Good Vet In Pattaya, Recommendations Please

I am a proud papa of 11 pets and looking for a good Vet.

I have some requirements before i start to spend 10000's of baht with them

1. Must speak English(usually a good indication of their learning ability's)

2. Must be well priced

3. Be able to groom cats as well as dogs.

I have used in the past Dr Dog on 3rd, but found they kept lousy records, and instead of giving discount for "large quantity's" they started to charge more.

Have used Pattaya Animal Hospital, Dr Kwanchai, great man and a doctor, sadly with new staff and new clinic, he seem to loose interest in long term customers and allows his staff to do whatever they like.

Price for cat grooming, shot up from 250 baht to 600 over night.

Not to mention, very lazy and unreliable attitude from the staff, dropped off cat for desexing at 8am, by 16:00pm, surgery still not done. Asked to take cat back, staff went ahead and cut her open instead of giving her back.

Pattaya Animal House or something like that, the young kid there has no clue at all what he is doing.

Thonglor is so badly overpriced, that it is not even worth mentioning. 5000-8000 baht to desex when everyone else charge 800-1000 baht

Anyhow, can any recommend well priced, good Vet.

The Lady Doctor on Chiyapuek 1 Jomtien speaks very good English and has very Fair prices..Only Vet clinic on Chiyapuek 1 near the Pizza restaurant and new condos under construction...

Thank you, sadly its little too far for me, i am in Pattaya Tai, so was hoping for someone little closer

The Lady Doctor on Chiyapuek 1 Jomtien speaks very good English and has very Fair prices..Only Vet clinic on Chiyapuek 1 near the Pizza restaurant and new condos under construction...

Thank you, sadly its little too far for me, i am in Pattaya Tai, so was hoping for someone little closer

If Naklua is any good there are two you can have a look at -

Both on the left hand side as you go from the Dolphin roundabout to Naklua. First one is just past the Ayala Hotel (which is on the right) before you start going down the hill. A couple of different female vets there but certainly one who is say mid thirties speaks good English. Service here has been very good and caring but prices are so so.

Second one is almost all the way to the fish market on a corner next to a little dead end soi. Older male vet, speaks very good English and seems to have lots of experience and gave the best advice when we were looking at having a dog spayed. In the end used him and very happy as no problems although price was more than the original quote. Prices seem to be "average".

Not sure on either for grooming and or cats.

Both on the left hand side as you go from the Dolphin roundabout to Naklua. First one is just past the Ayala Hotel (which is on the right) before you start going down the hill. A couple of different female vets there but certainly one who is say mid thirties speaks good English. Service here has been very good and caring but prices are so so.

Second one is almost all the way to the fish market on a corner next to a little dead end soi. Older male vet, speaks very good English and seems to have lots of experience and gave the best advice when we were looking at having a dog spayed. In the end used him and very happy as no problems although price was more than the original quote. Prices seem to be "average".

Is one of them next to bus station? my accountant recommended the one next to the bus station, but do not seem to be able to find it.

Yesterday decided to try again Dr Dog on 3 rd, 2nd vaccination-800 baht, paid it, but will never ever return

Is one of them next to bus station? my accountant recommended the one next to the bus station, but do not seem to be able to find it.

Yesterday decided to try again Dr Dog on 3 rd, 2nd vaccination-800 baht, paid it, but will never ever return

No - I think you mean Pattaya Nua? We looked at them but don't remember them speaking much English. If it is them a village neighbour's bull dog died during/after an operation there not that long ago.

topt, on 22 May 2013 - 11:11, said:

No - I think you mean Pattaya Nua? We looked at them but don't remember them speaking much English. If it is them a village neighbour's bull dog died during/after an operation there not that long ago.

Ok, will skip that place and try to find the ones you mentioned smile.png, thank you

Hello LemonCake,

I would highly recommend Siam Country Pet Hospital on Siam Country Club Road. Heading from Sukhumvit, it's very easy to find on the left side of the road, just past the mosque.

After using a couple different vets since I moved here, I have found the vets there to provide the best care for my babies. They take the time to listen, interact with the pets, and are thoughtful about the course of care required. Costs are very reasonable and they speak excellent English.

Website in English and Thai: http://www.siamcountrypet.com

(in case TV kills my link, that's www (dot) siamcountrypet (dot) com)

Phone: 038.413.689

They also do grooming and boarding, but I have never personally used their cat grooming services!

Good luck - 11 pets! - bless you for taking care of all those critters.

Kind regards,

WaatWang

• 1 month later...

I go to the small clinic directly opposite the drive to Big C on South Pattaya Road. They charge for grooming the poodles 250 Baht, and do a premium job. I could take them straight to a beauty peagant. Heartworm prevention and the yearly inoculation for my Pitbull against an assortment of virae was below 500 Baht last month. The vet is a young woman with fair knowledge of English.

I go to the small clinic directly opposite the drive to Big C on South Pattaya Road. They charge for grooming the poodles 250 Baht, and do a premium job. I could take them straight to a beauty peagant. Heartworm prevention and the yearly inoculation for my Pitbull against an assortment of virae was below 500 Baht last month. The vet is a young woman with fair knowledge of English.

There is no small clinic there. There is Baan something with a huge sign "XRAY" over it, where is the one you talking about?

There is no small clinic there. There is Baan something with a huge sign "XRAY" over it, where is the one you talking about?

You still not settled on one?

You still not settled on one?

I have been trying out a few and not too impressed. also i do not have much time due to work commitments, so finding one next to my house would be ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

Justr a word of warning.

Stay clear of Chaiyapruek Pet Hospital.

They gave my 2 dogs, the ugliest hair cuts they have ever had.

They forgot to change the haircut lenght, which resultet in Ziggy having a bare back.

My 2 dogs where clearly stressed, and couldn't wait to get out of there.

I suspect they werent treated very nice.

On top of this, they knew they made a mistake, but still collected the money really fast, and never apologised.

Justr a word of warning.

Stay clear of Chaiyapruek Pet Hospital.

They gave my 2 dogs, the ugliest hair cuts they have ever had.

They forgot to change the haircut lenght, which resultet in Ziggy having a bare back.

My 2 dogs where clearly stressed, and couldn't wait to get out of there.

I suspect they werent treated very nice.

On top of this, they knew they made a mistake, but still collected the money really fast, and never apologised.

Do not worry my Persian was cut on the neck,deep enough to be bleeding, covered the cut up with a "cute" bandanna and i was charged 650 baht.

Upon removing the bandanna few days later, i saw the cut which was still kind of bloody, i returned back, only to be charged for the cream