I will wait and see how 2mb handles it first. I will be on line in 36 hours and fantastic service even though the staff could barely speak English. Don't know about cable

Not sure what a monitor is but its a very valid point you bring up. Did I think about it? yes for 2 SECONDS.. If I thought it was pre medidiated i would fight it. If it was the other way around (I lost 4sqm), the same. Mine was 4sqm over. the title deed says 74 sqm so that's it and that's what I will sell it for when the time comes. I don't need to fight it as I got a great deal on a pre existing condo and the msq was charged at that rate. What would it cost me in lawyers fees? who cares I'm here relaxed and comfortable although I'm sure this will be a hot topic

Agreed I think the lawyer route is a waste of time for amount involved. I started a separate thread on this. One key point is how can you prove it's actually bigger or not? Also what about the ones that are smaller and they could keep quiet. Given Trendy's financial problems in the past...

Agreed I think the lawyer route is a waste of time for amount involved. I started a separate thread on this. One key point is how can you prove it's actually bigger or not? Also what about the ones that are smaller and they could keep quiet. Given Trendy's financial problems in the past...

An architect with a tape measure I guess. Does any one in any country atually check these things ? i never have I just accept whats on the deeds and I dont think the next person who buys your condo will check either. Maybe developers have been making a fortune :o

I have a 35mtr unit, high floor, with the view looking towards Soi 11, between Ambassador tower and new Regent building.

Since signing up for this many moons ago i now wish i had gone for the 1 bedroom, 70 mtr unit.

Does anyone have a bigger unit, with same directional view as mine who would consider a swap, plus cash, or is even thinking of selling out completely.

Let me know and we can take it from there...

Cheers..

I have a 35mtr unit, high floor, with the view looking towards Soi 11, between Ambassador tower and new Regent building.

Since signing up for this many moons ago i now wish i had gone for the 1 bedroom, 70 mtr unit.

Does anyone have a bigger unit, with same directional view as mine who would consider a swap, plus cash, or is even thinking of selling out completely.

Let me know and we can take it from there...

Cheers..

Hi 'bluelabel' if you google 'The Trendy Bangkok' you can see a few condos (but not that many) up for sale as the inevitable investors take their profit, or change in circumstances takes place.

I have just suddenly realised that a lot of people at The Trendy will be making final payments.

Just in case anyone is unaware please read this thread on On-Shore Off-Shore rates

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127371

If you do not exercise caution YOU WILL pay 10% extra for your condominium, there are examples!

Edited by pkrv

• 2 weeks later...
I got my keys already and fitting out.... but the problem is the lifts/elevators dont work with regular buttons yet (you can only access them during normal working hours with a called security guard)...so effectively you cant use your unit :o

Hi Guys,

Has any other foreign purchasers got their keys and have completed the sales transaction yet?

I've emailed Grande Asset but they have not replied and provided me with any further info regards to transfer and completion dates.

If any of you guys have been through the whole transfer saga, please share your ordeals.......and the manner in which it all happened, i.e. in BKK at the transfer office, monies settlement and overall handover.

Cheers

:D