Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

I got my keys already and fitting out.... but the problem is the lifts/elevators dont work with regular buttons yet (you can only access them during normal working hours with a called security guard)...so effectively you cant use your unit :o

Hi Guys,

Has any other foreign purchasers got their keys and have completed the sales transaction yet?

I've emailed Grande Asset but they have not replied and provided me with any further info regards to transfer and completion dates.

If any of you guys have been through the whole transfer saga, please share your ordeals.......and the manner in which it all happened, i.e. in BKK at the transfer office, monies settlement and overall handover.

Cheers

:D

Don't forget people will be pissed off if personal details are released by the developer.

Reading back though the thread you should be able to PM, I can see the interested parties, you should too.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've emailed Grande Asset but they have not replied and provided me with any further info regards to transfer and completion dates."

A big company like that and no return emails. That's bull.

Workmanship, managment, maintenence, security is not going to be pretty.

I predict that project will be a continuing headache for anybody doing business there.

It is extremely interesting to watch the handover process - I note that at The Park it looks like to hand over all 219 units will take around 3 months. I haven't yet been given the 2 week notification for my low floor 2 bedroom apartment so it probably means the October dates for start of handover of this type of apartment are not going to be met.

We may be seeing a cultural 'Face' issue here? I don't know. There are no problems at The Park but I find I do have to prod for information. Mind you 219 people prodding just a few sales guys must become tedious for them?

Anyone who has got their keys..........You must have had an apartment full of defects!

:o

My mate just been around to do an inspection on Trendy. We have a total of three flats amongst us (three lads).

He contacted me to say that he was totally disppointed with the finishing etc.

Well, here's the score..........1 unit on the 11th, the other on the 12th and the third on the 9th floor.

Defects found - approximately 30 different faults in each apartment. The units are not fit to be lived in, let alone to be transferred across.

It is totally appalling.........according to my mate.............an amateur job done throughout!

Trendy won't be tranferring these units till end of the year................Hence, 20 months later than indicated in our contract.

Amazing Thailand!

Good luck to other buyers............... :D

I have been monitoring this thread for some time as i find the whole thing fascinating. Until recently i lived in Suk Soi 13.

Let me see if i have this right. You signed a contract on a 70sqm unit and they built you a 71sqm unit instead? And as if that wasnt amazing enough you actually have to fork out extra cash to pay for the extra size? I cannot believe people are actually considering completing on oversized units. Don't you think you should consult your lawyer?

i imagine this was covered in his contract.

"20 months later than indicated in our contract."

I'm sure the folks that bought at the nearby Regent's have similar tales of woe. When that project is completed, it will be about 3 years later than expected.

According to the contract, they are supposed to compensate the buyer with interest on his/her deposit after the fourth month of delay based on the prevailing interest rate of Bangkok Bank. Did anyone receive any compensation for the delay ?

"20 months later than indicated in our contract."

I'm sure the folks that bought at the nearby Regent's have similar tales of woe. When that project is completed, it will be about 3 years later than expected.

According to the contract, they are supposed to compensate the buyer with interest on his/her deposit after the fourth month of delay based on the prevailing interest rate of Bangkok Bank. Did anyone receive any compensation for the delay ?

I bought a 1 bedroom on level 17, they tell me it will be ready for inspection and hand over mid November.

I am just gratefull the project is nearly finished because about a year ago I was sure I had lost my 25% deposit.

As far as the finishing? I'm not too concerned about this, to re paint and decorate is very cheap in Bkk.

Overall the project finish has exceded my expextations and looks very good from the Mall upto level 17.

It's been a long drawn out hair raising experience dealing with Grande Asset, now I am juz happy the project is nearly complete.

Good luck to all dealing with them.

Anyone who has got their keys..........You must have had an apartment full of defects!

My mate just been around to do an inspection on Trendy. We have a total of three flats amongst us (three lads).

He contacted me to say that he was totally disppointed with the finishing etc.

Well, here's the score..........1 unit on the 11th, the other on the 12th and the third on the 9th floor.

Defects found - approximately 30 different faults in each apartment. The units are not fit to be lived in, let alone to be transferred across.

It is totally appalling.........according to my mate.............an amateur job done throughout!

Trendy won't be tranferring these units till end of the year................Hence, 20 months later than indicated in our contract.

Amazing Thailand!

Good luck to other buyers............... :D

I've found many defects in my units too. Fire sprinklers set too low; gaps between the floor and dry walls; un-finished caulking & cracked tiles in the bathrooms; etc. Did anyone get a chance to check on the air conditioners? Mine kept tripping off line. I wonder if the wiring or breaker is properly sized. :D

Why are so many new posters posting to this thread now?

Probably, they all want to highlight what a crap unit they've bought with 45 defects each.

I don't understand why Trendy even bothers organising inspections when the units are not ready or even fit to be lived in.

I hope the Trendy bossess or their sales managers read this thread in their spare time rather than hanging out in Patpong.

they got your money upfront. anytime that happens i think you are bound to get lousy service, but at least you got a cheap price all the way back then.

