Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

Try doubling your estimate...Here's two examples of current rent at Trendy.

THB23000 New Trendy Condo for rent,Sukhumvit 13 Studio 37 Sqm

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/apa/530972287.html

THB49000 / 1br - The Trendy Condominium for Rent 1 bed 64 Sqm

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/apa/577733651.html

It would be fair to be more specific : "current asked rent at Trendy".

:o

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, that particular stretch is still sleazy, but if you take a longer term view, things are a bit brighter....when the flanking upscale 35 story "Regent Hotel" and the upscale 33 story "Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel" finally finish and open, that Soi 13 corner will clean-up ALOT, but will still keep the funky in-the-middle-of-things surrounds....the B500 millon renovations at the mid-level "Ambassador Hotel" will also help the cause...

yeah things are really looking up, what with the beer bars going into the trendy retail space downstairs.

corrected typos

Edited by t.s

yes, that particular stretch is still sleazy, but if you take a longer term view, things are a bit brighter....when the flanking upscale 35 story "Regent Hotel" and the upscale 33 story "Sofitel Sukhumvit Hotel" finally finish and open, that Soi 13 corner will clean-up ALOT, but will still keep the funky in-the-middle-of-things surrounds....the B500 millon renovations at the mid-level "Ambassador Hotel" will also help the cause...

yeah things are really looking up, what with the beer bars going into the trendy retail space downstairs.

corrected typos

yeah two pretty sedate bars with pool tables have come in, but is that a big surprise or bad news in that area? what were you expecting or wanting? Ferragamo and Bulgari boutiques at the Nana zone?

corrected typos

yeah two pretty sedate bars with pool tables have come in, but is that a big surprise or bad news in that area? what were you expecting or wanting? Ferragamo and Bulgari boutiques at the Nana zone?

I think the soi will remain a cesspool until the Miami hotel is gone, or at least takes a bit of pride and stops people using is as the Nana public lavatory. It reeks if it hasn't rained in the last day. Hopefully the ajacent building going up on the corner will have a soi 13 entrance and deal with the problem, or at least wash away the shit and vomit.

For this area, bars on your doorstop are a drawcard rather than a turnoff. It might not be Walking Street, but lower Sukhumvit isn't exactly what you would call a 'family friendly zone' and pushing nightlife out to ajacent sois is an excercise in futility. If this changes, it will change naturally and on the edges first rather than slap bang in the middle between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.

Are you serious Stub?

I drove past last night and there are beer bar girls sitting outside looking for customers. I can't imagine anyone would choose to have this type of bar outside their front door as opposed to a restaurant,coffe shop.flower shop and dry cleaners! There is a place for Beer bars but its not outside where i live! The management should be shot for allowing this to happen - just shows you how incompetent they are. I feel very sorry for anybody who has bought here.

Are you serious Stub?

I drove past last night and there are beer bar girls sitting outside looking for customers. I can't imagine anyone would choose to have this type of bar outside their front door as opposed to a restaurant,coffe shop.flower shop and dry cleaners! There is a place for Beer bars but its not outside where i live! The management should be shot for allowing this to happen - just shows you how incompetent they are. I feel very sorry for anybody who has bought here.

Yes, I'm serious. Why would anyone who doesn't want a bar outside where they live buy in lower Sukhumvit? It is a red light district. You don't have to go far away for this to change, the rents and prices become cheaper, closer to schools and better role models for your kids than bargirls and sex tourists.

If noone has opened a fish bowl in that building it is only because they can't get the necessary license. Trendy Condo is slap bang dead centre of one of the largest red light districts in Thailand and possibly the world. Management probably should be shot though - all that glass frontage seems geared to retail rather than bars and restaurants and I think these will be the only groups prepared to pay the prices commanded by this area for this sort of location.

Are you serious Stub?

I bought here for investment porposes only and I have rented out to someone who loves the fact he is so close to the action.

Open your eyes dude. I ask you why would any farang rent in this area? The same reason YOU are here. GIRLS.

I will be worried if they go :o

I think the soi will remain a cesspool until the Miami hotel is gone, or at least takes a bit of pride and stops people using is as the Nana public lavatory. It reeks if it hasn't rained in the last day. Hopefully the ajacent building going up on the corner will have a soi 13 entrance and deal with the problem, or at least wash away the shit and vomit.

For this area, bars on your doorstop are a drawcard rather than a turnoff. It might not be Walking Street, but lower Sukhumvit isn't exactly what you would call a 'family friendly zone' and pushing nightlife out to ajacent sois is an excercise in futility. If this changes, it will change naturally and on the edges first rather than slap bang in the middle between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.

I doubt Miami will be going for a few years, and I dont see what they have to do with people peeing in the street anyway. There has been no work done on the opposite building for at least 5 months so I wouldnt get your hopes up about that either.

Are you serious Stub?