They didn't get all the money upfront mate................Only 25%.

Still the large amount, 75% will only be released until we are fully satisifed with the quality of the finishing.

The ball is still in our court.

Let's see..............eh.

I have moved in and paid in full and they are replacing my floor covering . The wall skirting or whatever its called is separating due to cheap glue. Also some plaster cracking. All being fixed and that's a big job so service not too shabby after full payment. The Air con in both rooms is sweet both being run at around 27c. I guess it helps being one of few living here as I have struck up a relationship with staff. I smile a lot and hand out a few 500 bht notes :o

Also tot internet connected 2mb. I use skype around 4 hrs/day so was sweating on a good connection and its absolutely crystal clear

Edited by zorro1

Thanks everyone for their udpates

Have just visited Trendy 7th floor unit.

Unfinished !

No change since July.

No floor or kitchen unit as yet.

Impossible to transfer on this basis.

They say 80 people have already transferred and 10 have moved in.

I made an appointment to chat to Grande Asset to voice my concerns and discuss compensation.

They say that a compensation package is being drawn up at the moment.

For anyone else planning to do the same, their office is on 5th floor of the Westin Car Park Soi 19.

One new feature affecting floor 7.

There are rows of security lockers as you exit the lift.

I agree that they are needed, but it ruins the visual effect of the glass area.

I have moved in and paid in full and they are replacing my floor covering . The wall skirting or whatever its called is separating due to cheap glue. Also some plaster cracking. All being fixed and that's a big job so service not too shabby after full payment. The Air con in both rooms is sweet both being run at around 27c. I guess it helps being one of few living here as I have struck up a relationship with staff. I smile a lot and hand out a few 500 bht notes :o

Also tot internet connected 2mb. I use skype around 4 hrs/day so was sweating on a good connection and its absolutely crystal clear

Whats the resale value for a 1 bedder?

I have moved in and paid in full and they are replacing my floor covering . The wall skirting or whatever its called is separating due to cheap glue. Also some plaster cracking. All being fixed and that's a big job so service not too shabby after full payment. The Air con in both rooms is sweet both being run at around 27c. I guess it helps being one of few living here as I have struck up a relationship with staff. I smile a lot and hand out a few 500 bht notes :D

A lot more than what we paid :o

Thanks everyone for their udpates

Have just visited Trendy 7th floor unit.

Unfinished !

No change since July.

No floor or kitchen unit as yet.

Impossible to transfer on this basis.

Hi Mate,

Same story as indicated in my earlier contribution to this thread.

Amongst us, we have 1 unit on the 11th, the other on the 12th and the third on the 9th floor.

Defects found - approximately 30 different faults in each apartment.

It is totally appalling.

Guess what? Trendy won't be tranferring these units until next year now. We have threatened them and will play ball with the developers.

Drop me a mail and I'll update you on the compensation package.

davethebig1 at hotmail. co . uk

Cheers.

I have moved in and paid in full and they are replacing my floor covering . The wall skirting or whatever its called is separating due to cheap glue. Also some plaster cracking. All being fixed and that's a big job so service not too shabby after full payment. The Air con in both rooms is sweet both being run at around 27c. I guess it helps being one of few living here as I have struck up a relationship with staff. I smile a lot and hand out a few 500 bht notes :D

A lot more than what we paid :o

Everyone who bought off the plan has made a very tidy profit already. The gym was organised by a total moron. one machine with 10 different settings!!you know the one they advertise it late at night on TV so basically one person will shut the gym down unless you want to use the treadmill and there are 2. one bench press and that's it so the whole thing only uses up around 10% of the gym floor space but they have spread it around to look a bit better

everyone who bought anything 3 years ago made a nice profit because prices are up across the board. patting people on the back for purchasing the trendy is kind of funny, as it is late and delivering an inferior product. that said, there should be a nice supply of middle aged men to rent it out every month at this location.

everyone who bought anything 3 years ago made a nice profit because prices are up across the board. patting people on the back for purchasing the trendy is kind of funny, as it is late and delivering an inferior product. that said, there should be a nice supply of middle aged men to rent it out every month at this location.

An interesting comment, and in a sense I agree – But I don't think some people have quite realised that they have bought into the CBD upmarket area. The Trendy may be the last such project delivered to this segment/area - I personally think that Grand Asset Management really underestimated the potential - morons (massively to the buyers benefit). It will be interesting to see how things go.

No offence, but that is not the CBD upmarket area. Bangkok actually has no real CBD. Bangkok does have an emerging CSD (Central Shopping District). And yes, the Trendy is well placed for that. But so are lots of other projects already, with a lot more in the pipeline. That particular stretch is still sleazy, and it will take a lot to clean it up.

yes, that particular stretch is still sleazy, but if you take a longer term view, things are a bit brighter....when the flanking upscale 35 story "Regent Hotel" and the upscale 33 story "Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel" finally finish and open, that Soi 13 corner will clean-up ALOT, but will still keep the funky in-the-middle-of-things surrounds....the B500 millon renovations at the mid-level "Ambassador Hotel" will also help the cause...