Yes, I'm serious. Why would anyone who doesn't want a bar outside where they live buy in lower Sukhumvit? It is a red light district. You don't have to go far away for this to change, the rents and prices become cheaper, closer to schools and better role models for your kids than bargirls and sex tourists.

If noone has opened a fish bowl in that building it is only because they can't get the necessary license. Trendy Condo is slap bang dead centre of one of the largest red light districts in Thailand and possibly the world. Management probably should be shot though - all that glass frontage seems geared to retail rather than bars and restaurants and I think these will be the only groups prepared to pay the prices commanded by this area for this sort of location.

A perfect location!

Are you serious Stub?

"Think of the bar girls as a welcoming commitee....HELLO..HANDSOME every time you come home. "

ha ha let me give you a real time reply here in my condo on the 10th floor at trendy. I walked home with my very straight g/f last night and got the full hansum man treatment from the 2 girly bars and it was really funny, they were relentless, I'm starting to think I AM really hansum!! here is some advice.. this area (central Suk) is not for the faint hearted so puleeez go somewhere that suits your personality. I bought here because its a great location with BTS etc and in a few years it will be very different soi.

Those 2 bars are nearly always empty and will eventually fade away.. to be replaced by 2 more :o

Edited by zorro1

Are you serious Stub?

"Think of the bar girls as a welcoming commitee....HELLO..HANDSOME every time you come home. "

ha ha let me give you a real time reply here in my condo on the 10th floor at trendy. I walked home with my very straight g/f last night and got the full hansum man treatment from the 2 girly bars and it was really funny, they were relentless, I'm starting to think I AM really hansum!! here is some advice.. this area (central Suk) is not for the faint hearted so puleeez go somewhere that suits your personality. I bought here because its a great location with BTS etc and in a few years it will be very different soi.

Those 2 bars are nearly always empty and will eventually fade away.. to be replaced by 2 more :o

They could use a few more Tailor shops in that area....

I doubt Miami will be going for a few years, and I dont see what they have to do with people peeing in the street anyway. There has been no work done on the opposite building for at least 5 months so I wouldnt get your hopes up about that either.

People are going to keep pissing there until building guards stop them, or the area is made unattractive for doing so such as brighter lighting. It is in the power of the Miami management to stop it just like it will be in the power of the management of the opposite building, and it might not even cost a cent given there is already likely a bored guard inside who could be asked to earn his keep by telling people to sod off and pay 5 baht at the Internet Cafe to use the toilets. Instead, you have a dark patch with poles to lean against and debris to crouch behind.

(I wonder if you would turn more profit if you shut down one of the tailors shops and converted it to a 5 baht pay-for-use toilet block? I would suggest Trendy but it is too far down the soi and all that glass frontage would be more suitable for a pay-per-view hong nam rather than pay-for use...)

• 2 months later...

Just got my Chanote for the Trendy and am building in SB Furniture.

For ALL the headaches and delays (26 months to be exact) The finished product is as was billed.

The unit itself is nicely finished (after about 9 inspections) and the pool and common areas are decent.

Strangely enough I have (thus far )had less problems with this unit than one built by AP which is considered to be a very reputable builder...

Any other owners out there moving in? I ended up getting about 23,000 baht interest on my deposit for the late charges which was taken off the remaining blance when we went to the land office.

For ALL the headaches and delays (26 months to be exact) The finished product is as was billed.

The unit itself is nicely finished (after about 9 inspections) and the pool and common areas are decent.

Strangely enough I have (thus far )had less problems with this unit than one built by AP which is considered to be a very reputable builder...

Any other owners out there moving in? I ended up getting about 23,000 baht interest on my deposit for the late charges which was taken off the remaining blance when we went to the land office.

I have moved into my condo on level 16. I couldn't be more happy.

Actually there is only 2 condo's occupied on 16 but a lot of fit-outs taking place.

I often chat with fellow owners around the pool at times. I met a Kuwait guy yesterday who bought 2 units and the Syrian embassador has moved in too.

Absolutely love it here...my home away from home.

Good luck to you

Actually there is only 2 condo's occupied on 16 but a lot of fit-outs taking place.

I often chat with fellow owners around the pool at times. I met a Kuwait guy yesterday who bought 2 units and the Syrian embassador has moved in too.

Good luck to you

Congratulations to both Livinginexile and LittleEiffel - I know you have both been through the mill on this one but the delays do appear to be a part of the course here in Thailand (The Park and The Athenee are both also late but now appear to be completed).

Enjoy your new homes - I think you have bought on the edges of a great area, and when the airport express is finished (boy are you going to be close!) I can see the CBD expanding in your direction with all the benefits that will bring - IMO good call, and good luck - PKRV

I guess some of the more prissy HiSo types won't like it but they should have looked over the area before they bought. I think the location is perfect.

• 2 months later...

Good luck to you

I can see from your post it's an upscale neighborhood, glad i didn't buy there. :o

Good luck to you

Congratulations to both Livinginexile and LittleEiffel - I know you have both been through the mill on this one but the delays do appear to be a part of the course here in Thailand (The Park and The Athenee are both also late but now appear to be completed).

Enjoy your new homes - I think you have bought on the edges of a great area, and when the airport express is finished (boy are you going to be close!) I can see the CBD expanding in your direction with all the benefits that will bring - IMO good call, and good luck - PKRV

Airport express, let's see, take a taxi from this area to pratunam / makasan to get on a train that stops 10 times on the way to the airport. Nope, I will just take my 250 baht - 40 min taxi ride thanks.

Good luck to you

Airport express, let's see, take a taxi from this area to pratunam / makasan to get on a train that stops 10 times on the way to the airport. Nope, I will just take my 250 baht - 40 min taxi ride thanks.

bkkjames - not quite correct - I believe the post below is more accurate.

Does anyone have a link for a map of the new airport express and where the stops and end point will be?

Would be grateful if someone does.

AFAIK,

Air Link line (to open next year?) only has 8 stops:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport

2. Lad Krabang Station

3. Ban Thapchang Station

4. Hua Mark Station

5. Ramkhamhaeng Station

6. Makkasan (Air Link Check-In Terminal Station) transfers to Phetchaburi Subway Station

7. Ratchaprarop Station

8. Phaya Thai Station transfers to Phayathai Skytrain Station

The Air Link Non-Stop Express line only has two stops:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport

2. Makkasan (Air Link Check-In Terminal Station) transfers to Phetchaburi Subway Station

check out Thai map here Rail Link Map

I believe that the Makkasan station will also have baggage check in facilities but can't be certain until I use it myself. I'm not sure of journey times but it should be fast.

Good luck to you

I can see from your post it's an upscale neighborhood, glad i didn't buy there. :o

It's rather a combination of a Japanease Love hotel (a short time place) and View Thalay in Pattaya. Add the shameful name "Trendy" atop.

Let me be 100% wrong.

Then, when all the proud owners start making it to their liking, jack hamering and shits all day long for 2-3-5 years.

You need only 1 renovation in the building, + others, enough do derail your sleep for years. If I were a renter there, I would first ask about that.

The location - only one location in BKK could have been worse - the very (1km distant) location of the Nana hotel.

Location, location, location. At it's worst in Asia.

Good luck to you

It's rather a combination of a Japanease Love hotel (a short time place) and View Thalay in Pattaya. Add the shameful name "Trendy" atop.

Let me be 100% wrong.

Then, when all the proud owners start making it to their liking, jack hamering and shits all day long for 2-3-5 years.

You need only 1 renovation in the building, + others, enough do derail your sleep for years. If I were a renter there, I would first ask about that.

The location - only one location in BKK could have been worse - the very (1km distant) location of the Nana hotel.

What are you talking about TTM??

I was going to rent it out but i have decided to keep it for myself, I love it here too much. I spend about 6 mths a year here between work in Dubai.

In my books you can't get a better location

...3 min walk to Nana BTS,

4 min walk to Asok BTS,

One of the best swimming pools in Bkk

Spa, sauna, 24 hour security

I just love it here and so do my fellow residents.

We all bought very cheap at 2004 prices and is worth 20-30% more at current market valuations.

Whats wrong with you TTM? to make such negative posts about this development, that you obviously know nothing about?

It smacks of sour grapes to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to you

Let me be 100% wrong.

I was going to rent it out but i have decided to keep it for myself, I love it here too much. I spend about 6 mths a year here between work in Dubai.

4 min walk to Asok BTS,

We all bought very cheap at 2004 prices and is worth 20-30% more at current market valuations.

Whats wrong with you TTM? to make such negative posts about this development, that you obviously know nothing about?

TTM is truly a pretentious c*ck, that will never change, however "one of the best swimming pools in bangkok" does sound a bit of a reach.

ts

Edited by t.s

Good luck to you

Let me be 100% wrong.

4 min walk to Asok BTS,

TTM is truly a pretentious c*ck, that will never change, however "one of the best swimming pools in bangkok" does sound a bit of a reach.

ts

Haha.

If this poster is not trying to be funny (but it sounds quite what might happen) I could not have said worse than this:

Edited by think_too_mut

TTM try to picture this.

500 mill upgrade to Ambassador hotel well on its way

Sofitel near completion

The Regent hotel and residence (possibly a year or 2 at the current progress) across the road

Near Nana and Asoke

You really think it will still be a bad location and a poor choice at the ridiculously low prices the condos were originally sold for? try buying here in 2 years time. What are your thoughts?

TTM try to picture this.

500 mill upgrade to Ambassador hotel well on its way

Sofitel near completion

The Regent hotel and residence (possibly a year or 2 at the current progress) across the road

Near Nana and Asoke

You really think it will still be a bad location and a poor choice at the ridiculously low prices the condos were originally sold for? try buying here in 2 years time. What are your thoughts?

I would have to agree with you - things are not standing still at all